Major League

TNBillsQT

Anybody else feel like with all of the poor decisions made by Wilson and the way the coaching staff seems content with being mediocre we are in the movie Major League? Trying to make all the Bills fans fed up with the program so it is easier to move

Anybody else feel like with all of the poor decisions made by Wilson and the way the coaching staff seems content with being mediocre we are in the movie Major League? Trying to make all the Bills fans fed up with the program so it is easier to move

Naw, most of us love everything they're doin.. :censored:

Welcome aboard!

No, but I was watching Major League last week and I feel that Taylor is not a prototypical no. 2 hitter. You would think with his knee problem and him being in the twilight of his career, he's more of a no. 6 or 7 hitter. Also, Cerrano could not have possibly made it to the majors without being able to hit an off-speed pitch. Then again, Lou Brown won the division over a loaded Yankees team, so it's really difficult to question any of his personnel decisions.

Or Ralph Wilson realizes that years of switching coaches every 2 or 3 years has gotten us no where. Maybe the players and coaches do love Jauron because he is a stand up guy (for example, taking responsiblity for the playcall against the Jets). Maybe if not for injuries of a pro bowl defensive end, Josh Reed, or Trent Edwards, this team might have pushed for the playoffs. Maybe he thinks Edwards is the best QB Jauron has ever had and that with a player entering his 3rd season (the make or break year), the worse thing to do is to completely switch the offense again.

I'm not saying I'm thrilled with everything but there is rationale to completely understand the moves. You don't make moves because the fans think you should.

No, but I was watching Major League last week and I feel that Taylor is not a prototypical no. 2 hitter. You would think with his knee problem, he's more of a no. 6 or 7 hitter. Also, Cerrano could not have possibly made it to the majors without being able to hit an off-speed pitch. Then again, Lou Brown won the division over a loaded Yankees team, so it's really difficult to question any of his personnel decisions.

But you fail to note that Taylor is a great bunter and is good at moving the runners over. That is huge as a #2, especially when you got a guy like Willie Mays Hayes on the base paths. Although I do agree that Dorn probably was the better choice for a #2 hitter but the guy was worried about his free agency and trying not to get hurt, so why reward him with more at bats?

As far as Cerrano, history is filled with high strikeouts guys. You take the good with the bad. When Pedro hits it, it goes far. On a team with few power sources, you take that risk to have a masher in the middle of their lineup. I think most remarkable of all is that Cerrano would one day become a spokesman for All State and the President of the US.

As far as Cerrano, history is filled with high strikeouts guys. You take the good with the bad. When Pedro hits it, it goes far. On a team with few power sources, you take that risk to have a masher in the middle of their lineup. I think most remarkable of all is that Cerrano would one day become a spokesman for All State and the President of the US.

Cerrano became the president? Please tell me that doesn't occur in Back to the Minors starring Scott Baccula, which I can proudly say I've never seen. Good insight though, I never took Taylor's bunting into account. Also, Harris could not have possibly held that potent Yankees lineup to 2 runs in 8 2/3 throwing about a 40 mile an hour fastball.

No, but I was watching Major League last week and I feel that Taylor is not a prototypical no. 2 hitter. You would think with his knee problem and him being in the twilight of his career, he's more of a no. 6 or 7 hitter. Also, Cerrano could not have possibly made it to the majors without being able to hit an off-speed pitch. Then again, Lou Brown won the division over a loaded Yankees team, so it's really difficult to question any of his personnel decisions.

Alfonso Soriano and Adam Dunn are in the majors, and quite successful. However, I suppose they are susceptible to sliders and slurves, not off speed stuff in general.

I'm sorry, but if Bull Durham isn't on the top of your list...you're not a baseball fan

yeah, Pride of the Yankees, Bang the Drum Slowly, I know I need to see those ones in their entirety someday soon. I'm sorry though, I'm just not a huge Bull Durham fan and I am in fact, a huge baseball fan. It's not like any of the films on my list suck, those are all epic baseball movies.

Cerrano became the president? Please tell me that doesn't occur in Back to the Minors starring Scott Baccula, which I can proudly say I've never seen. Good insight though, I never took Taylor's bunting into account. Also, Harris could not have possibly held that potent Yankees lineup to 2 runs in 8 2/3 throwing about a 40 mile an hour fastball.

Nah, it was on the show 24. :censored:

But you fail to note that Taylor is a great bunter and is good at moving the runners over. That is huge as a #2, especially when you got a guy like Willie Mays Hayes on the base paths. Although I do agree that Dorn probably was the better choice for a #2 hitter but the guy was worried about his free agency and trying not to get hurt, so why reward him with more at bats?

One of the great mysteries of Major league is why during the whole season the Yankees beat the sh*t out of Cleveland(I assume they won the season series) yet they play the one game playoff at Municipal Stadium? Shouldnt it have been played at Yankee Stadium?

One of the great mysteries of Major league is why during the whole season the Yankees beat the sh*t out of Cleveland(I assume they won the season series) yet they play the one game playoff at Municipal Stadium? Shouldnt it have been played at Yankee Stadium?

Not only one of the great mysteries of Major League, one of the great mysteries of the World!