Fred Taylor...

cantankerous

I had a feeling it would go this way.

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

The Buffalo Bills didn't stand a chance.

There was no way Fred Taylor could resist the New England Patriots.

After visiting with both teams, Taylor chose to join the Patriots because, well, they're the Patriots and the Bills aren't.

"The visit in Buffalo went real well, but the Patriots just felt like the place to be," Taylor said Friday night on a conference call from his home in South Florida. "After talking to Coach Belichick and looking at everything, the caliber of players they have, pretty much it was a no-brainer. Who wouldn't want to play there in New England?"

Taylor then rattled off a list of people he'll huddle with. Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Laurence Maroney ... He praised the Patriots defense because "they get you the ball back."

"When you weigh all those options, to me, it's a no-brainer," Taylor said. "They got the deal done quick. They said they would. That's why they're a first-class organization that knows how to win. That's why it was easy to choose."

Taylor also called Buffalo a "first-class organization," but obviously a few seats behind the front row.

New England has an impressive track record of bringing in older backs and receiving quality mileage. They've done well with Corey Dillon, Antowain Smith and Sammy Morris.

Taylor, who turned 33 in January, has rushed for 11,271 yards and 62 touchdowns. He had one of his least-productive seasons last year with 556 yards and one touchdown.

He joins a backfield that already has Maroney, Morris, Kevin Faulk and Benjarvus Green-Ellis.

Taylor, who split carries with Maurice Jones-Drew in Jacksonville, said he's used to sharing.

"I fit in well with all of my teammates, college, high school and in the NFL for 11 years in Jacksonville," Taylor said. "My mom had five kids, and I'm the oldest. So I had to learn how to share with my siblings just like the guys I've played with. We always work well, no matter what. It'll be the same way in New England."

Taylor claimed the Patriots didn't discuss any envisioned roles with him.

"No one has said anything," Taylor said. "What I can tell you is I anticipate just coming in and competing. I'll try to make the guys at my position better. They'll try to make me better. I'll bring a positive energy in and do whatever I can to help the team win."

Link http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-138...o-brainer-.html

who honestly cares? I mean the guy is going to be 33 years old, didn't even rush for 600 yards, he was put on IR at the end of the year, I don't see Fred Taylor finishing the year with the patriots, he'd be out by the time it starts getting really cold out in NE, He would've gone through the same, if he chose buffalo also.

The way this team has been run, we're lucky players will even visit. Taylor would have to be an idiot to spend the twilight of his career with this franchise when a team like New England was interested.

True that!

I had a feeling it would go this way.

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

The Buffalo Bills didn't stand a chance.

There was no way Fred Taylor could resist the New England Patriots.

After visiting with both teams, Taylor chose to join the Patriots because, well, they're the Patriots and the Bills aren't.

"The visit in Buffalo went real well, but the Patriots just felt like the place to be," Taylor said Friday night on a conference call from his home in South Florida. "After talking to Coach Belichick and looking at everything, the caliber of players they have, pretty much it was a no-brainer. Who wouldn't want to play there in New England?"

Taylor then rattled off a list of people he'll huddle with. Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Laurence Maroney ... He praised the Patriots defense because "they get you the ball back."

"When you weigh all those options, to me, it's a no-brainer," Taylor said. "They got the deal done quick. They said they would. That's why they're a first-class organization that knows how to win. That's why it was easy to choose."

Taylor also called Buffalo a "first-class organization," but obviously a few seats behind the front row.

New England has an impressive track record of bringing in older backs and receiving quality mileage. They've done well with Corey Dillon, Antowain Smith and Sammy Morris.

Taylor, who turned 33 in January, has rushed for 11,271 yards and 62 touchdowns. He had one of his least-productive seasons last year with 556 yards and one touchdown.

He joins a backfield that already has Maroney, Morris, Kevin Faulk and Benjarvus Green-Ellis.

Taylor, who split carries with Maurice Jones-Drew in Jacksonville, said he's used to sharing.

"I fit in well with all of my teammates, college, high school and in the NFL for 11 years in Jacksonville," Taylor said. "My mom had five kids, and I'm the oldest. So I had to learn how to share with my siblings just like the guys I've played with. We always work well, no matter what. It'll be the same way in New England."

Taylor claimed the Patriots didn't discuss any envisioned roles with him.

"No one has said anything," Taylor said. "What I can tell you is I anticipate just coming in and competing. I'll try to make the guys at my position better. They'll try to make me better. I'll bring a positive energy in and do whatever I can to help the team win."

Link http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-138...o-brainer-.html

perfect fit for Taylor...Bills are a minor league franchise

I have no problem with anything Fred Taylor said. He's a classy player. His answers to the questions were classy. He did not make any disparaging remarks about Buffalo. People here are very sensitive.

Exactly, Is there anything he said that could be considered untrue, or hurtful? We all know that the pats and the Bills are on 2 different levels at the moment. The Patshave been the top team in the league foralmost the last decade, and are almost a guarantee to make it to the Super Bowl every year. Why wouldn't a player at his age want to go there? The Bills are still a ways away, and they already have a 1a and 1b RB's, he who he won'tbe beating out for a starting spot, so he will not have a huge role on the team.

He didn't have anything bad to say about the team exceptthat they aren't the Patriots, something I don't think is a well kept secret in this world, and not many teams are the Patriots