If Mack Is Going To Be Such A Dominating Center

BuffaloBaumer

I really would not have a problem getting him at #11. This would obviously mean they have to get a DE in FA. In order to solidify that anchor on the line for a decade, I would have no problem with this supposed " reach".

If they don't get him there, I would do whatever needs to be done to go back in the first to snag him. I think this would open up the Offense TREMENDOUSLY.

I really would not have a problem getting him at #11. This would obviously mean they have to get a DE in FA. In order to solidify that anchor on the line for a decade, I would have no problem with this supposed " reach".

If they don't get him there, I would do whatever needs to be done to go back in the first to snag him. I think this would open up the Offense TREMENDOUSLY.

The same people you are listening to are the same people on this board that would have given their first born for Robert Gallery a few years ago.

I wouldnt be either. In my view I think he is a "sure" thing, along with Curry and Raji. I believe we have more pressing needs then center, but it is a need, and I'd rather draft a very high quality center rather than a ? quality DE with speed.

Center is a BIG priority-Our AFC East opponenets have great Nosetackles and this position is a necessity. Trade down but stay in the top 20 and pick up another pick, if we can then its a great selection. Leave it to "live in Florida" Tom Modrak to take another "reach" who doesnt pan out. Why Ralph still has this guy is beyond me, our draft picks have NOT been all that great and Modrak is still the only carry over. Why he allows this guy to not even live in Buffalo is beyond me.

Center is a BIG priority-Our AFC East opponenets have great Nosetackles and this position is a necessity. Trade down but stay in the top 20 and pick up another pick, if we can then its a great selection. Leave it to "live in Florida" Tom Modrak to take another "reach" who doesnt pan out. Why Ralph still has this guy is beyond me, our draft picks have NOT been all that great and Modrak is still the only carry over. Why he allows this guy to not even live in Buffalo is beyond me.

well why doesn't ralph's daughter ever get fired? She's been in the scouting department since polian was around.

I want Birk as much as you, but even if they sign him they need a center because there would still be no depth, and Birk isn't young.

sign Birk and get a center later in the draft and have Birk for the next 2-4 yrs. you dont need a 1st round or 1st off the board center to be successful.

Mack got eaten up by Raja at the senior bowl practices. He could not handle 3-4 nose tackles and would not (IMHO) be a significant improvement over Duke P.

Actually, Mack was the only guy who had any success against Raji. I have plenty of documentation on that, which I have posted them on this board before. The Senior Bowl was when Mack put distance between himself and the other centers in the draft.

Check out my post on this page, with lots of quotes and links.

link: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...urman&st=20

Mack is not a good fit for our offense. He is not a player worthy of the number 11 pick and may not come off the board until late second round.

Well, you have a perfect right to disagree with virtually all the experts. Who knows, you might be smarter than them. They make mistakes. But with only that to say, there's no reason to believe you

There are several proven centers in free agancy this year. I'd much rather see the Bills sign Saturday or Birk and save the draft pick.

I would like the Bills to try and sign Birk or Brown from Baltimore, but is that really realistic? Does anyone really know what the Bills plans are the offseason? Draft wise I still like the idea of drafting BJ Raji if we get the opportunity.