OL Hangartner to visit Bills Friday

buffalo1983

You got to remember the panthers have alot better players around him than the Bills on the OL.

Don't get me wrong I am not excited about the prospect of him starting for us. IMHO though, he is an upgrade over Preston and Fowler, which isn't saying much. He is a significant upgrade over Whittle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong I am not excited about the prospect of him starting for us. IMHO though, he is an upgrade over Preston and Fowler, which isn't saying much. He is a significant upgrade over Whittle.

scout, inc has him ranked lower than both fowler and preston, for what its worth

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939196

Bears just signed another Panthers backup, Frank Omiyale, to a 4 year 14 mil deal. Yeah, he's a OT and he'll get more money than Hangartner, but Hangarter's played more games over his career and I wouldn't be surprised if his agent tried to push a contract like this with similar years and maybe a little less money.

We'll see.

I know it's just a generalization, but I can't help but thinking of Tutan Reyes when I hear that we are interested in an average, versatile OL from Carolina

This link from a earlier thread:

" Although Hangartner is viewed as a reserve, he has plenty of starting experience. He started eight games last year for the Panthers at center and guard due to injuries."

:doh:

Do you realize that statement is wrong?

Florio threw the Bills' name into a PFT article...nothing concrete to be sure, but its not as if we're just making this stuff up ourselves, champ.

:D ... Whatever you say.

Brown is not on our radar unless his price significantly drops, but you can keep having your wet dreams.

:w00t: ... Whatever you say.

Brown is not on our radar unless his price significantly drops, but you can keep having your wet dreams.

I agree now, there's been no further word about it. But most of the posts you were talking about came mere hours after Florio mentioned that the Bills were expected to be in the running.

You kinda have to smile when the Bills priority target is a guy that is dead last on the list.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=16&pid=9

It is early but here's a little trend that I see. Bills let JP go via FA and he was rated the 8th best FA QB. Bills sign Fitzpatrick 20th best FA QB. Fowler and Preston are rated bettter centers than Hangartner. I thought there was no way but up for this team! :w00t: