Cards 'Champions' shirts will go to El Salvador

Just Jack

Super Bowl Losers Are 'Winners' In El Salvador

Whichever team loses in tomorrow's game will be winners in at least one part of the world: El Salvador.

That's where the items that say "Super Bowl Champions" intended for the players and staff of the team that eventually loses the game, will go, according to Karen Kartes, a spokesperson for World Vision, the Christian humanitarian group that has collected the charitable donation for the league for the past 17 years.

Super Bowl Losers Are 'Winners' In El Salvador

Whichever team loses in tomorrow's game will be winners in at least one part of the world: El Salvador.

That's where the items that say "Super Bowl Champions" intended for the players and staff of the team that eventually loses the game, will go, according to Karen Kartes, a spokesperson for World Vision, the Christian humanitarian group that has collected the charitable donation for the league for the past 17 years.

This is just stupid.

Why don't they sell the shirts for $50 apiece and use the money to to donate some medical, agricultural or educational tools?

That'd be worth way more than a bunch of crappy cotton tees you can get from the Salvation army for 10 cents apiece.

I mean really, how much would you pay for an original Bills SB XXV Champs shirt?

$100? $200?

This is just stupid.

Why don't they sell the shirts for $50 apiece and use the money to to donate some medical, agricultural or educational tools?

That'd be worth way more than a bunch of crappy cotton tees you can get from the Salvation army for 10 cents apiece.

I mean really, how much would you pay for an original Bills SB XXV Champs shirt?

$100? $200?

Interesting point. If you want to do the most good for the most people, perhaps they're going about it the wrong way. The counter argument would be that any time you give to a charitable organization, you're taking your chances with the so-called administrative costs. I still think the amount raised and donated to the 3rd world would exceed the value of the shirts themselves to the 3rd world.

The other thing though is that I'm pretty sure the NFL simply doesn't want t-shirts floating around that would be the rough equivalent to the "Dewey defeats Truman" newspapers. I wonder how much those newspapers are worth now?

This is just stupid.

$100? $200?

You would pay $50 for a shirt proclaiming the losing team to be the victor? I've got some scratched-off lottery tickets and a few JP Losman rookie cards if you're interested.

Go to most places in the third world, and the football arguments basically boil down to "Who is the all time greatest franchise...the Bills or the Vikings?".

LMAO. I was also gonna type this, but I read on because I knew someone would have beat me to it. The Bills have to be legendary in large parts of the underdeveloped world.

LMAO. Dynasty.