Antonio Bryant

H2o

He could be franchised down in Tampa, but I'm not sure if they'll want to do that. I think his status became very unclear once Gruden went out the door in Tampa. He's put up solid numbers wherever he's been for the most part. He put up over 1,000 yards and 4TD's with San Fran, was out of the league for a year, and comes back to put up 1,248 yards and 7 TD's in 15 games. He's also only about to be 28 years old with less wear and tear than most WR's with his personal issues that kept him off the field. I think he could be had for a reasonable price tag for a quality WR, probably about $5-$6 million per season. That's not bad for a guy of his quality considering the money we pay others around here at OBD :wallbash: I think he would be an immediate help and an incredible asset to our team. They surely wouldn't be able to double and triple Lee anymore. In the end, it might be a better move to make a play for Bryant instead of Houshmandzadeh.

that's an interesting option. bryant is very talented, no doubt. he'd also more than likely come with a lesser price tag than many of the 'bigger' names.

1- would he want to come to buffalo?

2- would buffalo even pursue him knowing that he's not of high moral fiber?

that's an interesting option. bryant is very talented, no doubt. he'd also more than likely come with a lesser price tag than many of the 'bigger' names.

1- would he want to come to buffalo?

2- would buffalo even pursue him knowing that he's not of high moral fiber?

This season seemed to be a turning of the corner of sorts for him. Every time he was interviewed he seemed like a guy who was just happy to be playing football. He didn't complain about not gettng to the Pro Bowl or put in alot of commentary when the stuff with Gruden went down. He just seems like he may have actually grown up. He definitely doesn't seem like the same guy that threw a towel in Parcells' face.

He could be franchised down in Tampa, but I'm not sure if they'll want to do that. I think his status became very unclear once Gruden went out the door in Tampa. He's put up solid numbers wherever he's been for the most part. He put up over 1,000 yards and 4TD's with San Fran, was out of the league for a year, and comes back to put up 1,248 yards and 7 TD's in 15 games. He's also only about to be 28 years old with less wear and tear than most WR's with his personal issues that kept him off the field. I think he could be had for a reasonable price tag for a quality WR, probably about $5-$6 million per season. That's not bad for a guy of his quality considering the money we pay others around here at OBD :wallbash: I think he would be an immediate help and an incredible asset to our team. They surely wouldn't be able to double and triple Lee anymore. In the end, it might be a better move to make a play for Bryant instead of Houshmandzadeh.

Yes I would. Here is one reason Why!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjUedeGelU

As much as I realize how important it is for the Bills to have a better 1 - 2 punch at the WR position, I am hopeful that Steve Johnson can be the man. There are 3 to 4 guys that are competent enough on this team in my view to make up a succeful WR crew. What we have been lacking is a true 1 - 2. We have a few three's, but I have a feeling that Steve Johnson can fill that void. I wouldn't be upset if Bryant was signed because there is no doubt that it would be an upgrade from what we have, but at $6 Million a year, and having Steve Johnson and Hardy, I think the money would be better spent in other area's on improving this team. I think it is worth it to go with the WR group that we have another year since we do have 2 young guys that do show promise.

I live in Tampa, and the Bucs are expected to re-sign Bryant. Also, many of the other players that we speculate about here on TSW also will never get to the market. Many, or even most, of the good ones will be re-signed or franchised, unfortunately......

He has always had the physical tools, however, he has had motivation and commitment issues in his other stops. He was always looked at as a colossal waste of talent based on how gifted he was athletically with his poor work ethic.

But like another poster said, he seemed to turn a corner this year. So maybe he matured and can maintain that. My concern is how much motivation and commitment will carry over once he gets his pay day...will he revert to his old ways or can he build upon his success this year.

He is clearly talented and worth consideration...

I think somebody will give him 3 years 18 to 20 mil...8-10 mil guaranteed.

He played great all year and made that RIDICULOUS one-handed diving catch in the endzone. I think it was on MNF. Once he has a contract in hand he'll revert back to sloth mode.

Link is in above post as 1 reason I would definatley sign him.

Its amazing how some here would like to keep the status QUO in Recievers- Hello we have been 7-9 the last 3 years witht hese receivers an upgrade is seriously over due!!!!

As much as I realize how important it is for the Bills to have a better 1 - 2 punch at the WR position, I am hopeful that Steve Johnson can be the man. There are 3 to 4 guys that are competent enough on this team in my view to make up a succeful WR crew. What we have been lacking is a true 1 - 2. We have a few three's, but I have a feeling that Steve Johnson can fill that void. I wouldn't be upset if Bryant was signed because there is no doubt that it would be an upgrade from what we have, but at $6 Million a year, and having Steve Johnson and Hardy, I think the money would be better spent in other area's on improving this team. I think it is worth it to go with the WR group that we have another year since we do have 2 young guys that do show promise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magox -- I agree. I think Stevie Johnson is for real. He had a great senior year at Kentucky. He had the winning catch that beat LSU and another power house I can't remember.

