so what's this I hear

dib

Word is, Obama is going to sign a bill to ban ammo like .223 and .308. People are buying up ammo like crazy. Good thing 9mm and .45 cal are harmless.

Of course .223 and .308 can be used at long range. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is, Obama is going to sign a bill to ban ammo like .223 and .308. People are buying up ammo like crazy. Good thing 9mm and .45 cal are harmless.

I can't imagine that such a ban would hold up under the 2nd

The bottom of a bottle of Jim Beam.

:censored:

I like the comedy routine (it might be Chris Rock) has about guns. He says that there should be no ban on guns, but each bullet should be taxed so it costs $15000. That would make people really think about when to use them.

I've heard the rumor myself but have yet to read anything in print yet.

please dont let this happen... uggh....

i want a car15 variant sooo bad but they are not cheap and ever since Obama took office prices have skyrocketed... i only hope i can save up enough "before/if" this allegege bill that has rumored to be out there goes into law...

if you want to see crazy, watch all the maniacs come out of the woodwork if/when he actually formally tried to introduce this ridiclious piece of garbage legislation...

i want a car15 variant sooo bad but they are not cheap and ever since Obama took office prices have skyrocketed...

mine went up 300$ after the inauguration.

So gun nuts are hoarding bullets based on rumors spread by other gun nuts?

PTR

Your local police force...the ones we see on tv with the military insignia...Generals' stars, Colonels' wings on their collars, have at their disposal, large stocks of full-automatic assault rifles.

Care to comment on those paramilitary forces?

Edited by stuckincincy

I heard Obama was going to make the school week 6 days a week now and 8-10 hours a day. I also heard that he was born into a terrorist family and is the antichrist according to Nostradamus and the Mayans....

I love how things like this get passed around and then some journalist looking for his way in puts them into print.

I bought a few cases (1000 rounds) of .223 when Gander Mountain had them on sale for $125. The prices have tripled since then! Looks like I have a new source of retirement income. .223 rounds will be very valuable. On the other hand, I'll have to cut down on trips to the range with the AR!

i want a car15 variant sooo bad but they are not cheap and ever since Obama took office prices have skyrocketed... i only hope i can save up enough "before/if" this allegege bill that has rumored to be out there goes into law...

if you want to see crazy, watch all the maniacs come out of the woodwork if/when he actually formally tried to introduce this ridiclious piece of garbage legislation...

I don't think they could ever pull off this bill since many hunters use .223 and .308 and they are considered sporting rounds as well as "assault weapon" rounds. If it did pass, there is no way I would buy an AR15 since ammo would be really expensive. Although you can now get an AR in many different calibers.

Obama has been named "Gun Salesman of the Year".

I was buying a gun toward the end of the campaign last year, and even though he hadn't won yet the place was packed and everyone was stockpiling. Even had a news team there talking to customers about why they thought it would be so much more difficult to buy once Obama took office.

Dib - I know from other posts that this general (right to bear arms) subject is one that you are very passionate about and I can admire your attention to it. However, personally I will never understand the fascination with guns that this country has. I respect the idea that people enjoy hunting or range shooting for recreation and they should be able to. Problem for me is that after that I get confused by the "need" for people to be armed to the teeth.

At the end of the day it is my belief that the widespread and easy access to weapons makes the US a more and not less dangerous place to live. Just last week some poor guy (a janitor) was hit by a bullet because some stupid person (they suspect gang kids just "goofing" around) shot randomly into a mall. Again, I know this situation is far from the hunter who wants to properly use a weapon for recreational purposes. Maybe the solution is that if they catch the idiot who did this then s/he should park in jail for a long time and if they get caught with a gun again they get fried.

When I had a Japanese girlfriend I admired the fact that you (she) could walk around the streets of Tokyo at any time of the day or night and not fear being harmed. People there are so adverse to guns that there was a block in the Omotosando district where people would not go because someone had been killed by gunfire about twenty years before.

I know there is no way I will change your mind nor are you likely to change mine. Just a few thoughts