"Freddy x2" ??

RockPile007

Kind of like the idea of an all-Fred backfield. Taylor could be a big wake-up call for Marshawn like this says - http://buf.scout.com/2/841482.html

It'd have to be at a good price tho. Dude probably doesn't have much left in him.

We would definitely have to come up with a nickname for the double fred backfield.

Good stuff from Tyler. The benching on top of any league-imposed suspension isn't going to happen, though.

And when someone figures out what could possibly entice Taylor to choose the Bills, please do us a favor and share it with the front office. They're going to need all the help they can get with that problem, because looking at it from his point of view, Buffalo would probably be near the bottom of any list of potential landing places.

Good stuff from Tyler. The benching on top of any league-imposed suspension isn't going to happen, though.

And when someone figures out what could possibly entice Taylor to choose the Bills, please do us a favor and share it with the front office. They're going to need all the help they can get with that problem, because looking at it from his point of view, Buffalo would probably be near the bottom of any list of potential landing places.

this comment is way overused, regarding players not wanting to come to Buffalo.

Trust me, if someone offers you $2million a year to play for Atlanta, and Buffalo offers you $3Million, you are gonna go to Buffalo. It's more about the $ then the location, unless your some premadonna, egomaniacal selfabsorbed punk who wants the media hype of a flashy city, or you are a player that has fulfilled everything except win that prized superbowl.

None of these apply to Freddy.

Having said that, It would absolutely baffle me if we chose to sign Freddy. It would be a terrible move. He is injured half the time. He is old, he didn't have that good of a year last year. Half the people on this board are overreacting to the Marshawn incident. Marshawn is our man.

Everyone rushes to judgement without getting all the facts. Crucify first, ask questions later.

Real nice

Trust me, if someone offers you $2million a year to play for Atlanta, and Buffalo offers you $3Million, you are gonna go to Buffalo. It's more about the $ then the location, unless your some premadonna, egomaniacal selfabsorbed punk who wants the media hype of a flashy city, or you are a player that has fulfilled everything except win that prized superbowl.

Having said that, It would absolutely baffle me if we chose to sign Freddy. It would be a terrible move. He is injured half the time. He is old, he didn't have that good of a year last year. Half the people on this board are overreacting to the Marshawn incident. Marshawn is our man.

Everyone rushes to judgement without getting all the facts. Crucify first, ask questions later.

Real nice

You don't think that a guy like Taylor wouldn't take a little less money to play on a team that, in theory, should be amongst the 5 teams most favored to win the Super Bowl, as opposed to a Buffalo team that has been struggling to break the .500 hump for almost a decade? Even if New England didn't make it to the Super Bowl (or the playoffs for that matter) the media attention on that team will be 100 times that of the Billls, barring a 10-0 start... at this point in Fred Taylors' career, when the sports media keeps asking if he is HOF worthy, I would think adding, and preserving his legacy would be more important to him than a million dollars... going to, and contributing to a Super Bowl caliber team will help Taylor more than, the more likely scenario, of fading into obscurity in Buffalo.

In case you haven't been paying attention, Fred Taylor has not missed all that much time in Jacksonville the last few seasons. Being part of a 1-2 punch with Maurice Jones-Drew has done wonders to revitalize his play. I am with you, assuming Lynch is in uniform, and healthy, he is the #1 guy. It really has nothing to do with the off-field stuff. That said, I would rather have three good running backs than two. I haven't seen much of Xavier Omon, but what I have seen, I haven't been real impressed.

You don't think that a guy like Taylor wouldn't take a little less money to play on a team that, in theory, should be amongst the 5 teams most favored to win the Super Bowl, as opposed to a Buffalo team that has been struggling to break the .500 hump for almost a decade? Even if New England didn't make it to the Super Bowl (or the playoffs for that matter) the media attention on that team will be 100 times that of the Billls, barring a 10-0 start... at this point in Fred Taylors' career, when the sports media keeps asking if he is HOF worthy, I would think adding, and preserving his legacy would be more important to him than a million dollars... going to, and contributing to a Super Bowl caliber team will help Taylor more than, the more likely scenario, of fading into obscurity in Buffalo.