What does that mean ? In the clutch - late in the game - he made the big catch - He's a play maker.

Its amazing how some here would like to keep the status QUO in Recievers- Hello we have been 7-9 the last 3 years witht hese receivers an upgrade is seriously over due!!!!

I couldn't agree more. All of this defense, defense, defense crappola the last couple of offseasons seems a bit bizarre to me. Yes, their defense needs major help, but I'm stunned at the number of people who give this offense a free pass when the truth of the matter is that their total lack of even a halfway decent passing game is the single biggest problem on this team and the reason why they haven't won anything in a decade. The Bills aren't going to win jack sh** as long as they're a bottom feeder offensively and most of their weakness on that side is tied to their inability to throw the ball.

I'd probably go defense in R1, but the rest of this offseason, I'd be concentrating on the other side if I were the Bills front office.

Wrong

we have not been 7-9 with these same recievers the last 3 years. Hardy and Johnson are both newcomers, and have lots of upside between the two of them and it would be silly not to explore that route, before we commit Millions of dollars in a player that has had a terribly inconsistant career. Of course you can't see that, cuz your a miserable negative person.

Wrong

we have not been 7-9 with these same recievers the last 3 years. Hardy and Johnson are both newcomers, and have lots of upside between the two of them and it would be silly not to explore that route, before we commit Millions of dollars in a player that has had a terribly inconsistant career. Of course you can't see that, cuz your a miserable negative person.

I disagree. The Bills can't afford to sit back and wait for Hardy or Johnson anymore than they can afford to wait for Chris Ellis at DE. Obviously, they can't completely give up on any of them, but the fact is, they need immediate help at both positions. That does not necessarily mean that they must sign Bryant or burn a high pick at WR, but if they believe they can acquire a top WR this offseason who would provide an instant upgrade to this offense, they should certainly give it strong consideration. That's especially true given that they're already likely to add a midround WR in the draft or a decent FA at the position, anyway.

I disagree. The Bills can't afford to sit back and wait for Hardy or Johnson anymore than they can afford to wait for Chris Ellis at DE. Obviously, they can't completely give up on any of them, but the fact is, they need immediate help at both positions. That does not necessarily mean that they must sign Bryant or burn a high pick at WR, but if they believe they can acquire a top WR this offseason who would provide an instant upgrade to this offense, they should certainly give it strong consideration. That's especially true given that they're already likely to add a midround WR in the draft or a decent FA at the position, anyway.

I understnad what your saying, but you say "we can't afford to sit back and wait for Hardy or Johnson anymore

We really havn't been waiting on them too long right? Did we not see good improvement from Johnson when given the chance. When given the opportunity he showed that he could put points up on the board. What I liked most about him was his ability to give us a inside the ten yard red zone slant pattern option for points. We havnt had that in many years. His thick 6-2 big body frame helped out, and I have the feeling if we commit to him next year and give him the opportunity to start he will put up good numbers. As far as Hardy is concerned and his injury, well, that sucks. I hate that he has had this knee injury and I'm thinking that will hinder his progress for 2010, I hope I'm wrong. I like his work ethic and his size and leaping ability. But Johnson I think is gonna surprise a lot of people next year and I believe the Bills Brass is taking notice.

I think Steve Johnson has a chance to be a good player for the Bills and Hardy may as well. The question in my mind is whether you take that chance if you know you can sign an instant upgrade such as Bryant. I don't think I could pass that up in favor of potential, especially given their problems over the last decade. They need help *right now* pretty badly and if they can get it, they should at least consider it.

It doesn't mean that the Bills would be giving up on Hardy or Johnson, either. With as many three and four WR sets as everyone runs anymore, they'd both have plenty of opportunities.

I disagree. The Bills can't afford to sit back and wait for Hardy or Johnson anymore than they can afford to wait for Chris Ellis at DE. Obviously, they can't completely give up on any of them, but the fact is, they need immediate help at both positions.

I find it interesting that so many people say things like this...not having the time to wait for our WR's or Ellis to develop, yet they take a different stance with our QB.

We cant afford to go through another season with the level of QB play we had, but its almost blasephmy to say so on this board (not saying you said this, dont know your stance on Trent).

Our wins and losses will be much more greatly affected negatively if we get the same level of play as we did this year from the QB. There needs to be significant improvement from Trent or we wont finish over .500

And until Trent improves, our WR's are going to be question marks because we don't have a QB capable of elevating the WR's to this point...in fact, our overall QB play between Trent and JP are greatly hindering the effectiveness and growth or our young WR core...

So if we "can't afford to sit back and wait" for Hardy, Johnson and Ellis, then how can we afford to wait on a guy who impacts the team FAR more than any of the mentioned players?

WR is less of a problem on this team right now than the guy getting them the ball...you want more production from them, get a QB who is capable of that production...

Wrong

Why do you always have to be such a TURD, calling other people childish names because you don't agree with them?