Why Cant we go out and do this?

Gregg Williams was surrounded with ex-pro HCs, from Dick LeBeau to Les Steckel.

Who from Greggggg's original staff has gone on to bigger & better things? I'm sure one of them has, but I can't member anyone. LeBeau came later and wasn't given the coordinator title.

Steve Fairchild managed to get himself an OC gig after being Gregg's RB coach , but all of Gregg's original coaches sucked out loud. But then Donahoe hired him a whole bunch of also-rans, some of which have won Super Bowls since (Gilbride, LeBeau), and then there's whatever happened to Les Steckel.

Because Jauron knows that he'd be in clear and present danger of losing his job during the season to one of his coordinators.

In other words, Jauron must be the smartest man in the room. Just think of how scary a notion that is. We are so :censored: this upcoming season, it's not even funny.

Does is matter that Bates has been horrible in his last two stints at running a defense and that Jag has no more experience then ahy number of coaches that have graced the Bills' sidelines in recent years?

There is no set formula for winning in this league. Experienced guys win, young guys win, screamers win, sedate, controlled guys wins. Its about getting everything to come together and getting lucky with a few draft picks or free agent signings.

"There is no set formula for winning in this league. Experienced guys win, young guys win, screamers win, sedate, controlled guys wins. Its about getting everything to come together and getting lucky with a few draft picks or free agent signings".

:censored:

Agreed twice. There's not just one formula for success.

As far as Jauron being threatened, I don't think so. He doesn't have an ego and he seems secure (if understated) to me.

I think if we don't have big name coaches on the staff it's because Ralph has historically not paid coaches well. The only exception I remember is when Donahoe was calling the shots and we had Jerry Gray and Dick LeBeau running the defense.

Agreed twice. There's not just one formula for success.

As far as Jauron being threatened, I don't think so. He doesn't have an ego and he seems secure (if understated) to me.

I think if we don't have big name coaches on the staff it's because Ralph has historically not paid coaches well. The only exception I remember is when Donahoe was calling the shots and we had Jerry Gray and Dick LeBeau running the defense.

Threatened by WHOM? Schonert? Fewell? Nobody else would have these guys as coordinators, let alone HCs. Except Ralph, because they would only get, like, $50,000 more to be HC for the Bills.