Predict the Bills targets

Nostradumbass

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone actually know how much the Bills plan to spend (or at least could spend) this year in FA according to their cash to cap policy? I've been on vacation for the better part of this month so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

What would make me happiest would be to resign Freddy Jackson to a reaosnable deal for him and for the Bills.

What is the fascination with this guy? I know you have all heard of him and get all excited, but please face facts. There is wide agreement that Brooks has lost much of his speed and range that made him a nasty cover 2 LB. He ain't the guy from 2002. Get over it. If the Bills target this fossil, things are much worse at OBD than I previously thought.

Brooks has lost a step, but he is major upgrade over Ellison and is better than Crowell. They can also get him at a bargin. Do you have a better solution for OLB. These types of moves are a major reason why the patriots won all those Super bowls. Don't overpay and fill holes with good veterans.

Move Preston to guard and go after MACK in the draft or some one like Saturday in FA

Preston was horrible as a guard. That's why he was moved to center, where he was not much better. Depending on FA and the draft, he could be cut also.

What is the fascination with this guy? I know you have all heard of him and get all excited, but please face facts. There is wide agreement that Brooks has lost much of his speed and range that made him a nasty cover 2 LB. He ain't the guy from 2002. Get over it. If the Bills target this fossil, things are much worse at OBD than I previously thought.

While I do agree that Brooks is a bit long in the tooth;

1. IMHO is is a significant upgrade to what we have.

2. Because his career is on the down swing we should get him on the cheap.

3. He'd be a great "mentor" for a year or two should we pick up a "future" OLB in the draft.

Brooks has lost a step, but he is major upgrade over Ellison and is better than Crowell. They can also get him at a bargin. Do you have a better solution for OLB. These types of moves are a major reason why the patriots won all those Super bowls. Don't overpay and fill holes with good veterans.

While I do agree that Brooks is a bit long in the tooth;

1. IMHO is is a significant upgrade to what we have.

2. Because his career is on the down swing we should get him on the cheap.

3. He'd be a great "mentor" for a year or two should we pick up a "future" OLB in the draft.

So you guys have been in communication with Jeff Littman and Brooks' agent as to how much it'll cost to sign him?

Or are you assuming a 14 year veteran with lots of wear and tear on his body wants to come play in the cold for the veteran minimum?

So you guys have been in communication with Jeff Littman and Brooks' agent as to how much it'll cost to sign him?

Or are you assuming a 14 year veteran with lots of wear and tear on his body wants to come play in the cold for the veteran minimum?

No need to be a jerk ...

But bottom line is he IS a 14 year vet with lots of wear and tear on his body ...... if he or his agent thinks he is going to get a blockbuster deal to play in an ideal situation ....... well then more power to them.

At this point in his career it's not about what situation he wants to play under ...... or what weather he wants to play in .... or even what team he wants to choose ...... its about does he want to continue playing and what team will take him.

Once again in my opinion I think he could help the Bills (short term) ....... I think the Bills should offer him an offer equal to his potenial benifit to the team ....... therefore I think he should be a target this free agency period.

Maybe they are thinking the leadership angle. Unfortunately, bringing in a leader from another team does not translate into having a leader in your own clubhouse. Leadership isn't as simple as flipping a light switch and suddenly it is there.

God I hope that isn't their thinking, exactly for the reasons you stated. Character, Leadership, all those other "qualities" - I'll pass. Give me 22 angry mean guys that curse at reporters and slap their women, as long as they can play. Character is an unnecessary luxury in football.

He's not good anymore that's my point. How many Bucs games did you watch last year? One? None? Well I watched almost every one - he cannot run anymore, his legs are shot. He's not an upgrade over anyone, even Ellison. BTW, ellison wouldn't start over DiGeorgio anyway.