2 QB's already off market...

Alphadawg7

I'd love to see the Bills make a play for Garrard although I don't think he would come in as a #2. Good arm, reminds me of Roethlesberger in that he's hard to bring down, can run pretty well with the ball, impeccable character. Hasn't had much to work with in Jax this year.

If Garrard did come to Buffalo as a #2 (let's say just for S & G's), and Edwards was out for 2-3 games with an injury, I'm not so sure Trent would automatically get his job back.

But.....I think I'm just bored and suffering through NFL withdrawal and starting to hallucinate and it's only February and oh Lawdy Momma.......

Hey Doc,

I'm guessing you mean Leftwich? Because I believe that Garrard is the entrenched starter for Jacksonville and I've seen no news that they're trying to move him or that he wants to leave. In April of last year Garrard signed a 6 year, $60 million contract.

I told someone who I work with only somewhat jokingly that the Bills will come out with some kind of statement like "we really like who we have at quarterback" (meaning Edwards/Hamdan). I can never tell with the Bills but I don't think that they think QB is an urgent need.

Boller, Frye, or Simms would be my realistic choices in free-agency, or spend a late pick (round five or six maybe) on someone they could develop for a couple of years.

Hey Doc,

I'm guessing you mean Leftwich? Because I believe that Garrard is the entrenched starter for Jacksonville and I've seen no news that they're trying to move him or that he wants to leave. In April of last year Garrard signed a 6 year, $60 million contract.

Rightly or wrongly, I meant Garrard, On one of the posts in this thread, Garrard was listed as FA. He ain't leavin' Jax unless they pull a fast one and bring in someone to replace him.

Don't care for Leftwich, though. He couldn't hold onto the starting job in Jax (Garrard) or Hot'lanta (Joey Effing Harrington ferchrissakes).

I'm just going through withdrawal, so don't pay me no nevermind.

thank god that successful people in this world don't think the way you do.

the reason other than a paycheck would be about their personal pride and their motivation to succeed at what they do. To prove to people and themselves that they can achieve and lead and be winners.

Those reasons are a given. My point is that a free agent QB won't likely come to Buffalo because of the great coaching, the great offensive scheme or for the chance to play on a winner.

david carr are you freaking serious,LOL. by the way kirwin and ryan were just talking about the free agent QB's and kirwin mentioned JP. ryan answered that from watching that cat i dont even think he can be a back up and kirwin said correct again.

just like i have been saying i think we have seen the last of JP in the NFL. IMO and in theirs his only chance is as a vet minimum third string clip board holder.

yesterday mike lombardi wrote about his top 10 free agent QB's and he did not include JP in that list either. JP's agent has his work cut out for him.

When did I ever say "bring him in"? All I said was that 2 of the QB's that a lot of people on this board thought we might bring in were already off the market...I never said he was on my wish list...

Personally, all the obtainable QB's look pretty sad...Garcia and Leftwhich are 2 of the better choices, and they still are terrible choices. The only decent option I can see is Detroit cutting Culpepper. We had interest in Culpepper before, so I think if they cut him then he could be worth looking at. Same with Jon Kitna.

All in all, it looks pretty bleak out there barring any major surprises. So Trent, you better Cowboy the F*ck Up and step your game up for once or this team is sunk in 09.

Why are people talking about David Garrard? He is not a free agent, the list someone keeps posting is wrong. He signed something like a 6 year $60 million deal last offseason to stay in Jax. So enough of Garrard, he is NOT available in Free Agency.

Everyone seems to be overlooking Charlie Batch. Yes, he's getting up there, but is still capable of comming in when Trent is down and managing the field. The biggest upside is that he will be a vet presence who could absolutely do wonders for Trent's mental game. He is roll player who will come in knowing he's the # 2 guy and his foremost responsibility is to take care of Trent's psyche for a couple 2-3 years.

Everyone seems to be overlooking Charlie Batch. Yes, he's getting up there, but is still capable of comming in when Trent is down and managing the field. The biggest upside is that he will be a vet presence who could absolutely do wonders for Trent's mental game. He is roll player who will come in knowing he's the # 2 guy and his foremost responsibility is to take care of Trent's psyche for a couple 2-3 years.

I think we oughta keep an eye on this situation....are both Batch and Leftwich UFAs? If so, I would imagine Pittsburgh would want one of them back. Whoever they do re-sign, the Bills should go after the other.

thank god that successful people in this world don't think the way you do.

the reason other than a paycheck would be about their personal pride and their motivation to succeed at what they do. To prove to people and themselves that they can achieve and lead and be winners. :)

Very Mom and Applepiesh, but dead on too!