Why can't we get a #1 for Henry?

ofiba

I'm not saying we will, but you can't say its impossible. We traded away Peerless who had 1 good year and got a #1 for him. Travis has had 2 1300 yard seasons. Anyone remember what Rob Johnson went for?? Was it a 1 and 4? I think what we get for Travis all depends on the backs in the draft and who is desperate for a rb. I do think we can get a #1 for him.

the bengals got a 2nd rounder for dillon

the colts got a 2nd and some change for faulk (if i remember correctly)

henry isn't in the same class of RB as either of those guys, so why would we get more out of him? we'll prolly end up packaging TH and our 2nd for a 1st

1) QB's always bring a premium, especially if the team with the QB knows the other team really needs one. Buffalo has been hosed twice, RJ and DB

2) Running backs are much more replaceable than good QBs. Just look at Denver. You don't give up a #1 for a RB. Especially one who can't block or catch.

3) NE gave up a #2 for Dillon because they had beucoup draft picks and could afford it easily.

4) Atlanta crapped the bed with the Peerless trade. They played their hand too early, letting it be known they wanted Peerless. TD made a brilliant move to franchise a free agent and get a #1 pick for a #2 receiver.

RunTheBall

4) Atlanta crapped the bed with the Peerless trade. They played their hand too early, letting it be known they wanted Peerless. TD made a brilliant move to franchise a free agent and get a #1 pick for a #2 receiver.
This move may save TD's job.

Atlanta actually is a good possibility. They seem to like our bills over there. Arizona maybe if their pick isnt too high. Philadelphia? Jacksonville if they give up on Taylor. Indy if James is gone. Oakland and perhaps even cleveland.

Lots of possibilities there....Philly looks like our best bet at a #1. They will have a late first round pick, and need a RB. Good spot for travis actually.

I am betting that Buffalo will be lucky to get a 4th or 5th next year. If that is true, I would also bet that Buffalo decides to keep Henry as the #2 back and makes him play out his contract. If Henry is on this team next year, that is how that played out and you may never know about it.

Why would Buffalo trade him if they only get a 4th or 5th knowing they still have to draft a capable backup. Buffalo will not trade him for less than a 3rd and that 3rd will turn around and be used on a running back in the draft. Unless of course we could sign a good 2nd tier running back for similar money.

After we acquired RJ, San Diego offered us the 2nd overall pick in the draft for him. We turned them down, so they drafted Leaf.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But in hindsight, we should have traded with SD, then traded out of the 2nd overall spot to get a first round pick that year, and another next year. We could have wound up with Pennington, as well as a bunch of other first round talent.

I'm not saying we will, but you can't say its impossible.  We traded away Peerless who had 1 good year and got a #1 for him.  Travis has had 2 1300 yard seasons.  Anyone remember what Rob Johnson went for?? Was it a 1 and 4?  I think what we get for Travis all depends on the backs in the draft and who is desperate for a rb. I do think we can get a #1 for him.

93686[/snapback]

Simple. He's not worth a first round pick. He's an average back.

What team would give up its first round pick for him? You tell me.

I'm not saying we will, but you can't say its impossible.  We traded away Peerless who had 1 good year and got a #1 for him.  Travis has had 2 1300 yard seasons.  Anyone remember what Rob Johnson went for?? Was it a 1 and 4?  I think what we get for Travis all depends on the backs in the draft and who is desperate for a rb. I do think we can get a #1 for him.

93686[/snapback]

Well the opinion of this board is that Travis is not the incredible superstar that Prince Willis is, i hope Travis goes some team and puts it deep into our asses