Major League

TNBillsQT

Anybody else feel like with all of the poor decisions made by Wilson and the way the coaching staff seems content with being mediocre we are in the movie Major League? Trying to make all the Bills fans fed up with the program so it is easier to move

They're still sh*tty

I think were on to something here. Get a full size cutout of Ms. Bogdan in the Buff (alo) covered by 16 pieces of material and with each win, Jauron yanks a pice off 'til we make the playoffs!

Talk about a 'players coach'!

Something tells me winning games might be bad if this is the person we need a cut-out of.

Should we invest in voodoo dolls right now considering how the last few months have gone?

Or Ralph Wilson realizes that years of switching coaches every 2 or 3 years has gotten us no where. Maybe the players and coaches do love Jauron because he is a stand up guy (for example, taking responsiblity for the playcall against the Jets). Maybe if not for injuries of a pro bowl defensive end, Josh Reed, or Trent Edwards, this team might have pushed for the playoffs. Maybe he thinks Edwards is the best QB Jauron has ever had and that with a player entering his 3rd season (the make or break year), the worse thing to do is to completely switch the offense again.

I'm not saying I'm thrilled with everything but there is rationale to completely understand the moves. You don't make moves because the fans think you should.

Didn't somebody famous(dear to many Bills fans) once say something like......"If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them."? <_<

Or Ralph Wilson realizes that years of switching coaches every 2 or 3 years has gotten us no where. Maybe the players and coaches do love Jauron because he is a stand up guy (for example, taking responsiblity for the playcall against the Jets). Maybe if not for injuries of a pro bowl defensive end, Josh Reed, or Trent Edwards, this team might have pushed for the playoffs. Maybe he thinks Edwards is the best QB Jauron has ever had and that with a player entering his 3rd season (the make or break year), the worse thing to do is to completely switch the offense again.

I'm not saying I'm thrilled with everything but there is rationale to completely understand the moves. You don't make moves because the fans think you should.

;)

Top 5 baseball movies of all-time:

1. Bad News Bears

2. Major League

3. The Natural

4. Field of Dreams

5. The Sandlot

honorable mention: A League of their Own

really bored and nothing else on: Rookie of the Year

No Bull Durham?!?!? A League of their Own is a great movie.

I'm sorry, but if Bull Durham isn't on the top of your list...you're not a baseball fan

My thoughts exactly. I'm not a big baseball fan but that movie really grabs the heart of baseball and displays it. IMO

Ron Shelton is a former Rochester Redwing. IIRC he based the character of Crash Davis on a guy he knew here.

Californian Ron Shelton toyed with a sculpting career before answering the clarion call of the sports world. A basketball star in college, Shelton spent five years as a baseball player in the Baltimore Orioles' farm system. He closed out his diamond career with the Rochester Red Wings at age 25

Interview with Shelton

Quotes:

Crash Davis: Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: [to himself] What's this guy know about pitching? If he's so good how come he's been in the minors for the last ten years? If he's so good how come Annie wants me instead of him?

Crash Davis: Oh, hey, and another thing, Meat. You don't know sh--, all right? If you wanna make it to the bigs, you'll listen to me. Annie only wants you so she can boss you around, got it? So relax! Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun goddamnit. And don't hold the ball so hard, OK? It's an egg. Hold it like an egg.

[Mechanized bull noises in background]

Crash Davis: Well, he really hit the <_< outta that one, didn't he?

[laughs]

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: [softly, infuriated] I held it like an egg.

Crash Davis: Yeah, and he scrambled the son of a B word. Look at that, he hit the :D bull! Guy gets a free steak!

[laughs]

Crash Davis: You having fun yet?

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Oh, yeah. Havin' a blast.

Crash Davis: Good.

[pause]

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: God, that sucker teed off on that like he knew I was gonna throw a fastball!

Crash Davis: He did know.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: How?

Crash Davis: I told him.

[after Ebby didn't listen to Crash, and the ball became a home run]

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: You told him didn't you?

Crash Davis: Yup.

Larry: Who's this? Who are you?

Crash Davis: I’m the player to be named later.

Crash Davis: Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your left? Huh? Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your LEFT?

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My left.

Crash Davis: Good! That's good; when you get in a fight with a drunk you don't hit him with your pitching hand. God, I can't keep giving you these free lessons so quit screwin' around and help me up.

