It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the weapon truly was in the trunk, which I would tend to believe it was, and there was no traffic infraction, no violence, no drugs found, not even the scent of marijuana in the car, then the police better have a damn good, and I mean DAMN good explanation as to why they were stopped, and then subsequently searched. I thought he was carrying the gun on him, but in the trunk...you have to be kidding me. Either way, it doesn't sound as if the police had any reason to stop them, other than for the fact they were black and in a nice car. Good job boys in blue.

Like I said, this one's getting dropped, or at least pled down to something minor.

Like I said, this one's getting dropped, or at least pled down to something minor.

Yup. The way it's worder, it sounds like they recognized him, pulled him over to harass him, found a gun, and "determined" it was his. To me this says it wasn't actually "on him". The search could be contested.

I think we're in for the long haul with this one boys. Lynch will go dark and say nothing and his lawyers will hammer it out. We'll know in some weeks or months what will happen, but it seems wishy-washy and will probably get plead down to a misdemeanor.

But still, c'mon Marshawn get your head straight.

Yup. The way it's worder, it sounds like they recognized him, pulled him over to harass him, found a gun, and "determined" it was his. To me this says it wasn't actually "on him". The search could be contested.

I think we're in for the long haul with this one boys. Lynch will go dark and say nothing and his lawyers will hammer it out. We'll know in some weeks or months what will happen, but it seems wishy-washy and will probably get plead down to a misdemeanor.

I highly doubt they recognized him. If they did they may not have stopped him because it would explain a black guy in a Mercedes. I think they just saw three black guys in a Mercedes and warning bells went off in the cops heads. JMO

Most of the players who grew up in bad neighborhoods own guns. Illegally too, I might add. This is a non-issue.

Now if he were actually carrying it on his person, like Plax was, that's a different story. But it was found in his trunk.

If the weapon truly was in the trunk, which I would tend to believe it was, and there was no traffic infraction, no violence, no drugs found, not even the scent of marijuana in the car, then the police better have a damn good, and I mean DAMN good explanation as to why they were stopped, and then subsequently searched. I thought he was carrying the gun on him, but in the trunk...you have to be kidding me. Either way, it doesn't sound as if the police had any reason to stop them, other than for the fact they were black and in a nice car. Good job boys in blue.

How were you able to deduce all of this from the scant information that has been released about the incident?

I highly doubt they recognized him. If they did they may not have stopped him because it would explain a black guy in a Mercedes. I think they just saw three black guys in a Mercedes and warning bells went off in the cops heads. JMO

True that. Sounds like these cops were being a little racist. They were looking for something. But they did recognize him according to espn.com:

"The statement noted officers spotted three men in a 2006 Mercedes Benz and recognized Lynch as the Bills' running back."

Most of the players who grew up in bad neighborhoods own guns. Illegally too, I might add. This is a non-issue.

Now if he were actually carrying it on his person, like Plax was, that's a different story. But it was found in his trunk.

Personally, I don't blame him for carrying, but he should just get a permit. He's a young millionaire football star. But he does have the right to protect himself, especially when driving in a sweet ride with two other black guys in some questionable parts of Cali.

Don't forget Plax also shot himself with his gun! :w00t:

Everyone on here seems to not care about saftey id carry the heat as well if i was worth millions not sayin it was his but still eveyone knows what happen to sean taylor or the kid from jacksonville so ill give him the benefit of the doubt know of you guy or me for that matter is worth millions so you dont have to worry bout your life like him....will i do :w00t: .....

Everyone on here seems to not care about saftey id carry the heat as well if i was worth millions not sayin it was his but still eveyone knows what happen to sean taylor or the kid from jacksonville so ill give him the benefit of the doubt know of you guy or me for that matter is worth millions so you dont have to worry bout your life like him....will i do :w00t: .....

I disagree. I've read the New York State gun laws beginning-to-end, and re-read them again today when this broke just to make sure. They don't say word one about exclusions for the wealthy. I'm sure it's the same in Cali. The firearm laws apply to everyone.

True that. Sounds like these cops were being a little racist. They were looking for something. But they did recognize him according to espn.com:

"The statement noted officers spotted three men in a 2006 Mercedes Benz and recognized Lynch as the Bills' running back."

Personally, I don't blame him for carrying, but he should just get a permit. He's a young millionaire football star. But he does have the right to protect himself, especially when driving in a sweet ride with two other black guys in some questionable parts of Cali.

Don't forget Plax also shot himself with his gun! :w00t:

I wonder if that was before or after the stop. Still why did they pull him over and search his trunk even if they recognized him before the stop. :w00t:

Per NFL.com

Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic accident and was in California visiting friends.

"This incident did not involve any violence," Schwartzbach told NFL Network. "Although I am in the process of gathering facts, my current understanding is that the weapon wasn't on Marshawn's person, he was not driving. This weapon was in the trunk."

I think his lawyer will get this thing either reduced a lot or even thrown out. The gun was in the trunk, not readily accessible to anyone. I didn't pose a threat whatsoever.

I'm not familiar with California law, but where I'm from you can't just search a trunk, you have to have consent or a warrant.

There are a lot of questions to be answered and facts to be discovered, but at this point I think it'll blow over.

Whether or not Goodell suspends him due to a second run-in with the law remains to be seen.

I disagree. I've read the New York State gun laws beginning-to-end, and re-read them again today when this broke just to make sure. They don't say word one about exclusions for the wealthy. I'm sure it's the same in Cali. The firearm laws apply to everyone.

LOL! Are you really this naive? You think that the powerful/famour/wealthy don't get special treatment, despite what the laws may or may not say?

If the facts meet what Marshawn's lawyer says i highly doubt the DA will try to prosecute. LA cops are notoriously corrupt and if the cops were white will want to avoid the racial boundries.

I have no idea why Marshawn was in Culver City but it isn't a great area. I think Marshawn needs to see a Therapist 3 times a week to try and figure out how he puts himself in these situations.