OH Look! A New Palin Thread!

blzrul

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I have read in 2 weeks, and I have mostly been reading Medicare regulations and policies.

Apparently you have learned nothing from the Hillary Clinton example. Of course learning nothing from history isn't new for liberals is it now?

Hillary Clinton's national approval ratings were in the toilet most of life, yet she gets elected Senator from NY? Her approval ratings here are crap, yet she runs for President and comes damn close to winning?

WHY? Because women lie to pollsters. Period. They will say one thing, but vote another. Everyone know that Hillary getting elected Senator was this empathetic, "bottle of wine and cry/sorry your husband dissed you" thing.

You think that same thing can't happen for Palin? But on a much larger and more meaningful scale, because Palin isn't a gigantic B word?

Like I said, fascinating....

Well keep telling all your friends to talk up Palin. Like I said, it's the best thing that could happen to Democrats. Oh, and Palin is a gigantic--

I do have a couple questions though. 1] You're actually saying that because the media and the public acted one way toward one person, Hillary, they will follow suit concerning another woman, even though the two women are pretty much the complete opposites? And 2] tell me, why weren't these women lying for the first few weeks pollsters were asking them about Palin when they were favorable toward her?

I disagree. She had tons of money, the Clinton machine, love from the media, and she was running against a black man named Obama. With all of that, she still lost.

As far as respect around the world, perhaps she was known as a good hostess, but the thought of world leaders holding her in some sort of awe is laughable. Do you think that these people heard about the shots fired in Bosnia, or saw the crocodile tears in NH? Maybe they caught word of the racial slurs in SC? They miss these things, right?

How about when she wouldn't drop out in case her opponent was shot. That was as despicable as it gets. 18 million votes or not, she failed to muscle her way into the VP slot.

I am 100% about giving Obama a chance, but she was a strange cabinet pick, to say the least.

Is that why all the Republicans applauded the choice, praised her during the confirmation hearings, had no problems with her at all (the complaints were about Bill's possible donations) and then voted for her 44-2 or whatever it was?

Have you guys lost your minds? Since when is this OK?

Good God, can't you simply hate eachother and leave families out of things? :thumbsup:

I suspect "JP..." was spawned from algae via asexual fission anyway, so that was probably fine.

Is that why all the Republicans applauded the choice, praised her during the confirmation hearings, had no problems with her at all (the complaints were about Bill's possible donations) and then voted for her 44-2 or whatever it was?

It could be that the Senate Republicans are just idiots.

I'd rather bet on it, in fact.

He doesn't know when to stop. He got very personal so I took it as far as I know how.

Your wisdom is matched only by your maturity.

Jesus. :thumbsup: With judgement like that, how do you get through the day without someone administering a beating on you?

It could be that the Senate Republicans are just idiots.

I'd rather bet on it, in fact.

Or there are billions of idiots around the world. Those two things may not be mutually exclusive. The fact is, a ton of people like and respect her. She's hugely popular, although there is a significant portion of the American population that hates her entire digestive system.

The senate repubs have their own problems. Plus, I'm sure that (seeingly unlike this board these days) there is some sort of etiquette. Did the dems applaud Chief Justice Roberts?

People started to dislike her and soon hate her because 1] she was stupid, and 2] she was a divider. That's it. It's the same reason so many conservatives hated her, not because she was a woman. Her inexperience ultimately wasn't the issue at all, it was the fact that she was totally ill-prepared on an intellectual level for the job. It's a monumental difference. Quick learners can get up to speed quickly -- stupid, incurious people can't.

She's a less intelligent Dan Quayle. 'Nuff said.

Wrong. First, I am responding to the distortion that:

The attacks on Hillary = the attacks on Palin, in terms of their substance, vehemence, and volume, both amount and sound.

Now I will respond to your distortion:

Nobody, especially not me, said that Palin = Hillary in terms of experince. So, I am not "comparing" them.

