Didn't Ralph say that the team needed more talent..

Really? What about Jason Peters? What about Marcus Stroud? What about Aaron Schobel when he's healthy? What about Langston Walker? There's talent there, trust me. And also trust me, no one was clamoring for bringing in a Peppers or a Suggs more than I was, but you can't just throw a ton of money at average players (see: Dockery, Derrick).

Again, there's is a ton of talent: McKelvin, Parrish, K. Mitchell, Poz, Whitner, McGee, etc. The problem is with the coaching. And we need a pass rush.

And I'll be happy to take the over on 3-13 and give you 10-1 odds.

YES Ralph did say this team needs talent! BUT, did he say he was going to buy some? NOPE!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been more embarrassed to be a Bills fan. There is some talent on this team, yes but facts are facts and in the AFC East we're just not good enough. Nobody on this board can deny that of all the teams in the AFC East, we've done the least in free agency and even dropped a few guys and guess what? We won ZERO games in the AFC East last year. Wake up people. Ralph doesn't care and that's the truth. If he did, he would open the checkbook like all of the other teams did and get some talent. How do the Patriot moves look on this lovely morning? Springs, extra draft picks, oh yeah and a third wide receiver because they already had two good ones, just wait until they get either Peppers or Taylor. How does a defensive front of Seymour, Wilfork, and Peppers look with Thomas blitzing on the other side look? Scary people. How about the Jets with Bar Scott and Lito added to the fold. I haven't even talked about the division winners people. Oh yeah, and they have draft picks too. Oh but that's right, our draft will be perfect and everyone else in the division will miss on all of those picks right you Kool aid drinkers. Wake up people! We are last in the division and deserve to be for the complete lack of activity with bringing in valid NFL talent regardless of what you think of the young core of players on this team. They have young players too, people.

I've never been more embarrassed to be a Bills fan. There is some talent on this team, yes but facts are facts and in the AFC East we're just not good enough. Nobody on this board can deny that of all the teams in the AFC East, we've done the least in free agency and even dropped a few guys and guess what? We won ZERO games in the AFC East last year. Wake up people. Ralph doesn't care and that's the truth. If he did, he would open the checkbook like all of the other teams did and get some talent. How do the Patriot moves look on this lovely morning? Springs, extra draft picks, oh yeah and a third wide receiver because they already had two good ones, just wait until they get either Peppers or Taylor. How does a defensive front of Seymour, Wilfork, and Peppers look with Thomas blitzing on the other side look? Scary people. How about the Jets with Bar Scott and Lito added to the fold. I haven't even talked about the division winners people. Oh yeah, and they have draft picks too. Oh but that's right, our draft will be perfect and everyone else in the division will miss on all of those picks right you Kool aid drinkers. Wake up people! We are last in the division and deserve to be for the complete lack of activity with bringing in valid NFL talent regardless of what you think of the young core of players on this team. They have young players too, people.

Newsflash...the Miami Dolphins lone big acquisition last season was that QB no one in the league cared too much about, Chad Pennington...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12136-m...-fail-to-excite

As you can see from this article dated March 7th, 2008, the rest of their signings was nothing to write home about. The moral of this story is that all you need is good coaching and a decent QB to turn around a team that went 1-16 the year before. It gets better than that though, they got rid of their two most productive players in Taylor and Thomas!

So to paraphrase..."it's the coaching (and QBing) stupid", not the big ticket FA players. We must not lose focus on what the true failure of this team is.

What are the fans to make of these jokers? You have the owner come out and say after he told us that he's bringing back our incompetent coach, that the team doesnt have enough talent to compete....Well Ralph, that's what FA is for. And what have they done. Got worse at CB from Greer to Florence. Got worse on the OL from Dockery to Hangartner(ok, debatable), and i think i'd rather have JP than Fitzpatrick. No TE, no LB, no pass rush help. They keep running players in and out for visits, but no signings...THe FA pool is running dry very quickly.

And why is it in a salary cap league that i know whenever there is a top player available i dont even let the idea cross my mind that the player would be a Bill. Haynesworth, Scott, Ray Lewis, Housh, etc...Not even a thought by the Bills, and not even a realistic thought by the fans because we know it isn't going to happen. Are we the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL or are we all dealing with the same cap? This team has so many holes that cant all be filled by the draft. And the way they draft who would have the confidence in them that they know what they are doing anyways in the draft...Ex. McCargo, Hardy, Witner, etc....

The rest of the AFC is getting better, teams like Denver, KC, the Jets...How can the Bills give us nothing again? when will it be enough for the fans...They are as irrelevant in the league as Cincy and Detroit.

I don't believe Ralph ever said he was willing to pay for the needed talent. He was simply stating that they needed more.

