Who Wants To Play O-BINGO???

IDBillzFan

Just hearing some complete sentences will be a pleasure and fresh change from the last 7-8 or so of these.

I'm surprised nobody else picked up on Obama's "Bush Moment" (may have been more after I dozed off, but the one that made me chuckle)

And I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it.

Lousy Germans :worthy:

I'm surprised nobody else picked up on Obama's "Bush Moment" (may have been more after I dozed off, but the one that made me chuckle)

Beautiful irony in that statement, though. "Walking away" from the "automobile".

All joking aside, I was pleased at least to see Obama state "We have launched a housing plan that will help responsible families facing the threat of foreclosure lower their monthly payments and refinance their mortgages. It's a plan that won't help speculators or that neighbor down the street who bought a house he could never hope to afford, but it will help millions of Americans who are struggling with declining home values."

I look forward to the details of this. I have no problem helping people who truly need help, if it is considered a critical component to helping the economy, but I don't believe we should help, for example, the illegal immigrants who get undocumented loans, or house flippers or got overly greedy. Nor do I think we should help people who didn't both to read the mortgage papers they were signing.

But if Ma and Pa Kettle have lost their jobs and can't make ends meet, it's probably better they stay in their house. So I think this is the right approach, and I look forward to the details of how they will weed out the "responsible families" from the "speculators or that neighbor down the street who bought a house he could never afford."

Lousy Germans :w00t:

If Sarah Palin had said it, there would be four threads about it already. :nana: