Steven Page leaving Barenaked Ladies

Just Jack

After the split, how can either BNL or Page be as popular?

Using the old chestnut "by mutual agreement," singer Steven Page and the rest of his former band mates in Canadian super pop group Barenaked Ladies announced on the BNL web site that they're breaking up.

Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, Ed Robertson and Tyler Stewart will continue on as Barenaked Ladies while Page will pursue other things, including theatrical productions.

It's likely that this split has been in the cards since Page's well-publicized arrest for cocaine possession in Manlius in July.

BNL definitely jumped the shark when that damn song one week. Their first two CD's Gordon and Maybe you Should Drive was their pinnacle. I remember seeing them at the old Icon downtown in the early 90's. Good times. They put out a children's album this year that my four year old loves. They should just stick to that genre at this point.

One down...four more to go. Can't happen soon enough.

I'll be the first to admit, I like(d) some crappy bands, but I have to agree with you on this one Matty.

hell..i've left a few barenaked ladies in my day. No big deal.

Aaaaaaaaaand we have a winner! :lol:

After the split, how can either BNL or Page be as popular?

Using the old chestnut "by mutual agreement," singer Steven Page and the rest of his former band mates in Canadian super pop group Barenaked Ladies announced on the BNL web site that they're breaking up.

Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, Ed Robertson and Tyler Stewart will continue on as Barenaked Ladies while Page will pursue other things, including theatrical productions.

It's likely that this split has been in the cards since Page's well-publicized arrest for cocaine possession in Manlius in July.

Well, that sucks. Roger Hodgson left Supertramp at the height of their popularity and became a one hit wonder, he quickly realized his mistake and went back to the band and they've been struggling ever since. :lol:

One down...four more to go. Can't happen soon enough.

Bonehead!! :lol:

BNL definitely jumped the shark when that damn song one week. Their first two CD's Gordon and Maybe you Should Drive was their pinnacle. I remember seeing them at the old Icon downtown in the early 90's. Good times. They put out a children's album this year that my four year old loves. They should just stick to that genre at this point.

I love "One Week" it's been beaten to death but it's still a good song. "Pinch Me" is a great song too.

I love "One Week" it's been beaten to death but it's still a good song. "Pinch Me" is a great song too.

"If I Had $1000000" is still their best song. The final line of that song was my first sig line on this board six and a half years ago (God, has it really been that long? I need to go outside and get a life).

I think that the breakup of the band is near. Everything to Everyone was not a good album and Barenaked Ladies are Me(n) didn't do hardly anything on the charts.

Sad to say, but I think BNL's best days are behind them. :w00t:

A side note: years ago, when my brother still lived at home, he told my mother he was going to a Barenaked Ladies show. Mom thought he was going to a strip club, and got upset. I had to explain to Mom that BNL was a rock band. :thumbsup::lol:

"If I Had $1000000" is still their best song. The final line of that song was my first sig line on this board six and a half years ago (God, has it really been that long? I need to go outside and get a life).

I think that the breakup of the band is near. Everything to Everyone was not a good album and Barenaked Ladies are Me(n) didn't do hardly anything on the charts.

Sad to say, but I think BNL's best days are behind them. :w00t:

A side note: years ago, when my brother still lived at home, he told my mother he was going to a Barenaked Ladies show. Mom thought he was going to a strip club, and got upset. I had to explain to Mom that BNL was a rock band. :thumbsup::lol:

The acoustic version of Brian Wilson IMO is their best by far. I really don't care for much else they make. BNL and Nickleback can somehow make their music sound Canadian.

Agreed, easily my favorite song by them as well. And like yourself, there aren't many, if any, more.

I vote for "Bank Job" Barenaked Ladies are Me as my favorite. Not popular, but a GREAT song.

Their Barenaked for the Holidays disc is excellent as well. SnowMan is my favorite on it. It literally chokes me up each time I hear it.

As for other good songs being few and far between. I guess that's true if you only count radio hits, but I could list MANY really good songs....just off the top of my head.

Bull in a China Shop

Jane

Its all Been Done

Blame it on Me

and again from the Holiday disc

Green Christmas and Elf's Lament