Moreover, Hillary has some legitimate baggage like Travelgate, Whitewater, etc. that she received legit critical analysis for. Palin had her family attacked, and there was nothing legitimate about that. It just served to underscore the irrational hatred on the left. The hatred created so much noise, that now you are seeing a signal emerge = people are interested in how Palin handles it. She has become, for many, not me, an interesting character whose ongoing activity now has a following.

Travelgate is is worse than Cheyney's Halliburton things? :blink:

After a long, long time of pushing people and using questionable tactics Ken Starr couldn't do anything but find a BJ and yet you think that's baggage? :(

One of the other posters posted me that your wife is a real skank.

I hear she's the choo-choo on the TBD train.

When do i get a shot? I like to fist her from both sides.

Jeez, you display your intelligence more and more with every post. :lol:

1. I don't like the press "annointing" anybody, ever, period. Two wrongs don't make a right. I like the press doing their f'ing jobs, which aren't very hard, compared to mine, to begin with. I certainly could do a better job getting the truth out of people and writing what I find coherently(but obviously not concisely :bag: ). I do it in my job every day.

2. Again, you are acting like somehow the vast majority of women, here or anywhere in the world, DON'T have their "empathy meters" set on "ridiculous". I need look no farther than my mom or my sister if I need to find some crazy rationalization for somebody doing something stupid or wrong, regardless of how wrong or stupid it is.

3. Given #2, the more you dolts attack Palin, the more collective empathy you create, crossing over even into sympathy.

4. Keep it up smart guy, and you are going to get her elected President.

Do they rationalize the Halliburton contract or the illegal wiretaps or the establishment of Gitmo? The people who rationalize that are very hypocritical if they don't see those things as being a lot worse than hiring the travel company they've always used and a witch hunt that couldn't find anything at all about Whitewater. :rolleyes:

Ooohh! Good one. Have you ever touched a woman other than your mother. :rolleyes:

Actually your mother was the first one.

:lol: Keep displaying your lack of intelligence it's very amusing.

He doesn't know when to stop. He got very personal so I took it as far as I know how.

I have no problem believing you don't know any other way.

The senate repubs have their own problems. Plus, I'm sure that (seeingly unlike this board these days) there is some sort of etiquette. Did the dems applaud Chief Justice Roberts?

There isn't some kind of etiquette. Geithner didn't get many votes at all. There are 58 Democratic Senators right now (about to be 59 I think) and his vote was 60-34. Holder will have a lot of trouble getting Rep votes. If anyone has something serious against you, they vote no.

I need look no farther than my mom or my sister if I need to find some crazy rationalization for somebody doing something stupid or wrong, regardless of how wrong or stupid it is.

That explains a lot, actually. Thanks for sharing that. Apparently, nonsense and irrational thought and behavior runs in the family.

Have you guys lost your minds? Since when is this OK?

Good God, can't you simply hate eachother and leave families out of things? :(

I agree with you. I would reply to the JP character, but when I did that recently to someone on a vacation, a certain Mod's fat fingers gave me an unintentional break too.

Family should be left out period in all but the most joking of circumstances. That was far from it and was seriously one of the most asinine posts I have ever read on PPP.

Well keep telling all your friends to talk up Palin. Like I said, it's the best thing that could happen to Democrats. Oh, and Palin is a gigantic--

What friends? :( I don't care about Palin one way or the other....but that doesn't mean I stop seeing liberals heading for another train wreck of Medicare proportions, in attacking her. I certainly don't spend any time talking to anybody, friend or no, about Palin. All I am saying is: given the fact that liberals in general are batting about .950 on unintended consequences(i.e. forcing banks to let sub-prime mortgages) for the last 50 years, I'd be careful on this one.

I do have a couple questions though. 1] You're actually saying that because the media and the public acted one way toward one person, Hillary, they will follow suit concerning another woman, even though the two women are pretty much the complete opposites? And 2] tell me, why weren't these women lying for the first few weeks pollsters were asking them about Palin when they were favorable toward her?

