If the Bills draft a CB in the first round

nemhoff

I respectfully disagree.

Jabari Greer is a FA and likely won't be retained

Terrence McGee and Ashton Youboty are in the final year of their respective deals

Only Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner are under contract past the '09 season

It's not outlandish at all for Buffalo to pick a cornerback early in the draft. You don't have to like it, but it certainly would make some sense.

Ok, I see your point. I fully expect us to resign Greer or Extend McGee prior to the draft. One of those 2 will be here long term come draft night, so that's why drafting a corner to me seems like a reach to me.

Honestly though, I dont think the OP put that much thought into it and it was designed to get a rise out of people, but your analysis makes sense and is a good follow up post.

ok, you must just be trying to start a scream fest because there is no plausible scenario that would have us take a CB in the first round...

lame thread... :w00t:

Uhhhhh.....................You better think again friend. We all thought that when we passed over Ngata to take Whitner. I remember my reaction of "Who the :w00t: did we just take?!?!?!" Don't say there's no way it could happen. They could have a "man crush" on William Moore or Louis Delmas and trade down to take them. It is possible.

Ok, I see your point. I fully expect us to resign Greer or Extend McGee prior to the draft. One of those 2 will be here long term come draft night, so that's why drafting a corner to me seems like a reach to me.

And since free agency began, the last time the Bills extended a CB under a long-term contract rather than replace him with a draft pick was when exactly?

Bingo! The scary thing is that you are right on the money. Which means, when the Bills draft a CB, Bill will probably be instantly catatonic, numb with shock and disbelief. Followed by bouts of rage and hysterical laughter. :rolleyes:

Won't we all.