Congratulations John Kerry

bartshan-83

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In years when AL wins World Series incumbent stays in the white house.

I guess that neutralizes the Redskins game.

93829[/snapback]

I read on CNN that if there's a tie in the Electoral college, that Bush remains president and Edwards becomes VP. Some statistician said that there's a 3.9% chance of that happening. Maybe that's what the signs are pointing to?

CW

I read on CNN that if there's a tie in the Electoral college, that Bush remains president and Edwards becomes VP. Some statistician said that there's a 3.9% chance of that happening. Maybe that's what the signs are pointing to?

While this is possible if the EV is tied, the only way its possible is if the senate goes democratic.

In a tie, the newly elected house selects the president (bush since republicans will regain control).

The senate then selects the VP between cheney and edwards. They will select cheney unless something strange happens and republicans lose the senate.

I have no idea what happens if the senate is 50/50. Do they wait until the house selects the VP then have the VP cast the deciding vote?

I have no idea what happens if the senate is 50/50.  Do they wait until the house selects the VP then have the VP cast the deciding vote?

93951[/snapback]

Cheney would still be sitting VP, so he'd get to cast the tie breaking vote for himself, no? THAT would be some funny stevestojan! We'd hear the Dems crying big time on that one.

p.s. KzooMike --- just testing it out :lol:

Guest phantom

If Tricky Dicky II sticks around, does that mean more of our tax dollars going to his buddies at Halliburton...a few of those $ I'm sure finding their way beck to 'ol Dicky....

I'm with you. If that jerk wins were finished.

93820[/snapback]

Yeah, America will cease to be a world power and we'll all die if the guy you don't want to win the election wins. :lol:

Pure genius.

I'm with you. If that jerk wins were finished.

93820[/snapback]

Well...look on the bright side......If kerry wins the SHE-DEVIL wife of the rapist wont get in in 2008.

If Tricky Dicky II sticks around, does that mean more of our tax dollars going to his buddies at Halliburton...a few of those $ I'm sure finding their way beck to 'ol Dicky....

94078[/snapback]

HALIBURTON!!...the word of the year for pseudo-educated lefties.

;)

GB    28

WSH  14

93254[/snapback]

Obviously you folks aren't serious, but anyway....

The real question is when this "trend" first came about. It's pretty easy to try to look back at possible sports/political correlations and then try to make predictions based on that.

There's two things here. The Redskins and any other team do better at home than on the road on average. The incumbant party wins more often than it loses... so it's easy to see why these things go together.