Anyone Watching Graham Harrell Bury Himself?

H2o

His Senior Bowl performance has been horrible. He's 2 of 9 with about 30 yards, 1 INT, and short hopping balls like JP. They were talking Heisman for the guy about 2 1/2 months ago and now he might not get drafted.

His Senior Bowl performance has been horrible. He's 2 of 9 with about 30 yards, 1 INT, and short hopping balls like JP. They were talking Heisman for the guy about 2 1/2 months ago and now he might not get drafted.

winning, or being in the running for a heisman has not impact on the QB being a good nfl qb. look at some of past heisman qb's

Most of the scouts don't watch the Senior Bowl. They leave town after the practices. John Butler stated this for years. They have tracked these guys for years. Harrell's plusses and minuses were well known before yesterday.

It was reported he also had a poor week of practice.

winning, or being in the running for a heisman has not impact on the QB being a good nfl qb. look at some of past heisman qb's

Gary Beban, Andre Ware, Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Troy Smith . . .

(Partial List)

You may be right, BUT he will miss out on the big signing bonus.

I don't really think he was in line for one though, was he? Signing bonuses drop like a dead weight after the first round. If he gets a couple teams interested he can make a little something as a UFA.

Anyone have 'historical' signing bonuses by draft position?

Gary Beban, Andre Ware, Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Troy Smith . . .

(Partial List)

I still say Troy Smith never got a fair shake. The Ravens never really tested him out in their 5-11 season before drafting Flacco. To me, he isn't a bust, he just never got a shot.

I still say Troy Smith never got a fair shake. The Ravens never really tested him out in their 5-11 season before drafting Flacco. To me, he isn't a bust, he just never got a shot.

I agree, Troy never got a chance. He was supposed to have a chance to compete for the spot but nobody saw Flacco coming.

I was talking about the poor guy's emotional roller coaster over the last 3 months. I kinda feel bad for him.

About Troy Smith, I don't feel he's really gotten a fair shot yet either. The sad thing is that he might never get a real shot at starting. He could've been the starter this year, but caught mono or something that had him sick and made him drop like 20lbs.

I don't think you can put Charlie Ward up there either because he chose to play in the NBA. He could've been the first version of the running QB to hit the NFL in that capacity before Mike Vick. I also think that Ward was a decent QB. He was good at reading the defense and getting the ball out on time. He wasn't "pin-point" accurate, but he could've started in the NFL somewhere IMO.

Did Gino Torreta win the heisman??

Yes, he did!

I'll give several posters Troy Smith not getting his chance yet. Charlie Ward went NBA in part because the universal opinion in the NFL was that he wouldn't make it. (Of course, opinions could be wrong. Kurt Warner and Tony Romo were UDFA's.)

My point was just that college (Heisman) performance is no guaranty of future success.