41. B Joppru TE Houston.........Inj

42. K Hamlin FS Seattle...........starter

43. P Tinoisamoa LB Rams......starter

44. T Jacobs WR Skins............back up

45. B Johnson WR Pats...........3rd receiver

46. D Florence CB Chargers....back up

47. K Mitchell LB Chiefs...........Inj

48. C Kelsay DE Bills..............starter

After looking at this list I see a number of good young players...i.e. Steinbach, Henderson, Barnett, Brayton, etc...however, after about 1 1/2 years in the league, I honestly don't see ANYONE on this list that I would rather have than Willis. AND we still got Kelsay in the 2nd round.  My point is simply this...I for one am glad that TD rolled the dice on this kid...he looks like he could be the real deal!!

Comments and opinions would be much appreciated......

95114[/snapback]

The jury is still out on a lot of these guys. RB is possibly the easiest position for a player to make an impact, quickest. That is not taking anything away from McGahee, just trying to point out that just because, 18 games into his NFL carreer, McGahee has had a couple of pretty good games running the ball, that doesn't mean that 3 or 4 years from now we might not have been better off drafting an OL (a position we have needed an upgrade in, desperately for the better part of 7 or 8 years), when we already had a 1300 yard rusher, Pro Bowler on our team. Maybe upgrading the O-line would have not only helped Henry, but the passing game as well. Steinbach would look pretty good in an ugly Bills uniform too...

To say that we got McGahee for P.Price is true, to a degree, and maybe that is a good deal. TD did an amazing job of getting a 1st rounder out of that situation. But let me ask you this, say your house needed a new roof, but you didn't have the money to pay for it. The thing is leaking everywhere, runining your carpet, your furniture, your foundation. You go to the local 7-11, win $1000 in the lottery. Wouldn't try to fix your roof with that money. Or would you go out and buy a bigger television?

Again, I love the way McGahee has played, and what he has done the last few weeks. If he turns out to be the next Marshall Faulk, great! I still say it was a pick that was kind of an unnecessary gamble, for a team that can't really afford to be taking any more chances than the NFL draft already presents.