What Does the Culpepper Restructuring Mean?

H2o

There's word coming out of Detroit that Dante Culpepper will be the starter next year in Detroit. Now we have the restructuring of his deal. I think it means that they're not going to select a QB with the #1 overall pick. I think that they're going to go with an OT, Crabtree, Jenkins, Curry, or Raji. I have a feeling that they just might be targeting Josh Freeman from Kansas St. with their second 1st round selection. If the Lions don't go QB with the 1st pick, I think it will mess up alot of people's draft boards. It would make things very different as opposed to what most are thinking through the top 10.

You may be right, but I wouldn't read too much in to the restructuring of Culpepper's contract. He seems to be a stop gap solution while they are grooming their future qb. Having said that, I hope they do pick a qb with their first pick.

You may be right, but I wouldn't read too much in to the restructuring of Culpepper's contract. He seems to be a stop gap solution while they are grooming their future qb. Having said that, I hope they do pick a qb with their first pick.

I dont think they will take a QB. They drafted Drew Stanton in the second round two years ago and hes barely played due to injury. They just may give him a shot sometime this year