Pat Moran: Mike Peterson rejects Bills' offer

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If we take Cushing-Matthews-Sintim in Round 1-2, why tie up $ with Keiaho or June?

I hate the idea of Cushing at 11. He's gonna be a good player but not at that spot. LBs are teh rbs of the defense. The better the d-line, the better the LB will play. Cushing, IMO, isn't that special of a LB to warrant being drafted that high.

As for Peterson, i can't blame him for rejecting the offer. He is probably looking at his last contract and wants more security.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't Matthews more of a 3-4 rushing OLB?

I don't know, but I like Matthews as much as any other LB in this years draft with the exception of Curry. He's a tackling machine, with great bloodlines, and to many people's dismay he was one of the fastest and most athletic LB's in this year's draft, even faster than Cushing with a 39' inch vertical.

If I had to go the LB route, I would look to try to trade into the latter half of the first round or early second to get him.

What says you astrobot about Matthews?

isn't Matthews more of a 3-4 rushing OLB?

Yes. At DraftTek, we are calling Clay Mathews a OLB34, the lighter LB types which includes Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews (and possibly Clint Sintim) in RD1. OLB43's in Round 1 are Aaron Curry and Everette Brown (both to be gone by our pick), Brian Cushing, Aaron Maybin, and Larry English.

In Round 2, the only OLB43 is Marcus Freeman. This makes me think we take OLB in Free Agency so that we can take a DE or BPA in RD1.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If we take Cushing-Matthews-Sintim in Round 1-2, why tie up $ with Keiaho or June?

Because while any of those three is likely to start if we drafted them in the first two rounds, there really isn't anyone with veteran experience and talent to back any of them up. Ellison is all right, but proved to be a bit of a liability at times last year. With Crowell gone, we need solid, veteran talent or else one injury will be the end of us at LB just like last year. Keiaho is a solid guy who has time left and plays very well in the Cover-2. June is a similar guy, but his numbers suggest he is starting to let down. I have no problem with the Bills taking Cushing at 11, assuming he's there and one of the top three DEs isn't around (and I don't mean Maybin). Otherwise, I say take an LB. That's a position of need on the D that we need to fill. I think we can get Ayers in the second round, or if need be, make a trade to get back into the late first and take him there.

this has prolly been asked b4 but, are C. June and Keiaho weak side or strong side..I ask cuz theyve been useing Mitchel at weak side and Ellison was strong side..some ppl get mixed up cuz even tho Mitchel is the wslb he lines up on the strong side...

this has prolly been asked b4 but, are C. June and Keiaho weak side or strong side..I ask cuz theyve been useing Mitchel at weak side and Ellison was strong side..some ppl get mixed up cuz even tho Mitchel is the wslb he lines up on the strong side...

I think the concept is the same but the terminology different. So yeah June and Keiaho are WLB's.