OH Look! A New Palin Thread!

blzrul

Not being a woman you wouldn't know. I don't think you're much of a man either. But a PARROT - definitely. How's Rush today?

For the record I have mentored many women professionally and it's a credit to me when they succeed. And several of them are - wait for it - conservative women who even voted for George Bush! Wow. How about that.

So, you wanna cracker?

I know more than a few women who would disagree with you. But, rumor has it you wouldn't know what's that like.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say this is generally true....if I was an idiot. The part that you correctly identified is that no lie is too ridiculous for the Daily Kos, or MoveOn, etc., and that they simply have no way form stopping themselves from this shameful behavior. Glad to see you are still capable of at least some objectivity.

The REAL fact is that the Palin pick for VP caught everybody, left and right, with their pants down.

So, yeah, initially what could anybody say? The feminists in the media(hell, even the hot chick on FOX and Friends was doing it) said:

Execute Oprah Winfrey Standard Order 21:

She's a woman, so say good things about her automatically, whether you know anything at all about her or not.

And, until they could come up with a new plan and actually do their jobs properly, they had to operate using these contingency plans(see Duke Rape Case).

Once they realized the very real damage Palin was and could do to Obama, that's when the entire entertainment/media complex got together and came up with the "all-day, all-the-time, We Hate Palin" campaign, that they are still running when they have nothing else to say.

This fact is that Palin and Obama have almost the exact same amount of political experience. It's a fact, so stop spinning. Whenever you get done talking, this fact will remain. Clearly, it's completely hypocritical to play off Obama's lack of experience, and excoriate Palin's. But, I think this all goes back to this irrational hatred issue you all have, nothing more.

People started to dislike her and soon hate her because 1] she was stupid, and 2] she was a divider. That's it. It's the same reason so many conservatives hated her, not because she was a woman. Her inexperience ultimately wasn't the issue at all, it was the fact that she was totally ill-prepared on an intellectual level for the job. It's a monumental difference. Quick learners can get up to speed quickly -- stupid, incurious people can't.

People started to dislike her and soon hate her because 1] she was stupid, and 2] she was a divider. That's it. It's the same reason so many conservatives hated her, not because she was a woman. Her inexperience ultimately wasn't the issue at all, it was the fact that she was totally ill-prepared on an intellectual level for the job. It's a monumental difference. Quick learners can get up to speed quickly -- stupid, incurious people can't.

I just hated her because she is stupid. Who really cares if she's a divider or not? I'm assuming under the right cirumstances "dividers" can be a good thing.

She WANTS us to discuss her.

You really can't claim that people are obsessing over her when she's determined to stay in the public eye.

No, she has a PAC. That doesn't make here a media whore. Lyndon Larouche has a PAC, and...he's a whore. Okay, bad example.

Still, LOTS of people have PACs. Most of them don't get this attention. Hell, I may start one myself, just to demonstrate...

I am not a Hillary fan, but she was a hugely popular person and hugely respected person around the country and around the world, as evidenced by getting 18 million votes, and a 94-2 (or whatever it was) confirmation vote for Sec of State. You're complaining that the media isn't fair because they would praise Ben Rothleisberger but not praise Matt Leinart.

Wrong. First, I am responding to the distortion that:

The attacks on Hillary = the attacks on Palin, in terms of their substance, vehemence, and volume, both amount and sound.

Now I will respond to your distortion:

Nobody, especially not me, said that Palin = Hillary in terms of experince. So, I am not "comparing" them.

Moreover, Hillary has some legitimate baggage like Travelgate, Whitewater, etc. that she received legit critical analysis for. Palin had her family attacked, and there was nothing legitimate about that. It just served to underscore the irrational hatred on the left. The hatred created so much noise, that now you are seeing a signal emerge = people are interested in how Palin handles it. She has become, for many, not me, an interesting character whose ongoing activity now has a following.

Once again, liberal stupidity has conspired to create the exact opposite outcome that was intended: Palin is now a "rock star" and every woman in America who last name isn't Heinz or Kennedy will claim to identify with her and "what she has been through", and follow her ongoing saga intently.

You have created your own worst possible enemy. You guys don't seem capable of thinking anything through, and it's truly fascinating. Hopefully the power that the liberals now have will sober them and get them to start thinking before they talk/do. I don't care if liberals shoot themselves in the foot, as long as they don't get to shoot me.

And please, spare us the distortions.

I just hated her because she is stupid. Who really cares if she's a divider or not? I'm assuming under the right cirumstances "dividers" can be a good thing.

