Superbowl memories

Final drive in XXV...Bills are deep in their own territory and a handoff to Thurman almost broke...the Giants were playing eight DBs and if it wasn't for a shoestring tackle by a Giant DB at about our 40, Thurman would have scored. Thurman had one guy to beat...and that one guy dove, stuck out his arm and saved the game for NY.

18 years ago and I can see the play like it was yesterday.... :D

Everson Walls was the last man between him and the goal line. He gets by him and it's a touchdown and we're up six.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Scott Norwoods field goal, what ONE play still haunts you. Mine is from the Bills last Superbowl against Dallas. Up 10-6 late in the 2nd half Nate Odomes intercepted Aikman. Kelly drove the Bills down the field to inside the 15 with time for one more play. This is the play, the Bills ran that pathetic shuttle pass to Thurman Thomas for a few yards, then kicked a field goal to take a 13-6 lead a half. They should thrown to the endzone. They could had a 17-6 half time lead and got the ball first in the second half. That would of taken out the Dallas run game and they would of won. OH well. Happy Super Sunday. :D

Mine would be from the same superbowl but a differnt play we had a 13-6 lead and received the kick to start the second half the bal is handed off to Thurman thomas and he fumbles the ball and our chance of winning the superbowl and he was benched for the rest of the game.

Reed's catch at the end of the first half of Superbowl XVIII. He kept fighting for yards instead of getting out of bounds. We had to settle for a field goal.

Ditto, Andre was great but that play really hurt us. My thought at the time was we could have had 7 instead of 3.

Besides Scott Norwoods field goal, what ONE play still haunts you. Mine is from the Bills last Superbowl against Dallas. Up 10-6 late in the 2nd half Nate Odomes intercepted Aikman. Kelly drove the Bills down the field to inside the 15 with time for one more play. This is the play, the Bills ran that pathetic shuttle pass to Thurman Thomas for a few yards, then kicked a field goal to take a 13-6 lead a half. They should thrown to the endzone. They could had a 17-6 half time lead and got the ball first in the second half. That would of taken out the Dallas run game and they would of won. OH well. Happy Super Sunday. :w00t:

Andre Reed's critical drop of a 3rd-down pass in the 2nd quarter in XXV, killing an important drive. The Giants defense was hitting hard and they had successfully rattled Reed. It was a game-changing play, IMO.

One play that was especially painful for me was one that wasn't even in a Super Bowl but significant in that it prevented the Bills from possibly going to a Super Bowl sooner than they actually did in SB XXV.

The play: the Ronnie Harmon dropped end zone pass against the Browns in the playoffs in 1989 or 1990. It was a soft pass right in his hands. Painful.

Yeah, I remember that one well, too. Then he was wide open the next play, but Kelly wasn't going to throw to him again after that.