Bills resign Jenkins

Mularkey

Can't wait for someone to say the Jenkins signing is good on ST and people shouldn't mock the Bills for doing this.

Last year, some fans were worried about ST sinking because guys like Haggan, Stamer, and Aiken left via UFA. A year later, the Bills are still the top ranked ST unit in the league. Signing Jenkins is nice for continuity (there I said it) but Bobby April is the one person you can't lose. Everyone else on the kick coverage units are replaceable.

Can't wait for someone to say the Jenkins signing is good on ST and people shouldn't mock the Bills for doing this.

Last year, some fans were worried about ST sinking because guys like Haggan, Stamer, and Aiken left via UFA. A year later, the Bills are still the top ranked ST unit in the league. Signing Jenkins is nice for continuity (there I said it) but Bobby April is the one person you can't lose. Everyone else on the kick coverage units are replaceable.

It is a good move. You can replace special teams players but you have to pay them as well. I doubt Jenkins got a whole lot.

I'll say it but I'm sure there is more he contributes than just ST's. They probably like him as a sixth receiver too.

I think this makes it very difficult for an outsider to crack the WR unit this year.

I'll say it but I'm sure there is more he contributes than just ST's. They probably like him as a sixth receiver too.

I think this makes it very difficult for an outsider to crack the WR unit this year.

Jauron loves familiarity. He'd rather stay in the comfort zone than take any risk with players or coaches he doesn't know well. Turk would be another good example of this.

Jauron loves familiarity. He'd rather stay in the comfort zone than take any risk with players or coaches he doesn't know well. Turk would be another good example of this.

I don't think DJ had any choice for OC. At the time, he was in the final year of his contract and coming off a second 7-9 season. It was assumed (wrongly by many of us, including myself) that DJ needed to make the playoffs in 08 to retain his job.

IIRC, there weren't any others considered for the OC job when Fairchild walked out the door.

The Jenkins signing is merely the retention of a hard working ST type player. He'll never be a huge contributor on offense, but fits with what they're looking for.

Jenkins signing is a good move. His role on this team is not to be a productive wide reciever, it is to be a good special teamer. If he is not on the opening day roster, he will be on the practice squad, so if any reciever goes down he will be placed on the active roster, or they will field 6 recievers and his role would exclusively be for ST's.