Jimmy Johnson on the Fox Pre-Game Show

PISSCHUNK

Said one of the guys will be moved (already known by fans) and it looks to be Travis and that he should fetch a First Rounder. Not sure if I agree but the guy was a decent evaluator of talent but then again, if I had the amount of picks he had I could have re-built that team as well.

Late

Said one of the guys will be moved (already known by fans) and it looks to be Travis and that he should fetch a First Rounder. Not sure if I agree but the guy was a decent evaluator of talent but then again, if I had the amount of picks he had I could have re-built that team as well.

Late

93874[/snapback]

It's possible. It kind of depends on who your talking to. If the Bills look desperate to unload Henry, we'll get jack. If we find a team like the Dolphins (not suggesting a trade to Miami, I mean "like" the Dolphins) who are desperate for an RB, we could do it. I do think TD is a decent poker player and will be able to get decent value if, and it's still a big IF, we trade TH.

I know everyone here feels that having TH and WM is not feasable, but really there is no law (other than the salary cap) that says we can't keep both players. Players can complain all they want but the coaches call the shots. There is nothing wrong with a little depth at RB.

PTR

Jimmy Johnson is not IMO the best source of all time for what is fair for trade...shoot, he helped pull off the hoi$t of all-time with Hershel Walker...figures why cannot Buffalo do the game?  Answer?  They cant.

93884[/snapback]

Kinda' like getting a 1st rounder out of Atlanta for Free Agent Peerless Price?

I know everyone here feels that having TH and WM is not feasable, but really there is no law (other than the salary cap) that says we can't keep both players.  Players can complain all they want but the coaches call the shots.  There is nothing wrong with a little depth at RB.

PTR

93927[/snapback]

I'm sure TH wouldn't want to be a 2nd stringer, but he makes peanuts for a back as good as he is. Keeping both would be do-able, but I think TH will request, and TD will oblige, a trade this offseason.

I sure like to be able to watch the first round of the 05 draft. Here's hoping .

93929[/snapback]

This year I left after the 13th pick to go play football and came back shocked to find we'd picked Losman. Anything can happen...

Looking at the Eagles today I could see them being interested in Henry, and given that they stand to make it close to the end this year it wouldn't be a high first-rounder. Behind their line and with his style of running they could certainly succeed. None of their current backs, or prior ones in the past few years, have lasted a whole season.

I could see the Raiders being interested, too, but they are all about Wicky.

Think the logical destinations for a RB here are Oakland, Philly and Miami, maybe Chicago or Tampa Bay.

Kinda' like getting a 1st rounder out of Atlanta for Free Agent Peerless Price?

93932[/snapback]

We dealt Peerless RIGHT after this best season.....TH will be 1 yr removed from a his best season..if we all see so many deficiences in TH's game, why wouldnt other teams???

2nd round pick? I could see that, and I would take it

This year I left after the 13th pick to go play football and came back shocked to find we'd picked Losman.  Anything can happen...

Looking at the Eagles today I could see them being interested in Henry, and given that they stand to make it close to the end this year it wouldn't be a high first-rounder.  Behind their line and with his style of running they could certainly succeed.  None of their current backs, or prior ones in the past few years, have lasted a whole season.

I could see the Raiders being interested, too, but they are all about Wicky.

Think the logical destinations for a RB here are Oakland, Philly and Miami, maybe Chicago or Tampa Bay.

93955[/snapback]

i would think more like the raiders or carolina,philly is usually real frugal.

Travis Henry is a proven player who is young and is a hard worker.

Some team (who needs a running back) should want a player of his caliber over some unknown rookie

There is a chace he could go for a late 1st rounder but I would guess more likely a 2nd rounder because many teams already have quality starters.

Try to think of it the other way around. If you were an NFL team, and picked a RB in the mid to later half of the first round, and he performed as Travis Henry did for the first three years of his career, you would be thrilled with that pick. In other words, he is worth a first rounder. We may get one, and we may not, it depends on which teams are looking for Rbs this year, what RBs come out of the combines looking good, if the teams lookings for RBs pass a lot to their backs, what kind of picks those teams have this year, what players are on or off the board when their chance to pick comes, etc. No one knows right now whether or not he would fetch a #1, and in one year he may get you a #1 and the next year he wouldn't (because of aforementioned items)

If 100 ignorants on this board know about Henry's fragile mental state, slippery fingers, mental blocks, lack of break away speed, and lax fundamentals, what are the chances that 31 people who get paid a lot to do it for a living don't know the same thing?

If 100 ignorants on this board know about Henry's fragile mental state, slippery fingers, mental blocks, lack of break away speed, and lax fundamentals, what are the chances that 31 people who get paid a lot to do it for a living don't know the same thing?

94178[/snapback]

I don't recall Travis Henry fumbling at all this season

He must be high from all the Aqua-net fumes.

93879[/snapback]

;):(:lol::lol::doh:

:lol:

I hope we do get a 1st rounder but I seriously doubt if he TH doesn't amass anything close to 1300 yards this year.

Damn, I will miss him. I've got his jersey. :(

would the Bills be willing to trade Henry in the offseason for 2006 #1 pick?

in regard to the Dolphins, they are just as desparate for help on the O-Line, so i could see them willing to trade a #1 pick for Henry, but not a top 3 overall pick.