Official "I can make a better 50th logo in 30 minutes or less&amp

Don

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are missing the point. If this is "HORRIBLE" and took 30 minutes, how much effort did the Bills put into theirs!

This thread did exactly what it should have:

1. Shown how long 'ass' takes to make and that the Bills new logo is in fact "ass"

2. That if people supposedly "in the business" think this effort sucks, and it's essentially the same effort the Bills put forth, hence the Bills effort sucks.

The Bills could have hired a hack, who could have spent weeks crafting his "ass" logo.

A lot of times what happens is a designer presents his logo design, and then everyone needs to put their fingerprint on it. Then it turns into "ass."

There are also a lot of bad designers in this world. It's not like Buffalo is a hotbed of top creative talent. This isn't New York, San Fran, Minneapolis, Portland, etc.

The Bills could have hired a hack, who could have spent weeks crafting his "ass" logo.

A lot of times what happens is a designer presents his logo design, and then everyone needs to put their fingerprint on it. Then it turns into "ass."

There are also a lot of bad designers in this world. It's not like Buffalo is a hotbed of top creative talent. This isn't New York, San Fran, Minneapolis, Portland, etc.

It might not be New York, San Fran, Minneapolis, Portland etc... but Buffalo does have e-mail. For the price of a few T-Shirts they could have gotten a better logo from a true designer in another city if this was the best that the city of Buffalo could come up with. I've used a company in Alabama that did excellent work for $199. Freelance artists are starving for work right now...

I think you guys are missing the point. If this is "HORRIBLE" and took 30 minutes, how much effort did the Bills put into theirs!

This thread did exactly what it should have:

1. Shown how long 'ass' takes to make and that the Bills new logo is in fact "ass"

2. That if people supposedly "in the business" think this effort sucks, and it's essentially the same effort the Bills put forth, hence the Bills effort sucks.

Not missing the point at all.

Logo done in 30 minutes looks like it was done in 3.

The Bills logo, although not very good, is still much, much better.

People who "think" they can design will never know the difference.

It might not be New York, San Fran, Minneapolis, Portland etc... but Buffalo does have e-mail. For the price of a few T-Shirts they could have gotten a better logo from a true designer in another city if this was the best that the city of Buffalo could come up with. I've used a company in Alabama that did excellent work for $199. Freelance artists are starving for work right now...

exactly, this is the information age. people are not bound by distance anymore. ESPECIALLY in the world of graphic design.

i personally know at least 5 designers in Buffalo who I'm confident could have come up with a better logo. let alone how easy it would be for a BILLION DOLLAR company to find a top-notch designer.

the Bills should fire whoever is running the show over there and hire a Marketing guy to lead the way... :rolleyes:

Under 5 Minutes start to finish. I don't do this for a living, so please be gentle.

newbillslogo.th.jpg

Would have looked better with a picture of your head splattered with a bullet. If you decide to do a suicide make sure you do it on like so you have at least one fan.

quote name='Don' post='1324662' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:12 PM']Very nice BTW

Thank you..

I made a slight change... adding the championship years to the cross hairs.

Revised 50th Logo Entry

Outfuc#ingstanding!

By the way, anyone else think the "Official" version of the logo looks like it was created on top of an old Labatt 50 Ale label?

http://www.stubby.ca/images/thumbs/beer_bottles_d011.jpg

(Yes, I know they aren't the same.)

Would have looked better with a picture of your head splattered with a bullet. If you decide to do a suicide make sure you do it on like so you have at least one fan.

Having a bad day, Phunky Phantom? Did you leave your sense of humor on the bus?

Not missing the point at all.

Logo done in 30 minutes looks like it was done in 3.

The Bills logo, although not very good, is still much, much better.

People who "think" they can design will never know the difference.

Ahhh, so you are in fact an ass hole. Good to know.

Ahhh, so you are in fact an ass hole. Good to know.

its my fault, I forgot to add the "you're insanely stupid if you think this thread won't be loaded with tons of sarcasm and parody's of the official crap logo...my bad

:rolleyes:

Just to add...

The typeface for the "50" sucks.

The image of the 50 is flat, the Bills logo on the red banner is flat, but the type (1960/2009) is scaled so that perspective is moving from the foreground to the background.

The off-brown/beige color is simply horrid.

I changed my opinion. This wasn't done by a hack. It was done by a lazy, talentless hack.

• 2 weeks later...

OK.. I was feeling completely uninspired by this team, but I got an idea for the patch finally. So here's my submission.... linky do.

Granted, it took closer to 45 minutes, but I had someone over my shoulder constantly telling me to resize this or try that. I still say it's a little busy; I don't like the idea of both logos in there. But it seems all the AFL teams were doing that. Plus I thought I'd try to stick with their design as much as I could and just "tweak" it, as opposed to completely redo it.

It sounds like we have enough people to make a good faith effort to show the Bills how poor the logo really is. With a little work and some input I'd bet we could do better in short work.

From a general conceptual standpoint, the buffaloes (bison) should not be butting heads but rather, heading in the same direction. Symbolically and aesthetically this would be the first obvious improvement. A herd heading in the same direction.

Thanks all for the fun and games.

Just to add...

The typeface for the "50" sucks.

The image of the 50 is flat, the Bills logo on the red banner is flat, but the type (1960/2009) is scaled so that perspective is moving from the foreground to the background.

The off-brown/beige color is simply horrid.

I changed my opinion. This wasn't done by a hack. It was done by a lazy, talentless hack.

come on man, try to lighten up a little?