Railroading Lynch

Look, this is bad news. Marshawn should know better than to allegedly be driving around with a loaded gun. I'm disappointed in my favorite player.

Still, I'm disgusted by the way the Buffalo News is jumping on him. Full disclosure: I'm a newspaper reporter.

I generally like Jerry Sullivan, but his column today was disgusting. Lynch gets kicked out of a bar for bringing in his own liquor and that shows a punk pattern? Are you kidding? If Chris Kelsay got kicked out of a bar for bringing in his own beer, the media would laugh and call him a cowboy.

And then for the News to quote some anonymous cop source from the suburbs saying Lynch's traffic incident was part of a pattern to me is irresponsible.

Oh, and by the way, when Lynch was shot at in Oakland, it was a case of mistaken identity. He was in a car outside his sister's high school graduation. I was living in Oakland at the time and anyone who followed the story knows it had nothing to do with Lynch.

It's a conspiracy involving the Buffalo News, the Orchard Park PD, a woman from Canada who claimed Marshawn ran her over, the Buffao PD and the Culver City PD.

This is the biggest mystery since the Roswell UFO crash.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were his civil rights violated? You must know something the rest of the world doesn't know.

It sounds like you don't entirely understand what civil rights are. Civil rights are not just about the 1960's & African Americans. You have civil rights & I as well. One of which is freedom of privacy & protection against unreasonable warrantless searches. As it stands now there has not been any official explanation of probable cause. If that stands, then Lynch & his buddies had their civil rights violated. Sitting in a vehicle is not a crime. They are also called civil liberties or Constitutional rights. This is what is supposed to make us the most free country in history & what is supposed to seperate us from China or Russia. When people say "America is the best country in the world" it is because of our Constitutional civil rights but sadly most Americans have no idea how much our government violates the Constitution.

If you need tto ask then you won't understand it if I explain it to you.

Either you can't explain why the author is a fool or you believe that if not everyone agrees with you, they must some how be stupid. I'm not saying you're a fool but if you can't explain your reason the author is a fool then you might be a fool. If it's that simple that we are idiots if we have to ask you why you think the article is foolish, then it should be very easy to explain why you feel that way. Or we can continue to be idiots & you can continue to make statements w/out backing them up with reason other than the theory that you are right & we are idiots for not knowing that you are right with your eternal knowingness. <_<

It sounds like you don't entirely understand what civil rights are. Civil rights are not just about the 1960's & African Americans. You have civil rights & I as well. One of which is freedom of privacy & protection against unreasonable warrantless searches. As it stands now there has not been any official explanation of probable cause. If that stands, then Lynch & his buddies had their civil rights violated. Sitting in a vehicle is not a crime. They are also called civil liberties or Constitutional rights. This is what is supposed to make us the most free country in history & what is supposed to seperate us from China or Russia. When people say "America is the best country in the world" it is because of our Constitutional civil rights but sadly most Americans have no idea how much our government violates the Constitution.

What I think you don't understand is just because they didn't have a press conference to detail the probable cause, doesn't mean there wasn't probable cause.

Think about it.

Do you think the Culver City police feel an obligation to satisfy the curiousity of Buffalo Bills fans?

When you watch arrest reports on the local news how often do they bother to detail probable cause?

And finally I'll ask the Marshawn appologists why they find the need to drum up these conspiracies on Lynch's behalf?

The first thing they did was say that it wasn't true, that it was just a rumor because it hadn't hit the news yet.

Now after it has been confirmed they jump into claiming without knowing that there wasn't probable cause and are flying off with all these civil rights violations.

Didn't they learn thier lesson the first time Lynch broke the law and they came out with all thier conspiracies?

I don't know if they have thick skulls or what, but they never learn.

Since I cannot express my personal opinions on the civil rights of Lynch & others being violated (My post Gestapoly taken off the board earlier), I will post this article that explains it better.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/13643

I am a gun owner advocate NRA member Pistol Permit holder and fully support the second amendment

but.....

Lynch is going to get suspended.

The reason is he put the league in a bad spot...tarninshed the nfl image and set a bad example for the 11-21 year olds who idolize him.

The gun issue is a lightning Rob for the NFL Goodell has no choice but to make Burris and Lynch poster boys. What happens to them will happen to you et al.

I am a gun owner advocate NRA member Pistol Permit holder and fully support the second amendment

but.....

Lynch is going to get suspended.

The reason is he put the league in a bad spot...tarninshed the nfl image and set a bad example for the 11-21 year olds who idolize him.

The gun issue is a lightning Rob for the NFL Goodell has no choice but to make Burris and Lynch poster boys. What happens to them will happen to you et al.

11 or 12 year olds?

Judging from this forum there are more 40 and 50 year olds that with 12 year old mentalities who place football players above the law.

I love how you guys gloss over the potential of the cops' nefarious role here. It's very possible they were running roughshot all over Lynch's rights that night. Were they being responsible? Pulling over a Mercedes with three black guys in it with no reason (if this was indeed the case)? Watch it now, looks like your hypocrisy is showing again.

"Gloss over" your paranoid fantasies about evil cops? Did we also "gloss over" the possibility that space aliens planted the gun? Cause it's highly likely that the 3 guys caught doing the illegal drugs and possessing the illegal weapons were just on the way to church choir practice. <_<

Taylor and that DB from Denver are dead. They were shot dead. Sorry, but I give Marshawn plenty of slack getting caught carrying a loaded weapon.

