BillsNYC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots lost for the following reasons:

1. Steelers are very tough at home.

2. Corey Dillion and Ty Law were out with an injury.

3. Kevin Faulk was playing hurt.

4. Belechick failed to rattle Big Ben with his defense.

5. Big Ben is one hell of a great QB and may be another Dan Marino.

6. Steelers defense played way better than they have been. Inspired play by players when they don't have a losing attitude.

7. Patriots were due for a loss, did anybody think that they were going 16-0.

Patriots got two tough road games with St. Louis and KC coming up with a cupcake game between those two. This should tell us what kind of team NE has this year.

Patriots lost for the following reasons:

blah, blah, blah,

Patriots got two tough road games with St. Louis and KC coming up with a cupcake game between those two.  This should tell us what kind of team NE has this year.

94524[/snapback]

A true Pats fan is T-Bone, he had his excuses ready for explaining the loss, then throws in a jab at the Bills for good measure. ;)

Pats lost because of injuries to Law and Dillon.

Prior to Law going out the Steelers went 3 and out on both possessions. And, without Dillon around, the Pats became 1 dimensional, which played perfcetly into Pitt's blitz package on defense.

Should these two teams meet up again and if Law and Dillon play, the results are reversed.

Fuggin jerk!  Hey T-bone :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: you Zima swilling pile of stojan.

94534[/snapback]

Compared to what some of the "true blue" Bills fans have been saying about their team, calling them a cupcake is downright complementary.

For example, go read Ice's post in the thread he just started.

A true Pats fan is T-Bone, he had his excuses ready for explaining the loss, then throws in a jab at the Bills for good measure.  ;)

94575[/snapback]

Jack what you call excuses, I call reasons based on my analysis of the game.

And when I saw all those posts rejoicing after the Patriot's loss and not many posts about the Bills win, I felt my comments were called for.

Pats lost because of injuries to Law and Dillon.

Prior to Law going out the Steelers went 3 and out on both possessions.  And, without Dillon around, the Pats became 1 dimensional, which played perfcetly into Pitt's blitz package on defense.

Should these two teams meet up again and if Law and Dillon play, the results are reversed.

94590[/snapback]

What a joke - when other fans bring up reasons why their team didn't win or why the Patriots shouldn't have the Patriot fan is always the first to jump in on how 'jealous' everyone is and how good teams overcome adversity etc. etc.

I thought the Patriots were a dynasty? I thought their whole organization was bursting with talent from top to bottom? I thought their coach was a genius who brilliantly overcomes any kind of injuries or personnel issues? Where was your genius coach yesterday?

Two players injured!!?? - Wow! - you may not win another game - and no one could fault you for it - not with two players injured! ;)

Give me a break - the Patriots got their assess absolutely kicked and handed to them. Hopefully all the teams on the rest of their schedule are already studying that tape.

What a joke - when other fans bring up reasons why their team didn't win or why the Patriots shouldn't have the Patriot fan is always the first to jump in on how 'jealous' everyone is and how good teams overcome adversity etc. etc.

I thought the Patriots were a dynasty?  I thought their whole organization was bursting with talent from top to bottom?  I thought their coach was a genius who brilliantly overcomes any kind of injuries or personnel issues?  Where was your genius coach yesterday? 

Two players injured!!?? - Wow! - you may not win another game - and no one could fault you for it - not with two players injured!  ;)

Give me a break - the Patriots got their assess absolutely kicked and handed to them.  Hopefully all the teams on the rest of their schedule are already studying that tape.

94636[/snapback]

The tape won't do any good if Law and Dillon are back. That's the point.

During the game yesterday the Pats, due to injury, had a RG playing RT, a RT playing LT, a SS playing nickel CB, a 3rd down RB playing RB, no FB, a nickel back playing #1 CB, an undrafted rookie free agent playing #2 CB, and when that undrafted rookie FA went down to injury, a 2nd string backup FS (who is only around because he can play special teams) playing #2 CB.

It doesn't matter how deep or talented a team is, nor does it matter how good a coachign staff is, when you lose so many players all at once as the Pats had happen to them, then personnel issues dictate that you won't win many matchups against a very good team like the Steelers.

Now, against a crappy team like the Bills, the Pats could have overcome these injuries, but the Steelers are too good and too well coached.