41. B Joppru TE Houston.........Inj

42. K Hamlin FS Seattle...........starter

43. P Tinoisamoa LB Rams......starter

44. T Jacobs WR Skins............back up

45. B Johnson WR Pats...........3rd receiver

46. D Florence CB Chargers....back up

47. K Mitchell LB Chiefs...........Inj

48. C Kelsay DE Bills..............starter

After looking at this list I see a number of good young players...i.e. Steinbach, Henderson, Barnett, Brayton, etc...however, after about 1 1/2 years in the league, I honestly don't see ANYONE on this list that I would rather have than Willis. AND we still got Kelsay in the 2nd round. My point is simply this...I for one am glad that TD rolled the dice on this kid...he looks like he could be the real deal!!

Comments and opinions would be much appreciated......

What I wanted to see happen was us trading up to get more of a premeir defensive end. The Eagles traded, I believe, a worse 2nd rounder (3rd?), to move up to 15 to get McDougle. I'm not really sure how he's doing, so maybe he wouldn't have been worth it in hindsight. But, I really thought that was the move to do that draft. Possibly, even trade up enough to get Suggs.

What I wanted to see happen was us trading up to get more of a premeir defensive end.  The Eagles traded, I believe, a worse 2nd rounder (3rd?), to move up to 15 to get McDougle.  I'm not really sure how he's doing, so maybe he wouldn't have been worth it in hindsight.  But, I really thought that was the move to do that draft.  Possibly, even trade up enough to get Suggs.

95274[/snapback]

McDougle has 6 tackles and 1 sack. Kelsay has 15 tackles and 1 sack. So instead of trading up, the Bills got McGahee and a DE that is playing a little better than McDougle.

Great post. The McGahee pick looks better each week. What your list shows as well is how a big a gamble every pick is in the draft. No player on that list is a player would absolutely need to have. Good picks by TD on McGahee and Kelsay.

24. D. Clark TE Indy................back up would start on the Bills

26. K. Harris OT 49ers..............starter and a good one

29. N Barnett LB Packers.........starter future pro bowler

33. E Steinbach OG Cinci.........starter would be our best lineman

35. C Tillman DB Bears............3rd string hurt, but is very very good

36. E Wilson CB Pats...............starter plays fs now

37. J Stinchcomb OT Saints......Inj will be back and is better than our #4 pick

39. R Mathis DB Jags..............starter will make pro bowl soon

42. K Hamlin FS Seattle...........starter another guy I wish we had

I would take any one of these players as a starter right now but I wouldn't trade Willis for one of them

The 2003 draft is looking better with McGee being a 4th rounder who has star written all over him...plus Sam Aiken is getting more playing time and Crowell and Haggan appear to be solid ST players...not a bad draft assuming Willis keeps producing!!

Dreamondan...you make an interesting point indirectly...since we don't have a 1st rounder next year...take a look at your list and that will be the kind of player we will have a chance at in 2005...it would be great to land next years Steinbach or Hamlin with our 2nd round pick...all we can do is hope!!!