Yeah, cause that matters. I should find out how many accountants where shot in the last year cause if it's 2 or more I guess firearm laws don't apply to me.

What I think you don't understand is just because they didn't have a press conference to detail the probable cause, doesn't mean there wasn't probable cause.

Think about it.

Do you think the Culver City police feel an obligation to satisfy the curiousity of Buffalo Bills fans?

When you watch arrest reports on the local news how often do they bother to detail probable cause?

And finally I'll ask the Marshawn appologists why they find the need to drum up these conspiracies on Lynch's behalf?

The first thing they did was say that it wasn't true, that it was just a rumor because it hadn't hit the news yet.

Now after it has been confirmed they jump into claiming without knowing that there wasn't probable cause and are flying off with all these civil rights violations.

Didn't they learn thier lesson the first time Lynch broke the law and they came out with all thier conspiracies?

I don't know if they have thick skulls or what, but they never learn.

You're right about the statement that their could be probable cause. Maybe there is. If not, then they did violate his rights.

Don't try to lump everyone that disagrees with you in the same category as a Lynch aplogist or conspiracy theorist. I'm not a Lynch apologist. I never defended him on the 1st incident & I personally never said the rumors weren't true on the 2nd incident. Nor did I ever talk about any conspiracy.

I'm a Constitutional scholar which is why I feel the way I do. Most people in this country have no idea what civil rights are & how they are violated everyday.

Since I cannot express my personal opinions on the civil rights of Lynch & others being violated (My post Gestapoly taken off the board earlier), I will post this article that explains it better.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/13643

You know, I agreed with this article when I first read it and some of it I still do agree with it. However, you gotta realize that when you are someone who makes millions of dollars and are the role model for a lot of kids, you have to remove yourself from that stuff. Even if you don't like the whole "being a role model" situation. Not only for all of those reason, but also to better yourself personally. Now that the whole marijuana thing has come out, i just really think Lynch doesn't care. Either he doesn't care or is dumber than I thought.

You're right about the statement that their could be probable cause. Maybe there is. If not, then they did violate his rights.

Don't try to lump everyone that disagrees with you in the same category as a Lynch aplogist or conspiracy theorist. I'm not a Lynch apologist. I never defended him on the 1st incident & I personally never said the rumors weren't true on the 2nd incident. Nor did I ever talk about any conspiracy.

I'm a Constitutional scholar which is why I feel the way I do. Most people in this country have no idea what civil rights are & how they are violated everyday.

Well on that point I'll say this.

Before the election I took an online survey which resulted in a score that indicated which party you were best aligned with the most by virtue of your answers.

My result was that I was 100% in line with the views of the Constitution Party.

I am not in favor of banishing guns, not at all.

But I take exception to fans who bend over backwards to defend these law breaking football players.

They're mindless.

Lynch played the system like a violin last spring and got away with a cruel, careless act of negligence against another human being. I somehow find it hard to sympathize with him in this unfortunate, yet infinitely avoidable circumstance. Perhaps if he were serving a reasonable punishment for the first crime he wouldn't have been in position to commit the other.

Don't hate the player, hate the system.

I recently had a ticket for an overdue inspection that was $75 and they issue a fine of $100 for hitting a pedestrain and leaving the scene of the accident.

The system failed that woman in the worst way.

It was and still is shameful.

Amen! The Bills fans throwing Lynch under the bus for this frankly disgust me.

Lynch was actually SHOT AT BEFORE with real bullets. This was BEFORE he became a rich well known NFL athlete and before Sean Taylor and that Bronco DB were buried six feet under. I'll be pissed if I find out this was an unprevoked search and that he was harassed because of his skin color and the expensive car he was driving. Bunch of suburban babies here who have no clue what it's like to be Lynch and know what it's like to be a victim of a shooting. I love Lynch and think he's the first REAL football player this team has seen since Kelly and the gang left the spotlight. Oh yeah, he's seems like a great guy with a huge heart too! This is not a big deal to me, the hit and run thing was much more serious of an occurance. I chalked that up to him being young and foolish in his decision-making. Give me 53 Marshawn Lynchs and I'd be very happy to root for the Bill thank you very much. Hey Marshawn, at least there's some here that actually get why you had a gun in your possession and still have your back. Now go get yourself a license or an armed body guard next time if you're going into a threatening area.

from the details that are coming out, this sounds like a classic case of racial profiling. I mean come on...the first thing you heard about were 4 black men standing around a mercedes benz. Exactly what did that have to do with anything? Why would the police even bring that up? Would they bring it up if it were 4 white guys dressed in suits standing around a mercedes benz? Heck no!! That just about says all you need to know. The police figured these guys had to be drug dealers to have a car like that, and they decided to try and find drugs in the car, during which they found a gun in the trunk. The DA will probably ask the police officers what were the suspects doing that prompted them to search them? The police will reiterate there were 4 black guys standing around an expensive car, at which point the DA will decide that unless he wants to be publicly embarrassed by Lynch's lawyers in a public trial, he will likely not pursue any charges...

I recently had a ticket for an overdue inspection that was $75 and they issue a fine of $100 for hit a pedestrain and leaving the scene of the accident.

The system failed that woman in the worst way.

It was and still is shameful.

and i got charged $200 for doing 88 in a 65mph zone on my bike on the 219 expressway

the system failed me, i didn't hit anybody