Where will Losman land?

BLZFAN4LIFE

I don't see any team bringing in Losman to compete for the starting role. No matter where he goes, I think he will have to struggle to nail down the #2 spot. So let's have you're top two predictions for which team's clipboard Losman will be carrying next season.

Also, if you're so inclined, does he get signed quickly or does it turn into a situation where he waits for a training camp/preseason injury to create an opening?

My two choices:

1. Kansas City.

2. Minnesota.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure and I know I'm not going out on a limb by saying this, but I don't see Losman even being in the league after the 2009 season.

Okay serious answer.

He'll be in the league for a while. He has very little field sense, and a pretty much one dimensional game. But he has enough pure physical skill that he'll probably last at least another 5 seasons, barring major injury. He likely will at some point get one more chance to start someowhere, but in good old JP fashion not do well, and will not last a season as the starter. Career backup as he seems to do well out of the bullpen.

Okay serious answer.

He'll be in the league for a while. He has very little field sense, and a pretty much one dimensional game. But he has enough pure physical skill that he'll probably last at least another 5 seasons, barring major injury. He likely will at some point get one more chance to start someowhere, but in good old JP fashion not do well, and will not last a season as the starter. Career backup as he seems to do well out of the bullpen.

Regardless of how he performed here, having the first round draft pick on his resume will buy Losman a few more years in the league. Guys like him have a tendency to kick around the league earning a check.

I think people should stop ripping on him for his community service to Buffalo. The guy isn't a very good football player but he's a real stand up guy. People need to learn and separate the two. :lol:

With the other QB's available on the FA market this year, I forget them all, he'll have a difficult chance of landing a starting role. JMO. If someone can figure out the one system he can thrive in he could be a solid starter. IMO, we'll never see him in the Pro Bowl but he could be a Trent Dilfer like QB on a Super Bowl team.

I don't see any team bringing in Losman to compete for the starting role. No matter where he goes, I think he will have to struggle to nail down the #2 spot. So let's have you're top two predictions for which team's clipboard Losman will be carrying next season.

Also, if you're so inclined, does he get signed quickly or does it turn into a situation where he waits for a training camp/preseason injury to create an opening?

My two choices:

1. Kansas City.

2. Minnesota.

I understand a majority here dont like him because hes a gunslinging QB whos alwasy looking for the big play. He can be a quality starter in this leaugue in the right system. Buffalo didnt have the right system for him since we are looking for a dink and dunk QB/ a game manager so to speak. Jp wants to make plays either with his arm or his feet. He has improved he just needs more improvement in how to hold the ball in pressure situations. Minnesota seems like a likely spot since they were mentioned as trade parteners last season. The jets could also be a good spot for him as well since they too like the gunslinger.

I will go out on a limb here and say this is the one QB we are losing that will comeback and kick us in the butt.

I understand a majority here dont like him because hes a gunslinging QB whos alwasy looking for the big play. He can be a quality starter in this leaugue in the right system. Buffalo didnt have the right system for him since we are looking for a dink and dunk QB/ a game manager so to speak. Jp wants to make plays either with his arm or his feet. He has improved he just needs more improvement in how to hold the ball in pressure situations. Minnesota seems like a likely spot since they were mentioned as trade parteners last season. The jets could also be a good spot for him as well since they too like the gunslinger.

I will go out on a limb here and say this is the one QB we are losing that will comeback and kick us in the butt.

Losman's flaw lies between his ears. The only way he haunts us is if brain transplant technology takes a quantum leap.

Can you stop calling him a gunslinger? Anybody that throws for under 200 yards in 26 of his 34 starts(8 of those 26 starts he actually threw for under 100yrds) is no gunslinger. He is a gunslinger only in his own mind & about 10 delusional posters on TBD. :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Just glad he's gone. He held this team back for the past decade. Like the Patriots proved last year, the only thing important to winning in this league is having an experienced superstar QB. :thumbsup:

I do not know if your being sarcastic or not & if your not I apologize but your point is well taken. The Patriots went 18-1 with Tom Brady at the helm in 07 coming 1 minute short of being crowned the best team in history to 11-5 & MISSING THE PLAYOFFS with a non experienced playoff qb in 08.

I heard there is a Mcdonalds in a bad part of town that needs a new employee since one got shot.

Since he is a west coast guy, I would say British Columbia.

The obligatory McDonald's joke.

As to the second one, it's funny and actually if J.P. wanted to continue playing football...

Anyways, about 12.5 hours till free agency so why are we talking about where J.P. will land?

It always devolves into a pissing match between the J.P. and Trent Edwards factions. Then those defending one or the other blame Jauron/Schonert for whatever.

Seems like a good day to put this tired routine away for a little while.