Who would you rather keep?

The Riddler

dont expect the same from edwards next year, this year is the biggest year of his career, his first real contract year. keep williams, you know what your gonna get from him.

95919[/snapback]

Edwards is signed through 2005. And Jonas' salary demands versus Pat's salary demands won't even be close! Pat stays, Jonas goes.

Pat...he produces and plays, Jennings does neither. Jennings reminds me of that joke from Annie Hall, two old women are talking, one says, "the food at this restaurant is terrible!", the other replies, "yeah, and the portions are so small!"

I don't think there is any question that we need an OL much more than a DT, but Jennings ain't the answer. He's constantly hurt, and I don't think he's been that special when he's playing. Plus, he got a contract extension offer earlier this year and turned it down, so my guess is he's looking for big money.

pat williams will stay because he wont be demanding a large contract. jennings is gone, he will want too much and he is overrated IMO. we need to pick up a tackle in free agency or move teague to left tackle.

95915[/snapback]

dont expect the same from edwards next year, this year is the biggest year of his career, his first real contract year. keep williams, you know what your gonna get from him.

95919[/snapback]

ummm... what he said

to elaborate:

1. Has Jennings EVER played a whole season? he's always injured for at least 4-5 games a year, thats HUGE when we're talking starting left tackle, and on this line

2. Edwards has had A COUPLE of good games, Williams has had 7 good years

you cant even compare them. Williams will be cheaper to sign, ink him for another 3-4 years and we're set. Id rather resign Williams and then when Sam's contract is up, if Edwards(or Anderson) seem good enough let the big man walk.

I hope Pat stays...I think it's important to remember that Edwards, Williams, and Adams are playing well as a rotation. Take one away and maybe that rotation suffers...Unless Anderson is ready to contribute in 2005...

I think some Team is going to overpay Jonas in a big way...And if so, they can have him...Not sure what the Bills will do at LT, but I think Jonas is barely above average when healthy, and it may very well be an opportunity to upgrade...

We'll see...

Pat Williams with no question.

For those who don't think about things other than stats......

Half of the reason our defense is so good is because we stop the run very well. Pat Williams sitting in the middle and not letting anything move up the middle is half of the reason our run defense is so good. We absolutely need him if we expect our defense so stay as good as it is.

pat williams will stay because he wont be demanding a large contract. jennings is gone, he will want too much and he is overrated IMO. we need to pick up a tackle in free agency or move teague to left tackle.

95915[/snapback]

Teague at left tackle is not the answer. However, I do agree that Pat is the guy to keep if the deal is right.

I rather keep Jennings. The way that Ron Edwards has played to this point makes Williams expendable.

95917[/snapback]

I'm not that sold on Jennings. We can do better in free agency if it comes to that. If there is any way to get a deal done with a guy like Walter Jones, I'd MUCH rather see that happen than to pay a bunch of money to a guy who is decent at best.

BTW, I like your username. More than ANY Bill, he's the guy I want to see enshrined in Canton!

I'm not that sold on Jennings.  We can do better in free agency if it comes to that.  If there is any way to get a deal done with a guy like Walter Jones, I'd MUCH rather see that happen than to pay a bunch of money to a guy who is decent at best. 

BTW, I like your username.  More than ANY Bill, he's the guy I want to see enshrined in Canton!

96197[/snapback]

I'll second both of your comments. I don't want to see a large portion of the cap go to an O-lineman who can't stay healthy. Jennings is adequate to above average, but not a true difference maker.

Hull definitely deserves to be in the Hall...he was the real "captain" of that offense.

P.S. - Stop stealing my thunder. I know I mentioned Walter Jones to you at Sliders. :doh:

It all depends on the market value for these guys.

Jennings seems to want out, and will likely get a big offer simply because he can play LT. Pat Williams would be nice to keep, but again, for what price?

I think that a cap friendly deal could warrant keeping him, but with the way Edwards is playing, he might not even start.

Frankly, I think that neither will be on the roster next year. If that is the case, I will miss PW more than Jennings.

Jmo.

I'm not that sold on Jennings.  We can do better in free agency if it comes to that.  If there is any way to get a deal done with a guy like Walter Jones, I'd MUCH rather see that happen than to pay a bunch of money to a guy who is decent at best. 

BTW, I like your username.  More than ANY Bill, he's the guy I want to see enshrined in Canton!

96197[/snapback]

Yeah, well you and Badolbilz did a good job of shattering my dream about signing Hopkins. :lol::doh: