Superbowl memories

Besides Scott Norwoods field goal, what ONE play still haunts you. Mine is from the Bills last Superbowl against Dallas. Up 10-6 late in the 2nd half Nate Odomes intercepted Aikman. Kelly drove the Bills down the field to inside the 15 with time for one more play. This is the play, the Bills ran that pathetic shuttle pass to Thurman Thomas for a few yards, then kicked a field goal to take a 13-6 lead a half. They should thrown to the endzone. They could had a 17-6 half time lead and got the ball first in the second half. That would of taken out the Dallas run game and they would of won. OH well. Happy Super Sunday. :lol:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally sure-handed Bill Brooks dropping two easy 3rd down passes in the XXVIII to kill drives in the 1st half.

The 3rd and forever conversion by the Gints in XXV.

Bruce barely missing Hostetler's hand and ball in the end zone in XXV.

Lofton's tipped catch in XXV (if the ball was a bit further along it would have been 6) in XXV.

Beebe's end zone drops in XXVI.

Al Edwards on the field in XXV.

Kelly's sack and fumble/interception in XXVII (returned for TD).

Bruce grabs Hostetler's wrist, w/ the ball in it, in the end zone. If he just shakes that ball out, we have a 2 score lead in the first half, and it's likely "game over" against the plodding Giants. We did get a safety, but I believe that a TD there would have won that game. Damn!!!....

Normally sure-handed Bill Brooks dropping two easy 3rd down passes in the XXVIII to kill drives in the 1st half.

The 3rd and forever conversion by the Gints in XXV.

Bruce barely missing Hostetler's hand and ball in the end zone in XXV.

Lofton's tipped catch in XXV (if the ball was a bit further along it would have been 6) in XXV.

Beebe's end zone drops in XXVI.

Al Edwards on the field in XXV.

Kelly's sack and fumble/interception in XXVII (returned for TD).

That singular play stands out more to me then the Norwood "Wide Right" missed field goal.

I can recall that Bruce has Hostetler in the Giants end zone and he is holding the ball in his throwing arm away from Smith, Hostetler somehow managed to not fumble it. That play happened right in front of me and I'll never forget it,any other QB and that ball comes out for a Bills TD instead of a safety.

Ingram catching that pass on 3rd and long and broke somewhere around a dozen Bills' arm tackles to pick up the first down, which I assume the 3rd and forever play the previous poster mentioned.

That's the one.

Each game has their own unique play or two, no more or less important than the others:

1. Wide Right

2. On blocked FG in 1st qtr, Bennett nearly recovers and would have had open lane to return for TD;

2nd qtr, Throwing helmet penalty on Reed, which he threw because Skins DBs were getting away with murder

3. No question, Haley sack of Kelly, returned for TD, knocks Kelly out of game

4. Thurman's 2nd fumble of game

The most memorable haunting play for me was watching as the Giants threw a 6 yard pass to either Mark Ingram or Stephen Baker and then watch in horror as like 8 Bills players miss tackles to allow a first down on 3rd and 16 instead of forcing a punt....

Besides Scott Norwoods field goal, what ONE play still haunts you. Mine is from the Bills last Superbowl against Dallas. Up 10-6 late in the 2nd half Nate Odomes intercepted Aikman. Kelly drove the Bills down the field to inside the 15 with time for one more play. This is the play, the Bills ran that pathetic shuttle pass to Thurman Thomas for a few yards, then kicked a field goal to take a 13-6 lead a half. They should thrown to the endzone. They could had a 17-6 half time lead and got the ball first in the second half. That would of taken out the Dallas run game and they would of won. OH well. Happy Super Sunday. :lol:

Kelly actually tossed a bomb to Beebe on the drive after the pic. Was in the endzone and fell right through his fingertips. That would have been 17-6 at half. At least the final score would have looked a bit more respectable at 30-17 I guess. Doesnt matter. We were destined to lose that game.