Well, there are different degrees and definitions of "divider". There were a ton of right-leaning pols and citizens, as well as a ton of moderates and independents who really didn't like how she would call small town America the real America, and those kinds of things. It was pulling the country apart even more and she never let up. That was the divider issue I was referring to. She appealed and still appeals only to the strong conservative base that is a relatively small (and getting smaller) portion of the country (like a relatively small portion of the country is the far liberal left). That's why her approval ratings on a national scale aren't nearly as large as her disapproval ratings. As far as I'm concerned I hope like hell she is the face and voice of the Republican party. The more powerful she is in the Republican party, the longer the left will stay in power.

In that respect, I can't get enough of seeing her get press. The more the merrier.

Not just a woman, she's undoubtedly more woman than you'll ever know.

But then, so is Rosie O'Donnell, so that's not saying much.

One of the other posters posted me that your wife is a real skank.

I hear she's the choo-choo on the TBD train.

When do i get a shot? I like to fist her from both sides.

As far as I'm concerned I hope like hell she is the face and voice of the Republican party. The more powerful she is in the Republican party, the longer the left will stay in power.

In that respect, I can't get enough of seeing her get press. The more the merrier.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I have read in 2 weeks, and I have mostly been reading Medicare regulations and policies.

Apparently you have learned nothing from the Hillary Clinton example. Of course learning nothing from history isn't new for liberals is it now?

Hillary Clinton's national approval ratings were in the toilet most of life, yet she gets elected Senator from NY? Her approval ratings here are crap, yet she runs for President and comes damn close to winning?

WHY? Because women lie to pollsters. Period. They will say one thing, but vote another. Everyone know that Hillary getting elected Senator was this empathetic, "bottle of wine and cry/sorry your husband dissed you" thing.

You think that same thing can't happen for Palin? But on a much larger and more meaningful scale, because Palin isn't a gigantic B word?

Like I said, fascinating....

Wrong. First, I am responding to the distortion that:

The attacks on Hillary = the attacks on Palin, in terms of their substance, vehemence, and volume, both amount and sound.

Now I will respond to your distortion:

Nobody, especially not me, said that Palin = Hillary in terms of experince. So, I am not "comparing" them.

Moreover, Hillary has some legitimate baggage like Travelgate, Whitewater, etc. that she received legit critical analysis for. Palin had her family attacked, and there was nothing legitimate about that. It just served to underscore the irrational hatred on the left. The hatred created so much noise, that now you are seeing a signal emerge = people are interested in how Palin handles it. She has become, for many, not me, an interesting character whose ongoing activity now has a following.

Once again, liberal stupidity has conspired to create the exact opposite outcome that was intended: Palin is now a "rock star" and every woman in America who last name isn't Heinz or Kennedy will claim to identify with her and "what she has been through", and follow her ongoing saga intently.

You have created your own worst possible enemy. You guys don't seem capable of thinking anything through, and it's truly fascinating. Hopefully the power that the liberals now have will sober them and get them to start thinking before they talk/do. I don't care if liberals shoot themselves in the foot, as long as they don't get to shoot me.

And please, spare us the distortions.

Hillary was abused in the press for quite some time, and has been at various times in her career. She just happens to be a famous person that is also liked by huge numbers of people in this country and other countries. And even moreso when she drops the disingenuous garbage and acts like a human, which she is doing now. But whenever she stumbles, like during Heath Care in Bill's Presidency, and when she started doing poorly in the primary and losing to Obama, suddenly the press turned on her, like they should have.

I always laughed at the right complaining that Obama was annointed the Presidency by the Press. For the first full year, Hillary was annointed by the press. Obama wasn't given a chance. Then when Obama actually won and Hillary was shown to make a lot of tactical errors, they pounced on her and applauded him. Then she made a comeback in NH and they were all over her again. Then he beat her on the Super Tuesday and they were all over him again. That was the way it was supposed to be. He was winning! Then, later on in the primary, she started doing well again and they applauded her again. All the way to the end when she exited with a little bit of grace. And isn't that how it's supposed to be? She has been abused in the press quite a few times, and guess what, it's when she has failed.

I am never and would never compare Hillary's political experience to Palin's because it's totally immaterial. Palin is a moron, IMO. I think it's awesome she's so popular amongst the Republicans, for it's the best thing that could happen to the Democrats. Palin's a joke around the world, and Hillary is a rock star.

Actually, virtually every left leaning woman and media person applauded Sarah Palin for being a good example of a working woman, for her ability to give a great speech, for her poise under the pressure right off the bat. What people started abusing her for was when she was found out to be a fraud, which was a couple weeks later, and in their opinion, not capable of being second in line for the Presidency.