Newsflash...the Miami Dolphins lone big acquisition last season was that QB no one in the league cared too much about, Chad Pennington...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12136-m...-fail-to-excite

As you can see from this article dated March 7th, 2008, the rest of their signings was nothing to write home about. The moral of this story is that all you need is good coaching and a decent QB to turn around a team that went 1-16 the year before. It gets better than that though, they got rid of their two most productive players in Taylor and Thomas!

So to paraphrase..."it's the coaching (and QBing) stupid", not the big ticket FA players. We must not lose focus on what the true failure of this team is.

Point well stated. I think most people can agree there is at least marginal talent on this team. The real issue is the horrible coaching. We probobly lost at least 3 games last year due to the coaching. And probobly should have lost the Raiders, Rams, Jags, and Chargers games if certain players didnt step up at the time. This coaching staff is the real issue, and they consistantly put us in a position to lose. :lol:

I don't believe Ralph ever said he was willing to pay for the needed talent. He was simply stating that they needed more.

Ralph stated that after giving his loser of a head coach a contract extension. There is no way he could give that reporter an honest answer, still retain his loser head coach and sell tickets to the 2009 season. The fallback excuse was that it was the players that were no good and that they'd get better players through affordable free agents and the draft. The Bill had enough talent to beat the Browns and 49ers at home and win two of their AFC East games, it was the coaching staff that was at fault for blowing a potential 11-5 season.

News flash back at you. The Dolphins turned it around because they have competent football people calling the shots and building the team the right way....in the trenches. And if you honestly believe that Zach Thomas was one of the Dolphins most productive players you haven't been watching football for the past few years. He's been terrible for years. Taylor I'll give you but again it was Parcells who decided to pull the plug on the prima donna me me me Taylor. Another news flash...That same owner, Ralph is the one who decided to keep our bad coach in place so it's twofold...lack of talent and lack of a competent leader. Either way it's Ralph's incompetence and cheapness as an owner so I think we'll both agree with that. He won't pay top dollar for a good coach and there are plenty out there. We're saying the same thing but I think the difference is that you are higher on our overall talent level than I am. Just because a player was drafted in the first or second round doesn't make them a good player. Whitner, Poz, Kelsey, Denney, and McCargo have been invisible the last 2 years or so. Can they get better? Sure. But it remains to be seen and I'm losing confidence in them. Especially Whitner and Poz (Forget about McCargo because he's a lost cause and will be cut). All I can say about these two high draft picks is that it's tough to find a game changing play that either one of them has made and to say that about your middle LB and strong safety is never good, especially where they were taken in the draft. Expect more underwhelming choices in this draft and a 5-11 record at best because the same buffoons are in charge and Ralph won't pay for talent.

What are the fans to make of these jokers? You have the owner come out and say after he told us that he's bringing back our incompetent coach, that the team doesnt have enough talent to compete....Well Ralph, that's what FA is for. And what have they done. Got worse at CB from Greer to Florence. Got worse on the OL from Dockery to Hangartner(ok, debatable), and i think i'd rather have JP than Fitzpatrick. No TE, no LB, no pass rush help. They keep running players in and out for visits, but no signings...THe FA pool is running dry very quickly.

And why is it in a salary cap league that i know whenever there is a top player available i dont even let the idea cross my mind that the player would be a Bill. Haynesworth, Scott, Ray Lewis, Housh, etc...Not even a thought by the Bills, and not even a realistic thought by the fans because we know it isn't going to happen. Are we the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL or are we all dealing with the same cap? This team has so many holes that cant all be filled by the draft. And the way they draft who would have the confidence in them that they know what they are doing anyways in the draft...Ex. McCargo, Hardy, Witner, etc....

The rest of the AFC is getting better, teams like Denver, KC, the Jets...How can the Bills give us nothing again? when will it be enough for the fans...They are as irrelevant in the league as Cincy and Detroit.

Would you like me to get you a piece of paper for your written apology to Mr. Wilson??

Funny how these people are nowhere to be found. Job well done, OBD.

hocknod, i'm here..

I absolutely love the signing. After sitting on their hands since the start of FA they made the biggest splash of the off season. Ralph put his money where his mouth is, and the team has life. But they can't just stop there and leave the rest to the draft. Too many holes to fill. This is not a playoff team...They need to grab one of those LB's they've had in, preferrably June or Peterson. They need a G, DE and TE. PLus they have Jauron, cant forget that. But as far as TO, it ws a great start

Got worse at CB from Greer to Florence.

i am sorry, but drayton florence is a better all-around cornerback than jabari greer.

florence is blessed with great size, speed and athleticism/ball skills.

greer was undrafted and lasted longer in FA than florence did.

the chargers were going to trade cromartie if they could get florence back...enough said!