It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ...

damj

It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ... The Bills have taken their place in the pantheon of inept franchises. We're now in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills

Pittsburgh Pirates

LA Clippers

NY Islanders

That High School Basketball team that lost 100-0.

Sound about right?

It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ... The Bills have taken their place in the pantheon of inept franchises. We're now in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's not how anyone in the league views us. We have been mostly a 7-9 team for the last decade. Non-Bills observers view the Buffalo Bills as just an average team, on par with the Texans, Browns, Chiefs, and Redskins.

That's not how anyone in the league views us. We have been mostly a 7-9 team for the last decade. Non-Bills observers view the Buffalo Bills as just an average team, on par with the Texans, Browns, Chiefs, and Redskins.

EXACTLY...we are a mediocre team and have been for a while. Actually we are presently a mediocre team leading toward becoming a good team. When we make good we will lean toward being a playoff team. Lets not overdo our depression here.

I love it how opinions become "official." It's only official in your mind.

I stand corrected ... we're only in the Lions territory [Link] ... Keeping drinking the Grape Kool-Aid boys!

Longest active post-season drought

Team Last appearance in post-season Seasons

Buffalo Bills 1999 Wild Card Playoffs 9

Detroit Lions 1999 Wild Card Playoffs 9

Cities/regions awaiting first Super Bowl crown

City/region Seasons waited Conference Title(s) Team(s) Notes

Atlanta 42 1998 Atlanta Falcons (1966-) Reached Super Bowl XXXIII

Buffalo 42 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Buffalo Bills (1966-) Reached Super Bowls XXV, XXVI, XXVII, and XXVIII

Detroit 42 None Detroit Lions (1966-) Reached the 1991 NFC Championship Game

Longest active division title drought

Seasons waited Franchise Most recent division title

16* Cleveland Browns 1989 (AFC Central)

15 Detroit Lions 1993 (NFC Central)

13 Buffalo Bills 1995 (AFC East)

Do I Stutter?

It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ... The Bills have taken their place in the pantheon of inept franchises. We're now in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions ... :bag::wallbash:

First off the Cardinals play in the NFC, Second this is their first Superbowl in the history of the superbowl, Third this team was the lions before they became mediocre now the finally turned the corner to the first superbowl trip. Our team isnt as inept as the LIONS and Bengals simply becuase those teams have better talent on their teams alone make them more inept than we are. We now we have average talent yet we expect super results it wont happen until we get the type of talent that the Cardinals have, or the bengals have or the Lions have and on top of that the coaches have to know how to utilize the strenghth of thier players and their teams in order to win.

I find your post appalling an uneducated, you are certainly a distraught fan but dont let it erode your thinking :thumbsup:

It's Official ... Now that the Cardinals are in the Superbowl ... The Bills have taken their place in the pantheon of inept franchises. We're now in the proud company of the Bungles and the Lions ... :wallbash::thumbsup:

it took the cards going to the big one for you to see this?

i think the bills have been inept since polian left.

if only ralph's daughter stayed out of the draft room that day. things may be totally changed.

EXACTLY...we are a mediocre team and have been for a while. Actually we are presently a mediocre team leading toward becoming a good team. When we make good we will lean toward being a playoff team. Lets not overdo our depression here.

Sorry but you're wrong, even a mediocre team would have had a 9-7 record with the easy as pie schedule the Bills had in 2008. In 2009, this pathetically led team will have no more than 5 wins...

Home: Miami, New England, New York Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland

Away: Miami, New England, New York Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Tennessee

I see their only wins coming from beating the Jets once, Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Kansas City. Even giving them that many wins seems a bit generous. Don't kid yourself, Dick Jauron is THAT bad of a football coach.

Sorry but you're wrong, even a mediocre team would have had a 9-7 record with the easy as pie schedule the Bills had in 2008. In 2009, this pathetically led team will have no more than 5 wins...

Home: Miami, New England, New York Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland

Away: Miami, New England, New York Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Tennessee

I see their only wins coming from beating the Jets once, Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Kansas City. Even giving them that many wins seems a bit generous. Don't kid yourself, Dick Jauron is THAT bad of a football coach.

Well said ... despite an identical w-l record from the year before, I think that we took a step backwards. In 07, we were younger, less talented and decimated by injuries. Given the schedule and fewer injuries in 08, 7-9 represents a step backwards, and we're committed to staying the course ... of mediocrity.

The Lions had zero wins last year. Since 2000, they've had one 2-win season, two 3-win seasons, two 5-win seasons, and one 6-win season.

The Bills are competitive in nearly every game, and finish most seasons with between six and nine wins.

No one outside of this board considers the two franchises to be on par.

Hey Nostradamus, wanna wait till this season ends to start your lock picks for next year. Christ, why even play the games? Besides everyone knows that parity doesn't exist in the NFL. Things like free agency, draft, injuries, and experience I guess don't figure into your calculations. Before you come back with the same old "we can't win with Jauron" response save it. It gets old and way over the top.

First off the Cardinals play in the NFC, Second this is their first Superbowl in the history of the superbowl, Third this team was the lions before they became mediocre now the finally turned the corner to the first superbowl trip. Our team isnt as inept as the LIONS and Bengals simply becuase those teams have better talent on their teams alone make them more inept than we are. We now we have average talent yet we expect super results it wont happen until we get the type of talent that the Cardinals have, or the bengals have or the Lions have and on top of that the coaches have to know how to utilize the strenghth of thier players and their teams in order to win.

I find your post appalling an uneducated, you are certainly a distraught fan but dont let it erode your thinking :thumbsup:

Exactly. The Cards went 3-7 outside their division. In any other division, they won't have even been in the playoffs.

Plus if going to the Super Bowl gets teh Cards out fo the pathetic category, shouldn't going to the Super 4 times less than 20 years ago keep you out as well? Dumb logic.

The Lions had zero wins last year. Since 2000, they've had one 2-win season, two 3-win seasons, two 5-win seasons, and one 6-win season.

The Bills are competitive in nearly every game, and finish most seasons with between six and nine wins.

No one outside of this board considers the two franchises to be on par.

I never said they were on par with the 0-16 Lions. Just inferring that after the 2009 season the Bills will be considered one of the worst teams in the league. I'm basing this prediction on how they finished the 2008 season and looking ahead at the 2009 schedule. Hopefully the team will be able to turn around their fortunes in 2010 with a new coach just like the Dolphins did this past year. I see the 2009 season as hopeless with Dick Jauron as their head coach.

You're a joke if you are predicting the schedule in January. But then again, you probably rolling around in your Benz after prediciting the Fins and Falcons would win 11 games while th Jags and Cowboys would be watching the playoffs. You're a genius.

Exactly. The Cards went 3-7 outside their division. In any other division, they won't have even been in the playoffs.

Plus if going to the Super Bowl gets teh Cards out fo the pathetic category, shouldn't going to the Super 4 times less than 20 years ago keep you out as well? Dumb logic.

No kidding! How do people get through the day?

I never said they were on par with the 0-16 Lions. Just inferring that after the 2009 season the Bills will be considered one of the worst teams in the league. I'm basing this prediction on how they finished the 2008 season and looking ahead at the 2009 schedule. Hopefully the team will be able to turn around their fortunes in 2010 with a new coach just like the Dolphins did this past year. I see the 2009 season as hopeless with Dick Jauron as their head coach.

You have a horrible way of looking at life my friend. Why not hope for the team to turn it around in 2009? Does it get in the way of your I hate Jauron agenda? What is more important to you?