People seem to forget what a lovefest there was for Palin in the first few days (which stretched to weeks for most people while they were getting to know her). Especially as far as being a strong woman. I was one of them. I was amazed at how well she handled herself those first few days. Then after you heard her speak away from the speeches, and saw her try to answer questions, and found out what she was really made of, and how she often wasn't the person that she portrayed herself to be and the McCain campaign portrayed her to be, that her popularity nosedived. That's when it started getting ugly, and IMO it was legitimate. The nastiness of a few bloggers right off the bat was not at all what was going on in the MSM and most of the country.

There were only a few fringe bloggers that were vile to her right off the bat, mainly the one guy from Daily Kos (who, if I recall correctly, and I may not, did not work for Daily Kos, just posted there). The vast, vast majority of the press right off the bat for Palin was extremely favorable.

Thank you for saving me the time to write that. You did it better than I could have too.

Sarah Palin did win an award. So she must have done something right.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/pr...09-17-2008.html

:wallbash:

Because she doesn't know what is going on in the world? She heard about "The Surge" after it happened but didn't really know what it was even though her own son was soon going to Iraq. She actually thought, and defended over and over the idea that because there is a tiny island off the coast of Alaska where if you even went there (which she never did) you could see an island of Russia's that it gave her some foreign policy expertise. That she had never even heard of the Bush Doctrine, or that it existed (I don't even care if she knew what it is as a majority of people don't, because didn't know it existed at all). That she didn't know what the Vice President's job description or powers were, even weeks after she was up for that very job, and that it was very clear she had never read the Constitution. There was an endless list of these things that could make one disgusted that she could be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

See above.

I am not a Hillary fan, but she was a hugely popular person and hugely respected person around the country and around the world, as evidenced by getting 18 million votes, and a 94-2 (or whatever it was) confirmation vote for Sec of State. You're complaining that the media isn't fair because they would praise Ben Rothleisberger but not praise Matt Leinart.

:bag:

I know more than a few women who would disagree with you. But, rumor has it you wouldn't know what's that like.

Ooohh! Good one. Have you ever touched a woman other than your mother. :thumbsup:

Hillary was abused in the press for quite some time, and has been at various times in her career. She just happens to be a famous person that is also liked by huge numbers of people in this country and other countries. And even moreso when she drops the disingenuous garbage and acts like a human, which she is doing now. But whenever she stumbles, like during Heath Care in Bill's Presidency, and when she started doing poorly in the primary and losing to Obama, suddenly the press turned on her, like they should have.

I always laughed at the right complaining that Obama was annointed the Presidency by the Press. For the first full year, Hillary was annointed by the press. Obama wasn't given a chance. Then when Obama actually won and Hillary was shown to make a lot of tactical errors, they pounced on her and applauded him. Then she made a comeback in NH and they were all over her again. Then he beat her on the Super Tuesday and they were all over him aghain. That was the way it was supposed to be. He was winning! Then, later on in the primary, she started doing well again and they applauded her again. All the way to the end when she exited with a little bit of grace. And isn't that how it's supposed to be? She has been abused in the press quite a few times, and guess what, it's when she has failed.

I am never and would never compare Hillary's political experience to Palin's because it's totally immaterial. Palin is a moron, IMO. I think it's awesome she's so popular amongst the Republicans, for it's the best thing that could happen to the Democrats. Palin's a joke around the world, and Hillary is a rock star.

1. I don't like the press "annointing" anybody, ever, period. Two wrongs don't make a right. I like the press doing their f'ing jobs, which aren't very hard, compared to mine, to begin with. I certainly could do a better job getting the truth out of people and writing what I find coherently(but obviously not concisely :thumbsup: ). I do it in my job every day.

2. Again, you are acting like somehow the vast majority of women, here or anywhere in the world, DON'T have their "empathy meters" set on "ridiculous". I need look no farther than my mom or my sister if I need to find some crazy rationalization for somebody doing something stupid or wrong, regardless of how wrong or stupid it is.

3. Given #2, the more you dolts attack Palin, the more collective empathy you create, crossing over even into sympathy.

4. Keep it up smart guy, and you are going to get her elected President.

No, I wasn't. Like I said, I don't really like her myself, and think she is a pathological liar. But 18 million people voting for her did. She's hugely popular, both here and abroad. Even amongst a good deal of Republican politicians in Washington.

I disagree. She had tons of money, the Clinton machine, love from the media, and she was running against a black man named Obama. With all of that, she still lost.

As far as respect around the world, perhaps she was known as a good hostess, but the thought of world leaders holding her in some sort of awe is laughable. Do you think that these people heard about the shots fired in Bosnia, or saw the crocodile tears in NH? Maybe they caught word of the racial slurs in SC? They miss these things, right?

How about when she wouldn't drop out in case her opponent was shot. That was as despicable as it gets. 18 million votes or not, she failed to muscle her way into the VP slot.

I am 100% about giving Obama a chance, but she was a strange cabinet pick, to say the least.