BILLS OFFERING MORE $ FOR COLES...(speculation)

I don't see how they only view Coles as a #2 receiver when he's been the Jets' #1 for years.

At this point, i think hes nothing more than a 70-80 catch 800-900 yard receiver. (which is just what we need)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's been a smokescreen, to drive up the price...maybe helped along by Cole's agent. I think Coles helps improve the Bills' WR situation. But, I have a feeling, if the Bills sniff this guy is playing them, or sense attitude, they'll bail (bale?) say "screw it".

If Coles gets signed, shows up happy and ready to work, it will be a good pickup, IMO.

I think the Bills are going to sign Coles this afternoon. Pennington reportedly hasn't at all lobbied the coaches or Parcells about getting him (not that he doesn't want him, he says he just doesn't do that on principle for some reason). I think Coles would be very happy to play alongside Evans and Reed, with a QB like Edwards who loves to throw 10-20 yard passes. That's ideal for Coles. If he plays on the Dolphins, chances are he's going to get double teamed all the time.

That sounds like the biggest load of sh-t i've heard in a while.

It is true. The NFL players and coaches are charged different state taxes because they worked in that State for the income. If the game is played in CA, CA gets taxes on each players and coaches earnings. I work in the banking industry and have done a few mortgage loans for some. The taxes that come out of these checks is unreal. You hear about the huge salaries these guys make but to see it on a paystub is pretty amazing.

But to play a lot more games in FL and take advantage of this no tax thing is HUGE, so it is still a selling point. Plus the weather, women, and the night life sells it self as well.

I think the Bills are going to sign Coles this afternoon. Pennington reportedly hasn't at all lobbied the coaches or Parcells about getting him (not that he doesn't want him, he says he just doesn't do that on principle for some reason). I think Coles would be very happy to play alongside Evans and Reed, with a QB like Edwards who loves to throw 10-20 yard passes. That's ideal for Coles. If he plays on the Dolphins, chances are he's going to get double teamed all the time.

Sounds good. I'll be pretty happy with that signing.

this would be great

Miami....No income tax in Florida. An $800,000 house is now a $480,000 house a mile from the training complex. 75 and sunny.

Buffalo...10% to the state. A $500,000 house is now a $500,000 house a mile from the stadium. 21 and sunny.

Our only hope is that Coles' uncle lives in Miami.

COLES LIVES 2 DOORS DOWN FROM ME HERE IN JAX...HIS HOUSE IS HUGE AND HE HAS 8 ATV'S

COLES LIVES 2 DOORS DOWN FROM ME HERE IN JAX...HIS HOUSE IS HUGE AND HE HAS 8 ATV'S

DO YOU EVER ASK HIM TO BORROW A CUP OF SUGAR? EVEN THOUGH THAT WOULD BE WEIRD, BECAUSE WHO WOULD WANT USED SUGAR BACK? ITS LIKE IN SCHOOL WHEN SOMEONE ASKS TO BORROW A SHEET OF PAPER EVEN THOUGH THEY ACTUALLY MEAN HAVE IT.

DO YOU EVER ASK HIM TO BORROW A CUP OF SUGAR? EVEN THOUGH THAT WOULD BE WEIRD, BECAUSE WHO WOULD WANT USED SUGAR BACK? ITS LIKE IN SCHOOL WHEN SOMEONE ASKS TO BORROW A SHEET OF PAPER EVEN THOUGH THEY ACTUALLY MEAN HAVE IT.

If he signs with the bills im gonna stick a BILLS flag in the driveway

I understand that. First, I was saying that since NY has some of the highest tax rates in the country, at least for 9 games they'll get a cheaper rate than Buffalo. In some of those games, they wont have to pay double income tax .

Secondly, I was trying to prove that they still have to pay taxes where they play. Two or three people thought that was the craziest idea in the world (I thought the same when I heard it) but it's true.

EDIT: and from what I'm told, if you have a good accountant they can get deductions for the state income tax if they had paid it in another state.

Well you're right. It's not the biggest stumbling block by any means. Just another factor.

So I hear Miami isn't interested? That should lower our asking price. Offer him 3 years at $9 with three million guaranteed. Take it or leave it. Not our fault you left $6M in guaranteed money at the Jets. If you don't like it we'll let the remaining guys compete.

By the way, anyone figure out how this will play out if he signs?? We can't possibly carry 7 WR's. Who's the odd man out? That's why I liked the idea of bringing Kelley Washington in - he could play specials and had more upside at WR than Justin Jenkins. If Coles signs we've got him, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Jenkins, S. Johnson, and Hardy. They won't cut a 2nd round pick after one season, Evans is here to stay, Reed established himself last year as a go-to guy, Parrish has great value in the return game, S. Johnson showed promise, and Jenkins just got re-signed to play specials. Coles doesn't play specials, and you can't ask any of the other WR's (except maybe S. Johnson) to play kick-off coverage. Thoughts?

So I hear Miami isn't interested? That should lower our asking price. Offer him 3 years at $9 with three million guaranteed. Take it or leave it. Not our fault you left $6M in guaranteed money at the Jets. If you don't like it we'll let the remaining guys compete.

By the way, anyone figure out how this will play out if he signs?? We can't possibly carry 7 WR's. Who's the odd man out? That's why I liked the idea of bringing Kelley Washington in - he could play specials and had more upside at WR than Justin Jenkins. If Coles signs we've got him, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Jenkins, S. Johnson, and Hardy. They won't cut a 2nd round pick after one season, Evans is here to stay, Reed established himself last year as a go-to guy, Parrish has great value in the return game, S. Johnson showed promise, and Jenkins just got re-signed to play specials. Coles doesn't play specials, and you can't ask any of the other WR's (except maybe S. Johnson) to play kick-off coverage. Thoughts?

Jenkins isn't a WR...he's here for ST. But, if they need to slice, it might be him. Signing Coles frees up the opportunity to trade Parrish, should they find a good deal. But, since Hardy is likely to not be ready for the start of the season, I think they simply keep 6 WR and Jenkins for ST.

EDIT: By the way, there is a LOT of talk about this, in various threads. Take a look around, and you might find what you are looking for.

Yeah, I agree that he would give us a boost, I just don't think he would make an extreme impact. He'd probably be good for 250-300 more yards than Reed if he has a good season.

I think the difference is in the # of TDs that Coles will catch...He had SEVEN with Brett Favre Amidst a disgruntled relationship. Josh Reed had exactly ONE TD for the season....