I hope Hangartner has grown up since college

Lie detector tests are worthless. They are merely a distraction during an interrogation designed to have you 'confess'.

That said, if the dude can play center, I;m good with it.

You're missing the point.

Why would you agree to a polygraph test unless you knew you were telling the truth?

The only reason you would take a polygraph is that you knew you were telling the truth and you wanted to prove it as much as is possible.

You're missing the point.

Why would you agree to a polygraph test unless you knew you were telling the truth?

The only reason you would take a polygraph is that you knew you were telling the truth and you wanted to prove it as much as is possible.

You're missing the point. They prove nothing let alone the truth, have no scientific validity and are easily defeated. Liars can and do pass, truth tellers can and do fail. Whether you're being honest or not is moot.

I do agree that it would have looked bad if he refused to take one, but his passing was largely due to the subjective judgment of the test administrator.

Here's something I found in his scouting report in PFW's 2005 Draft Preview:

" Arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in March'04. Also accused of shouting racial slurs at black passengers in a vehicle in front of him at a fast food restaurant along with teammate Cole Smith, who was charged with public intoxication. Hangartner denied making any racial slurs, and he took a polygraph which corroborated his claim. Both players were suspended from all spring practice and forced to attend a multicultural course, perform 24 hours of community service and complete an alcohol awareness program. Hangartner fulfilled those requirements and returned to the team in the summer. The DWI charge against him was eventually dropped due to lack of evidence."

some people have way too much time on their hands...if he was a rookie I wouldnt be worried about one incident but how long ago was this? has it happened again since?

Lie detector tests are worthless. They are merely a distraction during an interrogation designed to have you 'confess'.

That said, if the dude can play center, I;m good with it.

Is that what you keep telling your baby mama?

" Arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in March'04. Also accused of shouting racial slurs at black passengers in a vehicle in front of him at a fast food restaurant along with teammate Cole Smith, who was charged with public intoxication. Hangartner denied making any racial slurs, and he took a polygraph which corroborated his claim. Both players were suspended from all spring practice and forced to attend a multicultural course, perform 24 hours of community service and complete an alcohol awareness program. Hangartner fulfilled those requirements and returned to the team in the summer. The DWI charge against him was eventually dropped due to lack of evidence."

When a guy has a track record in the NFL, why would anyone go back to look at his pre-draft summary?...especially to look for character issues...

You've never been to college station, have you? :thumbsup:

some people have way too much time on their hands...if he was a rookie I wouldnt be worried about one incident but how long ago was this? has it happened again since?

My whole point in posting the info to begin with was to state some data about the guy that I hadn't seen posted. If you don't want to know things about Bills players, why are you here to begin with? Maybe YOU have too much time on your hands if you have nothing better to do than criticize information about a new player because you don't want to hear that information. OK-Marshawn Lynch has never done anything wrong either-happy now?

When a guy has a track record in the NFL, why would anyone go back to look at his pre-draft summary?...especially to look for character issues...

It's done all the time on this & other message boards. I see scouting reports on most of the guys we sign posted somewhere. I always look at pre-draft reports on guys we sign, just to see what the scouts thought. Funny thing, I read Rob Johnson's college scouting reports 11 years ago & it said he had leadership flaws & held onto the ball too long & took too many sacks. Sometimes that data can give you insight, even years later. As I've said, I think if there's data about a new player, no matter what it is, that nobody else has posted, it is worth posting. Since it was a character issue, possibly due to stuff he wouldn't think of doing today, fine-but why does everyone feel that they would rather not know the stuff?

Then I guess you're not happy that he was suspended and had to do the community service & go to the awareness classes.

Why did he not protest the suspension & the other stuff if he was so innocent?

Really, I don't care what he did 5 years ago either-as long as he's grown up since then. The only thing to remember is that he or some innocent could have been killed that night if he was drinking & driving. That's something the drunks on this board still don't seem to understand.

I'm not going to say for sure that it's the case in this situation... But sometimes people facing legal action plead nolo contendere for relatively minor offenses in exchange for ultimately having any charges disappear. Sometimes it's easier to just "Dance for the Man" and have done with it than to have a cloud continuously hanging over you. With college classes and games (where it was maybe his most important year to perform in order to get to the NFL), why risk distractions like random court dates, having to pay an attorney, or the DA getting overly rambunctious or in a railroad state of mind (see: Nifong in the Duke case) to make you a example b/c you defy them... when you can go to a soft-touch class and do some community service over summer break and be done with it? Some people can do this, others fight doggedly to clear their name of any mark, and often make a bigger problem/scene that snowballs. Now, that the DA essentially dropped the charges, it kinda sounds like such a situation of dancing for the man. His taking a lie detector test also indicates that he wanted to prove to his teammates and everyone that racial slurs didn't happen; shows commitment to the team, his relationship with teammates to not have them see him differently b/c of what someone said he said, was his main priority. No other incidents seem to indicate he learned a lesson of avoiding putting himself in bad situations.

My whole point in posting the info to begin with was to state some data about the guy that I hadn't seen posted. If you don't want to know things about Bills players, why are you here to begin with? Maybe YOU have too much time on your hands if you have nothing better to do than criticize information about a new player because you don't want to hear that information. OK-Marshawn Lynch has never done anything wrong either-happy now?

This just in......In 4th grade he was caught pulling Susie Lightenbrights hair and was sent to the principal! Then, and sit down when you read this.......In 7th grade, he was given detention for skpping class and the rumor around the school was that he had taken a drag of a cigarette in the boys bathroom. Yes its all true! I am still looking into if he took a lie detector test on the cigarette....I will let you know what i find out!

[/b]

Then I guess you're not happy that he was suspended and had to do the community service & go to the awareness classes.

Why did he not protest the suspension & the other stuff if he was so innocent?

Really, I don't care what he did 5 years ago either-as long as he's grown up since then. The only thing to remember is that he or some innocent could have been killed that night if he was drinking & driving. That's something the drunks on this board still don't seem to understand.

It couldn't have been at the advice of his coach/parents/lawyers to basically shut up and learn from it, rather than drag it out? Just a thought. And yes drinking and driving is a terrible thing that takes WAAAYYYY too many innocent lives. But lets face it, I'm sure a lot of other players and posters here, have made stupid decisions fueled by youth and/or booze (or worse) and have matured since then. Have there been other instances of him making stupid, dare i say marshawn-like< decisions since then?

This just in......In 4th grade he was caught pulling Susie Lightenbrights hair and was sent to the principal! Then, and sit down when you read this.......In 7th grade, he was given detention for skpping class and the rumor around the school was that he had taken a drag of a cigarette in the boys bathroom. Yes its all true! I am still looking into if he took a lie detector test on the cigarette....I will let you know what i find out!

:oops: I heard he didn't get a good grade for "plays well with others" in Kindergarten. Can you say "thug"?