More tax issues with The Obamamysters nominees

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

So is your plan to be witty, and when I respond that I haven't you just call me a liar instead?

Good one.

If you want to be on public record saying, "I, _____, aka Joe Miner, have never once cheated on my taxes in the biggest or smallest way..." and know that virtually everyone now knows you're a liar, please do. I won't have to say it.

Blood in the water according to the Party of Failure and the lot that (wrongly) believes they have a grasp on reality. The majority of Americans don't seem to be buying into your faux-scandals.

They also think he's on the right track with the economy.

So, while you people shout from the rooftops that Obama is packing his administration with tax cheats, the rest of us who don't want America to fail have confidence in the guy who won in a landslide victory on a platform that indicted your heros' economic policies.

You just don't get it.

The question is why they are making a big deal about a small tax problem. You say it is because she is pro-union. I say it is because after four such nominees the Republicans taste blood in the water on this issue. It doesn't matter whether people agree with them or not. What matters is that they see a pattern among the nominees and want to use it to define the Democrats.

An insightfull commentator you are not.

Is it OK if Obama's administration is "not any worse than" or "slightly better than" the last bunch of slugs?

Liberals tend to buy into the "Duke Preston Syndrome" way of looking at things.

Duke Preston is a very, very good center.

Because he's not Melvin Fowler.

And that's good enough for them.

I have cheated on my taxes, yes. I am not proud of it.

You have, too.

In fact, you're precisely the kind of person I was referring to.

I think I missed something along the way as I was spending way too many years in school studying science and engineering, but I was always under the impression that if I didn't pay my taxes perfectly, I would get audited and the IRS would hound me to my death (see IRS demons in Spellsinger 6).

so no, I've never cheated on my taxes. However, since government officials seem to be able to get away with it without even a slap on the wrist, I might as well do it too.

note to big brother: I was just kidding. I don't do my own taxes, so please don't hound me like you did Couvier Coulb.

I have cheated on my taxes, yes. I am not proud of it.

You have, too.

In fact, you're precisely the kind of person I was referring to.

I've never cheated on my taxes

In fact the government usually ends up using a couple hundred bucks of my money as an interest free loan

No, I don't they should be held to a higher standard. Why would they? I think everyone should be held to the same standard, and that they shouldn't cheat on their taxes. I just think that about 95%, in big and small ways, at times, do. And I think most people throwing the biggest stink about this, are probably the biggest hypocrites and liars. Not anyone specific, just a general theory.

You don't think the leaders of the country and those setting the tax policy should be held to a higher standard than the ones that are doing the following?