49ers and Bills

major

The Bills and the 49ers are eerily similar. The Bills’ 103 regular season wins in the 1990s were second best, behind only the San Francisco 49ers. I still long for the good old days when Berman would predict Buffalo vs. San Francisco in the Super Bowl before each season. In this decade, both teams have pretty much met the same fate - lack of playoff appearances, a coaching carousel, multiple QB's, etc...

That being said, which of the two do you think will reach a super bowl first?

That being said, which of the two do you think will reach a super bowl first?

Come on seriously?...this is Buffalo were talking about, Id say SF gets there and wins another before we even get close...

Well, regardless of my opinion, the Niners finished last season with a 4-1 flourish including a victory over the Bills at The Ralph in week 13. Their only loss down the stretch was a close loss at Miami.

Based on the most recent history, they're a better team than we are.

However the people here in the Bay Area are underwhelmed at Mike Singletary's choices for assistant coach and they have yet to improve their team this offseason player-wise. The offense was very productive under Mike Martz last year but he's gone and they have their 4th offensive coordinator in 4 seasons in Jimmy Raye, who was not a popular choice.

alex smith

Alex Smith is the product of being the best QB in a terrible draft. Unfortunately SF needed a QB and had the #1 Pick. That was brutal year to have a #1 pick.

That said... Buffalo has drafted much better players (In my opinion), but the AFC East has been much more competitive than the NFC West in recent years.

I have no idea if Alex Smith will ever pan out as an NFL quarterback, but the Mike Nolan and Niners completely destroyed the guy's development. I'd give a child soldier from Sierra Leone a better chance of survival than Smith had with the Niners.

He'll probably be a cap casualty and an intriguing prospect at a reduced price if his injuries are healed.

From an unbiased standpoint, Buffalo is MUCH closer than San Fran right now.

I don't know how you see that...

The Bills may have the better QB and lead receiver,but that's about it.

Jauron and his staff are running out dated offensive and defensive schemes that most other teams have dropped and moved on from and yet the Bills cling to the Tampa 2 and Mike Martz passing system. :huh:

A dysfunctional front office, with no GM and the owner as acting president. The current Bills team is lacking a dominant front office force with an actual Pro football mentality and intelligence.

There are still some people out there that could really improve the Bills franchise, like Mike Lombardi and Charlie Casserly as GM's. Wilson won't hire anyone because he doesn't want to give up the power and control.

I think the 49ers might make the playoffs this year, the KC Chiefs will be in the playoffs before the Bills and they have a ton of rebuilding to go.

The niners offensive line couldnt win a game of red rover with most boy scout troops and their defense couldnt tackle their male sex dolls even before they are greased, but the team showed a remarkable improvement under singletary.

"We come out and hit people in the mouf..." -- Mike Singletary

Alex Smith is the product of being the best QB in a terrible draft. Unfortunately SF needed a QB and had the #1 Pick. That was brutal year to have a #1 pick.

That said... Buffalo has drafted much better players (In my opinion), but the AFC East has been much more competitive than the NFC West in recent years.

I forgot that Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers and derek anderson and matt cassell and jason campbell and kyle orton and you get the picture.

my bad