Crash Davis: Man that ball got outta here in a hurry. I mean anything travels that far oughta have a damn stewardess on it, don't you think?

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Ooh, I've heard of stuff like this.

Annie Savoy: Yeah? Have you heard of Walt Whitman?

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: No. Who's he play for?

Larry: Sears sucks, Crash. Boy, I worked there once. Sold Lady Kenmores. Nasty, whoa, nasty.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: The other day Crash called a woman's pu... ssy... um, well, you know how the hair is kind of in a V-shape?

Annie Savoy: Yes, I do.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Well, he called it the Bermuda Triangle. He said that a man could get lost in there and never be heard from again.

Crash Davis: You just got lesson number one: don't think; it can only hurt the ball club.

[LaLoosh challenged Davis to a fight]

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: I don't hit no man first.

Crash Davis: All right, then...

[throws him a baseball]

Crash Davis: ... hit me in the chest with that.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: I'd kill you!

Crash Davis: Yeah? From what I hear, you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a ;) boat.

Joe Reardon: He walked 18.

Larry: New league record!

Joe Reardon: Struck out 18.

Larry: Another new league record! In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice...

[Joe laughs]

Larry: Also new league records! But, Joe, this guy's got some serious :w00t:

I couldn't find the quote but my favorite lines involve Crash telling Nuke to hit the mascot and then he tells that batter he'd better not dig in because he doesn't know where the ball is going next. ;)

Field of Dreams gives it competition, especially with the whole father/son thing.

I was never a big "Field of Dreams" fan. A guy builds a baseball diamond in the middle of his corn field and dead guys come to play. :w00t: I'm sure I don't understand it as well as those who love baseball but it just doesn't make a great movie IMO.

• 1 month later...

It's hard to believe that April 7 is the 20th anniversary of Major League's release.

Harry Doyle: In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven't, the Indians have managed to win a few ball games, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar.

[Dressed in tuxedos, every team member, except Willie, stands behind Home Plate and looks at us]

Everybody: Hello. Do you know us?

[Everybody, except Rick, puts on their caps]

Everybody: We're a Major League Baseball team.

Jake Taylor: But since we haven't won a pennant in over 30 years, nobody recognizes us - not even in our own home town.

Eddie Harris: That's why we carry the American Express card.

Rick Vaughn: No matter how far out of first we are, it's cool. You know, it keeps us from getting shut out at our favorite hotels and restaurant-type places.

Pedro Cerrano: [pointing to us] So if you're looking for some Big-League clout, apply for that little green home-run hitter.

Roger Dorn: Look what it's done for US. People still DON'T recognize us but...

[Roger snaps his fingers]

Lou Brown: We're contenders now.

[Also dressed in a tuxedo, Willie slides into home plate and holds up a green credit card]

Willie Mays Hayes: The American Express card: Don't steal home without it.

[the Indians General Manager calls minor league coach Lou Brown at Tire World to offer him a position with the Indians]

Charlie Donovan: How would you like to manage the Indians this year?

Lou Brown: Gee, I don't know...

Charlie Donovan: What do you mean, you don't know? This is your chance to manage in the big leagues.

Lou Brown: Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

Willie Mays Hayes: What the hell league you been playing in?

Rick Vaughn: California Penal...

Willie Mays Hayes: Never heard of it. How'd you end up playing there?

Rick Vaughn: Stole a car.

Harry Doyle: [before the playoff game] Monty, anything to add?

Colorman: Ummm... no.

Harry Doyle: He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!

Harry Doyle: JUST a bit outside.

and my favorite, and what I hope for this year:

Harry Doyle: And the Indians win it! The Indians win it! Oh my God, the Indians WIN IT!!!

:rolleyes::unsure::lol:

For Love of the Game......anyone...anyone?

Worst baseball movie ever.

The best...

1- Bull Durham

2- Major League

3- Bad News Bears

4- Pride of the Yankees

5- The Natural

6- Field of Dreams

7- Eight Men Out

For Love of the Game......anyone...anyone?

If I was a homosexual, and my boyfriend and I were searching for a baseball movie to watch, For Love of the Game would be at the top of our list.

If I was a homosexual, and my boyfriend and I were searching for a baseball movie to watch, For Love of the Game would be at the top of our list.

Along with Jerry McGuire. Chick movies pretending to be sports movies should come with a warning label.