Ask Tim Graham

Lori

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say that, Tim, you rock! It's truly a priviledge to get your input and "insider" info like this. Thanks for all!

Ya know what's really odd... we all just believe what you say and I don't even know what kind of car you drive. That, in and of itself, says something. Not sure what, but something.

If you found out what I drove, it might undercut my credibility. But three more months and it's paid for. And I highly recommend Towne Ford in Orchard Park.

What are the salary cap implications of trading Jason Peters. The Bills gain salary cap room but lose some room with accelerated bonus hit. What the breakdown?

I don't have the breakdown, but just looking at his salary, it probably won't make much difference at all in terms of dead money. The Bills are way under the cap anyway.

Tim,

There's a rumor on a website called profootballcentral.com that says the Bills are trying to trade for DT John Henderson. Naturally, this has many Bills fans excited and giddy over the thought of reuniting Stroud with his old linemate.

Here's the link to the TSW thread: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=87178

Can you comment on this? I know John Clayton said the Bills weren't done dealing, so maybe this is something being seriously explored by the Bills and Jags.

I haven't heard about the Henderson rumor, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything to it. If I hear anything more, I'll let you know.

I don't have the breakdown, but just looking at his salary, it probably won't make much difference at all in terms of dead money. The Bills are way under the cap anyway.

Have the Eagles or Parker (hah) leaked any of the numbers from the new contract? As I told someone last night, I presume Peters will get a good chunk of that guaranteed money this season.

And mentioning a Ford dealership in Orchard Park? Man, you WILL go a long way to cultivate a source. So how often does Ralph Wilson -- errr, Ralph's driver, I mean -- get the oil changed in his Taurus?

<_<

Have the Eagles or Parker (hah) leaked any of the numbers from the new contract? As I told someone last night, I presume Peters will get a good chunk of that guaranteed money this season.

And mentioning a Ford dealership in Orchard Park? Man, you WILL go a long way to cultivate a source. So how often does Ralph Wilson -- errr, Ralph's driver, I mean -- get the oil changed in his Taurus?

<_<

I'm sure Peters' contract details will start to trickle out once the contract is registered with the NFLPA.

I doubt Ford would be the most popular make in the One Bills Drive parking lot (not counting the media section).

No doubt. I'm actually not kidding about the Taurus, though -- a while back, it was reported (by The News, I think) that a Bills staffer picked someone up at the airport in "Ralph's Taurus." Maybe when Jauron or Sherman was here for his first interview?

Ah, here it is: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=39752

Channel 2, supposedly, and Ralph was doing the driving himself.

He and Mary also have a PT Cruiser. Nicely appointed, with Bills logos embroidered into the leather seats. But you're right, neither of those compares to the bright yellow H2 Travis Henry used to have -- the sound system in that bad boy rattled MY windows when he pulled up alongside me on Milestrip one night -- or some of the other players' rides ...

I was told there were as many as three other teams interested to varying degrees. But the only other team I know of was the one I reported yesterday: the Giants.

Thanks, some people around here seem to think that the Eagles were the Bills only trade option and they got hosed. I guess it shows that Philly made the best offer.

No doubt. I'm actually not kidding about the Taurus, though -- a while back, it was reported (by The News, I think) that a Bills staffer picked someone up at the airport in "Ralph's Taurus." Maybe when Jauron or Sherman was here for his first interview?

He and Mary also have a PT Cruiser. Nicely appointed, with Bills logos embroidered into the leather seats. But you're right, neither of those compares to the bright yellow H2 Travis Henry used to have -- the sound system in that bad boy rattled MY windows when he pulled up alongside me on Milestrip one night -- or some of the other players' rides ...

<_< I always thought that was just a gag!!!

I know that the Taurus SHO, which went out of production in 1999 or 2000, was a badass car. I have an uncle who worked at the Ford assembly plant in Cleveland, and he said it was the most powerful model he's ever driven. I guess the V8 engine in that thing (they had them specially made in Japan by Yamaha or Toyota) put police cruisers to shame. He told me that in tests one year they tried to max it out on the track and the body blew apart before they could reach the top-end.

With that, I have exhausted all of my car knowledge. I can change a tire and fill the gas tank. That's about it.

But Tauruses were very roomy sedans before they were shrunk. My dad owned three of them (the base model, not the SHO), and I could see if it were black and had tinted windows, it could pass as chauffeur-worthy without many giggles.

But it sure does sound tacky.

I remember it being Sherman.

The Giants probably showed interest just to drive-up the asking Price for Peters. They have LT David Diehl, with whom they won a SB.

Both left tackles in this year's Super Bowl might not start for a third of the teams in the league.

Maybe the Giants were going to send Diehl to Buffalo.

Thanks, some people around here seem to think that the Eagles were the Bills only trade option and they got hosed. I guess it shows that Philly made the best offer.

<_< I always thought that was just a gag!!!

LOL

It was real and I think they had pictures of Wilson in the Taurus on WGRZ.com

Wasn't this around the time of the infamous George Siefert sightings at the airport? Or was that the previous coaching search?

I have to admit I love the Siefert sighting, it reminds me of the Sienfeld episode when

George bought a car owned by Jon Voight for some reason.

If I had the extra cash, next year when the Bills fire Jauron I'd pony up the cash and hire Siefert to hang around the Buffalo airport for a few hours just to screw with everyone on TSW.

Both left tackles in this year's Super Bowl might not start for a third of the teams in the league.

Maybe the Giants were going to send Diehl to Buffalo.

Perhaps. And perhaps LT is an overrated position?

LOL

It was real and I think they had pictures of Wilson in the Taurus on WGRZ.com

Wasn't this around the time of the infamous George Siefert sightings at the airport? Or was that the previous coaching search?

I have to admit I love the Siefert sighting, it reminds me of the Sienfeld episode when

George bought a car owned by Jon Voight for some reason.

If I had the extra cash, next year when the Bills fire Jauron I'd pony up the cash and hire Siefert to hang around the Buffalo airport for a few hours just to screw with everyone on TSW.

<_<

Ah yes..."the players, his peers, the ones who actually know who is good and who is not..." <_<:devil::pirate:

Here's a slightly more accurate view of the process from an actual player, an offensive tackle, a peer, someone who actually knows who's good and who's not...

The rosters for the 2009 Pro Bowl have been announced, which of course means it is time for the annual rite of passage in which all of the media pundits will harp on the same three things: the players that were snubbed, the players that got in but didn't deserve to and, perhaps most importantly, the flaws in the selection process. Though I'm quite sure some of my personal opinions regarding players that didn't deserve to get in (I'm talking to you, Jason Peters) and vice versa will come to the forefront, my focus will be on the process itself because more often than not that is where the problems originate.

link

Yeah, I read it months ago. You mean that there is a player, one ex-player, who does not think that Peters should have been a pro-bowler. I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on ....

He's got his opinion. Most players disagree.

Tim,

How does one go about getting a job like yours? I have my English Degree and looked around for jobs in journalism after school, but everything was the equivelant of a mailboy. With so many people having jobs today as Bloggers and online columnists, how does someone really go about breaking into this business; even with something like free-lance assignments?