Lee Evans should have a monster year.

With Lynch and Jackson back there and hopefully a decent TE in the mix, no one stands to benefit more from TOs presence than Lee Evans. (Except maybe Trent).

I'm one of the people who believe that Lee is a true number one WR, that he has hall-of-fame talent and ability and that he is fully worth his big extension. With Ownes opposite him Lee is not gonna see anywhere near as much double coverage this year.

I fully expect Lee Evans to put up some monster numbers and show the NFL how good he is. He will make his first pro bowl too. I realistically expect Lee to post 80+ catches, 1,200+ yards and 6+ TDs.

With the O-Line straight and a healthy Trent, Lee Evans is gonna have a big year.

I can't wait.

I have been thinking about the same thing but with a different view. I think Josh Reed is going to post upgraded numbers if anyone. TO is also going to get a lot of passes as he can run those intermediate routes that Edwards can throw. Evans longer routes take time and Trent will need some renewed confidence to hang in there long enough to throw those passes. We need to get an offensive guard before I see Lee Evans excelling.

I have been thinking about the same thing but with a different view. I think Josh Reed is going to post upgraded numbers if anyone. TO is also going to get a lot of passes as he can run those intermediate routes that Edwards can throw. Evans longer routes take time and Trent will need some renewed confidence to hang in there long enough to throw those passes. We need to get an offensive guard before I see Lee Evans excelling.

I do see Josh (and any reciever on the field) getting huge benefits from TO's presence.

But in fact, TE can't throw long enough to hit Lee in stride unless he throws when Lee has only gone about twenty yards. That's why he so rarely throws long to Lee, because Lee usually has a safety over him long and you can't be sure he'll beat that guy till he's run 30 yards or so.

Now, Lee will see single coverage sometimes, and Trent should in that case be able to let go very early. This is going to be a very big year for all Bills receivers, especially Lee, just because he's the best.

But all this is contingent on fixing the OL. We have got to get good pass protection to allow all this to happen. If we have any weak links on the OL, defenses will find them. Look at center last year.

I love LEE and think on a team like Philly, Dallas, AZ, NE, INDY, NO, etc. he would be a top 5 producing WR. THat being said, I just dont see a big jump in his stats next year. I think he will be very dangerous and an amazing weapon, but statistically I dont see a "monster" year. Here is why:

1. TO: He needs the ball a lot more than Reed got thrown at last year to stay happy, that means less passes for Lee...Reed never had to be made part of the offense, TO NEEDS to be made a priority in the offense...big difference.

2. Lee's game doesnt suit Trents passing style. Lee is an explosive big play WR and Trent doesnt have a big ARM and is better in the short to intermediate routes.

3. Our running game: With so many weapons, our ground game is going to be even better. Again, more effective ground game is going to take passing attempts away...not to mention, Trent is still a young QB, so I doubt they just fully take reigns off and start airing it out all game...

4. Tight End: I firmly believe we are going to draft a TE and implement them into the passing game. At the very least, D. Fine should see some more action in the passing game. Seems to be a priority in the front office (at least from what they have said) to get a recieving threat at TE.

5. 4 WR sets...With TO, Evans, Reed, and then Roscoe, Hardy, or Johnson, we have the making of a sick and lethal 4 and 5 WR set...the beneficiaries are usually the 3rd and 4th WR's here as they see single coverage...

So, while I fully expect Lee to be a Lethal weapon and draw plenty of attention, I dont expect a monster year statistically. There is so much balance on this team, I just dont see enough passes coming his way. 75-80 catches with 1100-1200 yards and 5 TD's would be great, but not a monster year...

It's not possible for me to agree more. Lee is going to have a huge year.

:flirt:

The offense will not reach its potential until we solidify the line. We need one more piece to the puzzle.

We need a guard. If Peters gets his deal and is in camp he'll dominate all year and whoever plays next to him will benefit. If we could land Waters or draft a guard, we'd be set. Harngartner should play center unless we draft someone.

With Lynch and Jackson back there and hopefully a decent TE in the mix, no one stands to benefit more from TOs presence than Lee Evans. (Except maybe Trent).

I'm one of the people who believe that Lee is a true number one WR, that he has hall-of-fame talent and ability and that he is fully worth his big extension. With Ownes opposite him Lee is not gonna see anywhere near as much double coverage this year.

I fully expect Lee Evans to put up some monster numbers and show the NFL how good he is. He will make his first pro bowl too. I realistically expect Lee to post 80+ catches, 1,200+ yards and 6+ TDs.

With the O-Line straight and a healthy Trent, Lee Evans is gonna have a big year.

I can't wait.

He will, but don't count on it showing up in the stats given that the ball will be delivered to TO on a regular basis. Stats are for losers, as they say ...

I can't wait.

I am with you that I think Lee Evans is a true #1, but if he doesn't have a monster year, as you put it, it won't be totally his fault. For one we have a QB who hasn't shown he can throw downfield yet with an consistency or accuracy. Two, hopefully it was because of personnel, but the offense was so predictable and boring last year. I was actually a little surprised that a new OC wasn't brought in, Schonert kinda stunk last year.

I think the passing game all around is going to be improved. both Lee and TO will command respect from DBacks and while TO is a receiver who can run the shorter routs and get pen, Lee is going to have a better opportunity to catch those deep balls. Throw Steve Johnson in there and we will have a pretty good passing game (assuming the O-line can hold up B-) )