Owen Daniels

The Tomcat

Would someone explain to me why Daniels is being so highly thought of.

A first and a third seems like a lot to give up along with the $ were going to have to pay him.

I will plead ignorant because I really don't understand the fascination with him. I can be convinced I guess.....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody is able to convince you, please forward their response to me as I am confused by the situation as well.

Me too! He's made strides in improving his game over the last three seasons in Houston. Coming off his best reception year, 70 for 862...not too shabby for a TE, he should demand a good price...but a 1st and 3rd for that kind of production... This would be the worst FA pick up EVER. If Fine and /or Shouman started all 16 games, I bet they would have similar impact.

I don't understand the logic either. If Jauron and OBD gives up draft picks and a boat load of money to acquire this guy when there are many TE's in this draft with Daniels potential then I would have to question there intellect. This kind of thinking has put them in the mess they are in now (Bledsoe, Rob Johnson).

Would someone explain to me why Daniels is being so highly thought of.

A first and a third seems like a lot to give up along with the $ were going to have to pay him.

I will plead ignorant because I really don't understand the fascination with him. I can be convinced I guess.....

The only thing I could think of when I heard about the Bills' interest in him was tha tthey would try to get him by trade instead of signing him to an RFA offer sheet. Kind of like what the Pats did with Welker that one year, except I think they actualyl gave up something extra so the Dolphins wouldn't match. You never know if Houston (for whatever reason) doesn't want to sign him and would be willing to listen to trade senarios that didn't involve a first round pick. maybe next year's two and this years three?

He's in the prime of his career at 26 and has been getting better every year. He's a legitimate, proven, Pro-Bowler at the NFL level.

With Jermaine Gresham staying in and Brandon Pettigrew proving to be less than stellar at the combine (and not spectacular in any one skill), there isn't a TE available in the draft that would be an immediate upgrade over anything we have. Even if either of those guys were available or worthy of taking with the #11 pick, there's no saying that they'd be any good; let alone a Pro-Bowler.

With Bo Scaife being Franchised, there isn't another TE on the market that would be an upgrade.

We desperately need a TE and Owen Daniels is the only real option outside of drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and keeping our fingers crossed. Besides, we might be able to work a deal with Houston and give up less (ala Wes Welker).

i would give up a first and third in a heart beat. The man will be a lock for 70-80 catches and 900+ yards a season.

If the Bills were a good receiving TE away from contention, I could be sold on this too. Considering the Bills still have a weak pass rush (translation: need pass rushing DEs and OLBs), need to bolster the interior O line, and still need to add a solid DT to their rotation, that is far too steep a price to pay.

If the Bills were a good receiving TE away from contention, I could be sold on this too. Considering the Bills still have a weak pass rush (translation: need pass rushing DEs and OLBs), need to bolster the interior O line, and still need to add a solid DT to their rotation, that is far too steep a price to pay.

Exactly, why waste picks when there are many holes to fill?

If Buffalo goes out and signs more than a 2 impact FA...which is highly unlikely....then I would be on board with this, but right now I'm not giving up 2 first day picks for anyone

Exactly, why waste picks when there are many holes to fill?

If Buffalo goes out and signs more than a 2 impact FA...which is highly unlikely....then I would be on board with this, but right now I'm not giving up 2 first day picks for anyone

Well, let's not be hasty. I'd give up 2 first day picks for this guy easily.

He's in the prime of his career at 26 and has been getting better every year. He's a legitimate, proven, Pro-Bowler at the NFL level.

With Jermaine Gresham staying in and Brandon Pettigrew proving to be less than stellar at the combine (and not spectacular in any one skill), there isn't a TE available in the draft that would be an immediate upgrade over anything we have. Even if either of those guys were available or worthy of taking with the #11 pick, there's no saying that they'd be any good; let alone a Pro-Bowler.

With Bo Scaife being Franchised, there isn't another TE on the market that would be an upgrade.

We desperately need a TE and Owen Daniels is the only real option outside of drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and keeping our fingers crossed. Besides, we might be able to work a deal with Houston and give up less (ala Wes Welker).

good post, :devil:

In response to other posts, a real red zone threat to accompany Lee Evans would help the Bills offense immensely.