Will Tony Gonzalez reconsider the Bills now?

SKOOBY

l think that he is smart enough to realize that 2 #1 WR's will leave the TE open quite often now. Is there a chance he reconsiders his original stance and comes to Buffalo??

P.S. After getting T.O., this is less of a stretch than we might think.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

l think that he is smart enough to realize that 2 #1 WR's will leave the TE open quite often now. Is there a chance he reconsiders his original stance and comes to Buffalo??

Evans, Owens, and Gonzalez?? Man just hearing that, even the thought makes me moist. That's an offense that would garner INSTANT respectability! I would definitely piss my pants. I already pissed them yesterday when we signed Owens.

I would LOVE to see TG come here.......but how much is his asking price? and is he a free agent?

Piss on him. To many good TE's in the draft. With TO and Lee and Josh in the middle and a receiving backfiled I'm sure just about any one of the will be open.

Guest dog14787

TO is a ball hog so I doubt any player that likes to get the ball on offense is going to pick Buffalo as the place to go, they didn't before, they really won't now, but who cares we can draft one. :thumbsup:

I think our top priorities should be a LG and LDE, whether draft or FA. I don't think TE is a huge need right now. We have 2 average guys who could be good but Owens could make those guys better by just being on the field.

Evans, Owens, and Gonzalez?? Man just hearing that, even the thought makes me moist. That's an offense that would garner INSTANT respectability! I would definitely piss my pants. I already pissed them yesterday when we signed Owens.

I would LOVE to see TG come here.......but how much is his asking price? and is he a free agent?

TG's experience alone would bring a depth to Buffalo not seen since the early 90's.

I think our top priorities should be a LG and LDE, whether draft or FA. I don't think TE is a huge need right now. We have 2 average guys who could be good but Owens could make those guys better by just being on the field.

Good call nucci. This Derek Fine just might be fine for us. Although I don't like him Bubba Franks is still out there and he might be that combination of pass blocker/red zone threat that we could use and let Fine be more of the pass catcher for us this year.

TG's experience alone would bring a depth to Buffalo not seen since the early 90's.

absolutely. That would be a formidable, formidable offense. Hopefully noone flames me for the statement I'm about to make, but...with an offense with Trent at the QB, Marshawn and Fred in the backfield, Evans, Owens, and Gonzalez catchin passes, there's no way we couldn't add at least 3 - 4 extra wins to last years total. Dare I even say, we could outscore teams, and not even make any additions to our defense, and still be a playoff contender...

I think that we would be making a huge mistake if we brought in other big names, especially at the skilled positions. We have a tremendous supporting cast for TO and Lee Evans not only has the ability but also the perfect demeanor to play opposite of him. Let this guy have the spotlight and let our current players play.

absolutely. That would be a formidable, formidable offense. Hopefully noone flames me for the statement I'm about to make, but...with an offense with Trent at the QB, Marshawn and Fred in the backfield, Evans, Owens, and Gonzalez catchin passes, there's no way we couldn't add at least 3 - 4 extra wins to last years total. Dare I even say, we could outscore teams, and not even make any additions to our defense, and still be a playoff contender...

No flame from me, loading up the offense with talent / experience will only raise the odds of winning more games. Our time of possession would go through the roof and make the defense look better as well / keep them well rested.

Guest dog14787
I think that we would be making a huge mistake if we brought in other big names, especially at the skilled positions. We have a tremendous supporting cast for TO and Lee Evans not only has the ability but also the perfect demeanor to play opposite of him. Let this guy have the spotlight and let our current players play.

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

This year's draft is so deep, I would pass on this opportunity. I would like to have Brian Waters though.

Agree with you, 'Gox. In fact, I'd rather take Pettigrew on a trade down more than anything, and take Waters at OG. Then I think the starting offense is set. We'll take a 2nd Day WR again for depth and/or the PS.

Agree with you, 'Gox. In fact, I'd rather take Pettigrew on a trade down more than anything, and take Waters at OG. Then I think the starting offense is set. We'll take a 2nd Day WR again for depth and/or the PS.

We need two new TEs. The vast majority of rookies at any position don't really add serious production for a year or two. I think a TE for a couple years plus a rookie in the first, second or third, would not be a stretch. I would love a Gonzalez or Shefler. I dont really expect it but just because we need to draft one doesnt preclude a trade or FA signing.

We need two new TEs. The vast majority of rookies at any position don't really add serious production for a year or two. I think a TE for a couple years plus a rookie in the first, second or third, would not be a stretch. I would love a Gonzalez or Shefler. I dont really expect it but just because we need to draft one doesnt preclude a trade or FA signing.

Now, I think that Scheffler would be a great addition and not too big of a name. Imagine that offense. Yeah buddy!

Now, I think that Scheffler would be a great addition and not too big of a name. Imagine that offense. Yeah buddy!

Boy

Tony G isnt going anywhere... I dont know if you have been watching the news but KC is being revitalized also.. Cassel NEEDS a TE.

Never gonna happen (althought thats what i said about Owens)

I can see your point of view, but would you not agree that the tight end position has been a significant offensive weakness of ours, for at least half a decade if not longer? Also, I just don't want the bills to address the tight end position with our 11th pick in the draft, which i'm hoping we go DE...

I can see your point of view, but would you not agree that the tight end position has been a significant offensive weakness of ours, for at least half a decade if not longer? Also, I just don't want the bills to address the tight end position with our 11th pick in the draft, which i'm hoping we go DE...

We might trade down to get a extra shot at a TE / DE, which would make sense if can't get another solid FA.