Answers:

1. Yeah, why not? A significant portion of our current culture has a predisposition to reward: weakness, dishonor(why is the media giving a platform to Blago?), cheating = belicheat, cowardice, and obfuscation. But the BIG STORY is: rewarding phony "victimhood". Especially phony victims like Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, or Duke Rape case girl. You would probably say that Palin is a classic non-victim, victim, and I would agree. Why then wouldn't the same people do the very thing they seem to always do?

Palin and Hillary are exact opposites? How do you know, for sure? Hillary is conniving B word that has clearly traded every shred of her honor and dignity for any chance at political power. I recognize, but don't admire, her commitment to her goals. How do we know Palin isn't just as nasty and jaded? Conversely, how do we know that both of them aren't simply mid-west women who are trying to get into and stay in the East coast game?

2. Simple, because they didn't need to, so why bother? Again, the Oprah standing order is to complement women doing anything, whether they deserve it or not. The bottom line is: they have been Oprah-trained to nod their head whenever the subject of any woman comes up no matter what they do. That training isn't broken because of party affiliation. The legions of bobbleheads by and large most likely aren't going to change their minds. The real drop in opinion of Palin more likely comes from: MEN. The minute she went from Hot-ass Governor to Hot-ass Hooter Girl who doesn't know the game, men stopped taking her seriously. And, women aren't going to start telling their husbands, or anyone, that they should take a Hooter Girl seriously...hence the lie.

She's a less intelligent Dan Quayle. 'Nuff said.

And you can back that up...how? Is she less intelligent than Al Franken? You do understand that if I interviewed you, that interview was taped, and I had access to and editing machine, I could make you appear to like men/sheep, right?

Travelgate is is worse than Cheyney's Halliburton things? :rolleyes:

After a long, long time of pushing people and using questionable tactics Ken Starr couldn't do anything but find a BJ and yet you think that's baggage? :(

Do they rationalize the Halliburton contract or the illegal wiretaps or the establishment of Gitmo? The people who rationalize that are very hypocritical if they don't see those things as being a lot worse than hiring the travel company they've always used and a witch hunt that couldn't find anything at all about Whitewater. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, before it was amplification problems and distortion problems.

Now it's the famous, liberal favorite: Anything that somebody on my team does that is bad is always excused by anything that somebody else did that was bad, regardless of degree, and especially if it has NOTHING to do with the friggin' subject at hand.

You were looking for rationalization examples? That is the WHOPPER of rationalization examples. Your mom should have told you: "If little Johnny jumps off a bridge, it doesn't make it OK for little Steely to do it". You mom must have missed that one, huh? :blink:

And you can back that up...how? Is she less intelligent than Al Franken? You do understand that if I interviewed you, that interview was taped, and I had access to and editing machine, I could make you appear to like men/sheep, right?

Ah yes, before it was amplification problems and distortion problems.

Now it's the famous, liberal favorite: Anything that somebody on my team does that is bad is always excused by anything that somebody else did that was bad, regardless of degree, and especially if it has NOTHING to do with the friggin' subject at hand.

You were looking for rationalization examples? That is the WHOPPER of rationalization examples. Your mom should have told you: "If little Johnny jumps off a bridge, it doesn't make it OK for little Steely to do it". You mom must have missed that one, huh? :rolleyes:

Did Palin go to Harvard? Franken did. If you think Palin is smarter than Franken then there's no need to continue this conversation because you are incapable of rational thought. How many books about politics has Palin written?

You really think the Palin interview was edited to make her look bad!!!! :rolleyes: Yeah they edited her inability to say what magazines she reads, what the Bush doctrine is and what her foreign policy experience is.

:(

How about seeing little Johnny killing hundreds of thousands of people and stealing other peoples money to fund it and it's ok for me to try and stop it.