Bengals reportedly negotiating with Coles

This according to a very good reporter for a team's website.

In the first day of the post-Housh era, the Bengals hosted Coles on a visit in their efforts to replace his eight seasons, 507 catches, and savvy presence in the huddle. Indications Tuesday night were that negotiations were ongoing after day-long meetings with coaches and staff at Paul Brown Stadium.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7540

It doesn't mean much though. Obviously if they brought in a guy like Coles they are going to talk money with him. This gives no indication whether they are offering less, equal to, or more than the Bills.

According to my source, they've been negotiating even before he came in for a visit.

I hate being so clandestine, I normally dont have inside scoops like this but this time (because of some very odd circumstances) I do.

My source is still adamant that Coles will not be coming to Buffalo.

According to my source, they've been negotiating even before he came in for a visit.

I hate being so clandestine, I normally dont have inside scoops like this but this time (because of some very odd circumstances) I do.

My source is still adamant that Coles will not be coming to Buffalo.

sounds about right to me unfortunately

The difference between us and the Bills is that we made an offer and there was nothing else from the other side. For the Bengals, there is an actual negotiation going on, which means a willingness on both sides to get something done. We can't say that for Buffalo

The difference between us and the Bills is that we made an offer and there was nothing else from the other side. For the Bengals, there is an actual negotiation going on, which means a willingness on both sides to get something done. We can't say that for Buffalo

Or the Bills offered more than the Bengals who keep upping their offer. :huh:

Which is probably a sign that the bills put a "take it or leave it" offer on the table and dont want to get into a bidding war....which is exactly what they SHOULD do.

Personally I hope it is just over soon....I really hope the bills have not been held up in negotiating with other free agents waitiing to see what was going to happen with coles......there are other wr's out there.

Which is probably a sign that the bills put a "take it or leave it" offer on the table and dont want to get into a bidding war....which is exactly what they SHOULD do.

Personally I hope it is just over soon....I really hope the bills have not been held up in negotiating with other free agents waitiing to see what was going to happen with coles......there are other wr's out there.

The thing is, I for one, dont mind over paying a little to get him. We have so much money and I don't think we are gonna spend all that much of it. If it means getting someone we want and need, I say give him a little extra if that's what it takes. Not too much, however

It doesn't mean much though. Obviously if they brought in a guy like Coles they are going to talk money with him. This gives no indication whether they are offering less, equal to, or more than the Bills.

Cinci is also meeting with both Mike Furrey and Ashley Lelie (link), which can only be good news for us.

Cinci is also meeting with both Mike Furrey and Ashley Lelie (link), which can only be good news for us.

That link also said that JP is visiting the Bungles--looks like we may be swapping backups with them this offseason.....

That link also said that JP is visiting the Bungles--looks like we may be swapping backups with them this offseason.....

It lists him as a "potential" visitor.

From first round draft pick/Starting QB to "maybe" visiting the Bengals for a backup job.

Ouchies.

losing Housh, gives Bengals the money and motivation to acquire a quality veteran WR in FA.

Coles will not be a Bill. Cincy lost their best receiver. They are in desperate need of a WR.

Cinci did not lose their best receiver. Chad Johnson (I won't use his other name) is the number one receiver, when healthy, for the Bengals. Maybe now that T.J. is gone, Chad may clear his head and come back to camp ready to play again with a healthy Carson Palmer. The Bengals are not as desperate as you are thinking.