Track The FA Signings Here.

Steely Dan

DeAngelo Hall's deal could make a lot of people a lot of money. A guy like Greer has to be thinking, "I'm just as good as he is."

Greer may be thinking that, but I doubt he gets an $8 million a year offer. I've been saying this for weeks, that he's not mentioned in the same breath as the rest of these guys. He was a good player for the Bills over the last couple of seasons showing solid improvement in his game, but he's not sought after like all of these other CB's that have been franchised or signed already. I like him as a player, but he's not worth the big money deal that some of these other guys are getting. The most I can see him being offered is a 5-year $30-$32 million dollar deal with about $12-$14million guaranteed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to KC Mr. Pioli you're making a great start!!!

Brian Waters-G- Chiefs Feb. 27 - 1:17 am et

Chiefs LG Brian Waters has reportedly asked the organization to release or trade him this offseason.

Waters reportedly had a sit-down with head coach Todd Haley recently after being told GM Scott Pioli would not meet with him one-on-one. A four-time Pro Bowler and two-time All Pro, Waters was "shocked by the arrogance" of the Chiefs' new regime, which told him his demand would not be honored.

Source: Kansas City Star

Scott Pioli.........READ STEELY DAN'S AVATAR!!!!!

I'm no GM but let the guy come to your office and tell him that you really need him on the team and that you forsee great things from this team and massage his ego. Now as soon as this guys contract is over he's gone like a lightning bolt.

Jonathan Vilma-LB- Saints Feb. 27 - 1:21 am et

The Bucs are reportedly working to set up a free agent visit with LB Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma would be viewed as a weak-side linebacker in Tampa Bay and the heir to Derrick Brooks. The Saints, however, are feverishly working to lock him up.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

Related: Buccaneers

Bryant Johnson In Demand?

Friday, February 27, 2009

Posted By Mike Florio 1:20 AM

One player who is unexpectedly drawing some early interest in free agency is receiver Bryant Johnson.

Johnson signed with the 49ers last year after his rookie contract with the Cardinals expired. The Niners didn't make a run at re-signing Johnson, who caught 45 passes for 546 yards last season.

We're told that multiple teams are interested, but no specific teams have been identified yet.

Reportedly 6 teams calling Haynesworth talking about $30-$40 million in guaranteed money. Whoooo. I wonder if the Bills are one of them. Clayton says that none of them are the Titans. Bucs, Skins, Lions, and I don't know who the other 3 are. God knows, I hope we're one of them. :D

Bryant Johnson In Demand?

Friday, February 27, 2009

Posted By Mike Florio 1:20 AM

One player who is unexpectedly drawing some early interest in free agency is receiver Bryant Johnson.

Johnson signed with the 49ers last year after his rookie contract with the Cardinals expired. The Niners didn't make a run at re-signing Johnson, who caught 45 passes for 546 yards last season.

We're told that multiple teams are interested, but no specific teams have been identified yet.

Weren't the Bills pretty hot on Johnson last offseason?

Well it looks like he's :D ed.

Brian Waters Guard 1/31/2006: Signed a six-year, $26.5 million contract. The deal included an initial $4 million roster bonus and a $2.5 million roster bonus in the third year. 2009: $3.6 million, 2010: $2.9 million, 2011: $3.9 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charge: $5.1 million (2009).

Reportedly 6 teams calling Haynesworth talking about $30-$40 million in guaranteed money. Whoooo. I wonder if the Bills are one of them. Clayton says that none of them are the Titans. Bucs, Skins, Lions, and I don't know who the other 3 are. God knows, I hope we're one of them. :D

The Jets?

T.J. Houshmandzadeh-WR- Bengals Feb. 27 - 1:24 am et

Appearing on ESPN early Friday, free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh named the Giants, Seahawks, Eagles, and Vikings as teams he'd be interested in playing for.

Houshmandzadeh singled out Minnesota, noting the single teams he'd see with Adrian Peterson in the backfield. He'd supplant Sidney Rice as a starter.

Bart Scott-LB- Ravens Feb. 27 - 1:28 am et

In addition to G/C Jason Brown, the Rams have scheduled a free agent visit with LB Bart Scott.

Scott would play MIKE linebacker in St. Louis and allow the Rams to kick Will Witherspoon to the weak side, which is considered his strongest position. The Rams aren't overflowing with salary cap space, but can offer Scott a more glorified role than he ever played in Baltimore.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh-WR- Bengals Feb. 27 - 1:24 am et

Appearing on ESPN early Friday, free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh named the Giants, Seahawks, Eagles, and Vikings as teams he'd be interested in playing for.

Houshmandzadeh singled out Minnesota, noting the single teams he'd see with Adrian Peterson in the backfield. He'd supplant Sidney Rice as a starter.

If they add Housh, I can see them making a serious run for Warner.

Been wrong many times before but I just don't see the Jets (or the Redskins). They are two of the most capped out teams. Just hard to see it. Plus the Jets have big money tied up in Kris Jenkins and they play a 3-4. Doesn't make sense.

Oh yeah... forgot about Jenkins. It just seems like they are trying to clear a lot of cap space for something... with a DC as their new head coach, I was just thinking it would make sense... maybe they want to sign Warner to take Favres' place! :D