In case you haven't been paying attention, Fred Taylor has not missed all that much time in Jacksonville the last few seasons. Being part of a 1-2 punch with Maurice Jones-Drew has done wonders to revitalize his play. I am with you, assuming Lynch is in uniform, and healthy, he is the #1 guy. It really has nothing to do with the off-field stuff. That said, I would rather have three good running backs than two. I haven't seen much of Xavier Omon, but what I have seen, I haven't been real impressed.

Oh I've been paying attention. Did you know that Fred Taylor had his worst year ever in his yards per carry last year? Did you know that he had his worst yards per game output of his career? Did you know that he had the fewest yards rushing in a season since the 2001 season, which is the season he was injured in game 2. Did you know he had his lowest td total output of his career? I'm sorry, I think it is a little bit more than coincidence that all this happened at this stage of his career.

I just think it is a total waste of money to sign an aging player that is often injured.

I don't see the need to sign a third string runningback for $2 Million a year plus.

Makes absolutely no sense.

I think if he wants a chance to prove himself, he'll sign with Buffalo. If Lynch is suspended for the first 4 games of the season, the two Freds will definatley split the carries. Lynch will then probably slowly be brought back into the system and won't be in full blown beast mode til atleast week 8. That gives Taylor atleast half a season to show he's still got stuff left in the tank.

If he goes to New England he'll be lost in the depth chart behind Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk. He'll probably get some carries in the first two weeks, but by then they'll totally abandon him. Not to mention, if Brady is back to 100% they'll be throwing the ball more anyway.

So if Taylor wants to actually play, he'll come to Buffalo.....if he wants to sit the bench and maybe win a ring, he'll sign with New England....simple as that.

Oh I've been paying attention. Did you know that Fred Taylor had his worst year ever in his yards per carry last year? Did you know that he had his worst yards per game output of his career? Did you know that he had the fewest yards rushing in a season since the 2001 season, which is the season he was injured in game 2. Did you know he had his lowest td total output of his career? I'm sorry, I think it is a little bit more than coincidence that all this happened at this stage of his career.

I just think it is a total waste of money to sign an aging player that is often injured.

I don't see the need to sign a third string runningback for $2 Million a year plus.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Did you know that Jax was missing 3/5 of their starting offensive line for a good chunk of the season? As long as you're running stats, take a look at MJD's 2008 numbers. Career-low yards per attempt, check. Yards per game, .3 above last year's career low, and on 30 more rushing attempts.

And I'd already heard about the reports of Taylor visiting the Pats and Bills, because Tim Graham picked up Shalise's story in the ProJo before either Rotoworld or SI did. Now tell me why, all other things being equal, Buffalo wouldn't have to top -- not just match -- any other team's offer to get a lifelong Florida resident to come to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in nine years (and counting).

Honestly? Considering Lynch's uncertain status, I'd love to have Taylor on this team. I'm not the least bit convinced it's going to happen, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does, but we do agree on one thing: there are higher priorities than signing a 33-year-old running back who is hanging around merely to move up a couple of spots on the all-time rushing yardage list.

We would definitely have to come up with a nickname for the double fred backfield.

I think you just did - 'The Double Fred'! I love it - sounds like something you'd order at Freddie's Roast Beef up in Salem, or Saugus, or wherever that place was.

I can hear Murph now - "The Bills line up in the 'Double Fred' formation..."

Did you know that Jax was missing 3/5 of their starting offensive line for a good chunk of the season? As long as you're running stats, take a look at MJD's 2008 numbers. Career-low yards per attempt, check. Yards per game, .3 above last year's career low, and on 30 more rushing attempts.

And I'd already heard about the reports of Taylor visiting the Pats and Bills, because Tim Graham picked up Shalise's story in the ProJo before either Rotoworld or SI did. Now tell me why, all other things being equal, Buffalo wouldn't have to top -- not just match -- any other team's offer to get a lifelong Florida resident to come to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in nine years (and counting).

Honestly? Considering Lynch's uncertain status, I'd love to have Taylor on this team. I'm not the least bit convinced it's going to happen, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does, but we do agree on one thing: there are higher priorities than signing a 33-year-old running back who is hanging around merely to move up a couple of spots on the all-time rushing yardage list.

especially considering that you would have to pay him at least $2million to be your third string runningback

If the Bills spend the money on Taylor, them I'm convinced we're picking top 10 in the draft next year.

It would be one of the dumbest decisions that they could make. Who pays this sort of money for third stringers? I tell you who doesn't. Winning organizations

Real nice

bull sh--