Could something bigger be coming up??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, they'd probably trade Marshawn for a backup DE and an OLB coming off career threatening surgery.

As long as they have a high motor and bring their own lunch to work, that's ok with me.

I think they may be up to something too. Even though the Bills are not big in the trade business there may be a couple reasons why I think it may be possible.

First, as can be seen so far in free agency, they will not go after 1st tier players because they won't consider us and we are not willing to spend the bucks. A ML trade could use his salary to offset some of the amount they will need to pay a big name WR, TE, DE or LB.

I also think in the back of their minds is the off field issues, but more importantly, I think ML is a major injury waiting to happen. I love his effort but every time he runs I cringe because while he is fighting for yards he is taking all these shots from every direction. This effort, while commendable, is conducive to a short career.

So, whether they are trying to pull something off or not I don't know, but if they do, they better get quality and have a signed contract in hand first.

I think they are tired of Lynch's shenanigans. I'm sure that after the hit and run someone said no more. This is more.

Wouldn't surprise me if they cut him after they sign someone like Foster.

They won't cut him no way. They might trade him, but cut him-Nope. He is too good and making much less than they would have to pay someone to replace him that wasn't half as good as he is. They won't get rid of him without getting something in return.

Folks, not EVERYTHING is a contingency plan!

True, true.

But it does say in the site's premium forum that a "league source" believes trading Jackson or Lynch is a possibility. According to the source, all these visits have some larger meaning. Something to keep tabs on anyways.

True, true.

But it does say in the site's premium forum that a "league source" believes trading Jackson or Lynch is a possibility. According to the source, all these visits have some larger meaning. Something to keep tabs on anyways.

What site?

if the bills trade lynch I'll be pretty pissed unless they draft a RB at #11 which we shouldn't have to use our first pick on a RB because there is too many other needs. signing anybody that they had in is a huge downgrade.

You realize how massively gigantic the downgrade is from Lynch to Foster or Jones right?

when healthy, Kevin Jones is a better back than Lynch.

Catches better

Pass protects better

hits the hole better

knows the plays better

is more explosive

when healthy, Kevin Jones is a better back than Lynch.

Catches better

Pass protects better

hits the hole better

knows the plays better

is more explosive

You must be catching up on the Breaking Bad episodes you've missed.

I was less than impressed with that article.

No way dynamo Xavier Omon is released – he’s Buffalo’s long-term Sproles-ish project.
Oman weighs almost 50 pounds more than Sproles. There really isn't anything "Sproles-ish" about him.
After Lynch’s two messy incidents, Ko Simpson’s childish rant to the cops and the alleged gun James Hardy pulled on his dad, the Bills are veering down the Bengals path to self-destruction.
He's comparing:

- A traffic accident where someone received minor injuries

- A non-violent gun possession misdemeanor

- A disorderly conduct charge for someone who essentially just shouted some stupid things at the police

- Someone pulling a gun to prevent a family quarrel from escalating into a full scale fight

to "the Bengals path to self-destruction". Give me a break.

Beast Mode’s value remains high. On the field, he’s a fireball. Treating every carry like it’s his last, he is football’s equivalent to Allen Iverson. Extrapolate the Marshawn Lynch that tore up the New York Jets’ vaunted front seven in Week 15 over a full season and he’s a top five back. Hands down.
If you took the best game just about any starting RB played last season you could pretty much make the same argument. Lynch's production has been marginal at best for where he was drafted. His obvious lack of maturity demonstrated by the repeated off-field incidents isn't exactly doing anything to improve his trade value. I will concede that Lynch's trade value is clearly much more than Jackson's.

The reasons for bringing in veteran RBs are plainly obvious:

1) They don't have any on their roster. Ideally, you want all positions to have a mix of youth and veteran players.

2) Lynch's status is uncertain. Before today's plea deal, for all the front office knew, Lynch could have been spending a substantial portion of this season in prison. (and he's demonstrated that he's dumb enough there's a very real possibility of him doing something else really stupid that lands him in prison)