Should we be Talking to Ray Lewis?

H2o

They say that there isn't too much of a market for him around the league. You have Baltimore and the NY Jets basically. They say that Dallas hasn't even made a call to him since FA began. I know we have Poz as a MLB. But what if we brought in Ray on a 2 or 3 year deal, moved Posluszny to the other OLB spot, and let him(Poz) learn from arguably the greatest LB to play the MLB position. I don't think it could hurt. Would he even consider Buffalo? I don't know, but I think it would be worth a shot.

They say that there isn't too much of a market for him around the league. You have Baltimore and the NY Jets basically. They say that Dallas hasn't even made a call to him since FA began. I know we have Poz as a MLB. But what if we brought in Ray on a 2 or 3 year deal, moved Posluszny to the other OLB spot and let him learn from arguably the greatest LB to play the MLB position. I don't think it could hurt. Would he even consider Buffalo? I don't know, but I think it would be worth a shot.

Ray Lewis would chew up and spit out half this team for breakfast

I've thought about this. Seriously, why not? Just throw too much money his way, sell him on the idea that we've been losers for 9 years and we're turning to him to change the attitude of the team. Maybe it wouldn't be the best football decision in the long run, but at this point, who cares? If he ends up flaming out, it will just as likely happen to the next guy we sign. I am all for it. But I know that our front office is going to play dumb.

This would be among the best moves the Bills could make this offseason. We need a defensive identity and leader. Even at his age, he is better than anything we have at LB right now. Just the attitude he'd bring to our team is more than enough reason.

He is the leader of one of the most fierce defenses in history. Wine em, dine em, sign em.

I thought that saying had a different ending. :doh:

But yeah, I would be all for seeing Ray Lewis here. This team is short on linebackers and the obvious value of RL would be his leadership. The Bills desperately need a hungry vocal leader on this team.

I would imagine that Lewis would be looking to sign with a solid contender though.

Can you guys imagine Ray Lew coming out and doing his little dance before every Bills home game? I think it would be pretty sweet. Our crowd would go nuts. I hope our "My Circle" has the brains to actually make an attempt atleast.

If there's any chance that he could kill Dick Jauron in the future, then I'm all for it. Especially if he can beat the murder charges a second time..

In all seriousness, why wouldnt you want the guy. In his short stint here, can you imagine how he would transform the players around him? Their play, attitude, ect?

Can you guys imagine Ray Lew coming out and doing his little dance before every Bills home game? I think it would be pretty sweet. Our crowd would go nuts. I hope our "My Circle" has the brains to actually make an attempt atleast.

I doubt it, we usually sit around while everyone else in the division makes moves. We wait and pick up the scrubs later.

If there's any chance that he could kill Dick Jauron in the future, then I'm all for it. Especially if he can beat the murder charges a second time..

I overlooked that...

Think what our 75th anniverary team could look like...

OJ

Travis Henry

Ray Lewis

Possibly Lynch

All ne need to do is draft a Dahmer, Bundy and a Manson

:doh:

Ray Lewis is a great player who is getting old. But he is still an incredible motivator and leader. But I think the team wants Poz to grow into the defense's signal caller and on-field leader, so they won't give Ray another look.

I just don't like bringing in players that are on the decline. It is one thing that if they are just coming out of their peak of their careers, it's another when they are well into the decent off of their peaks.

At this point last year, what would you have said about bringing in Kurt Warner?