DE, LB, C and TE

I think the calculus is this: DE is by far the most expensive of those four positions in free agency. Draft one in the first round. Tight End has the least available talent in free agency - round 2.

Then you're looking for a center, and an LB in free agency with lots of good choices. I'd target Dansby and Brown, but it's not critical with the options out there.

Obama what is your plan? Who do you intend to target in UFA and the draft?

If the Bills Management are too stupid to figure out how to get 2 out of the 4 positions mentioned in FA, they should be fired. I don't even care if they are THE BEST available but I am pretty confident there are a couple guys that can replace our B string. I am not going to list 100 free agents, it's not my job. If it was, I can sure as hell tell you I would have done a better job than the Bills.

The draft is even easier... pick the best available from 2 positions left.

It's not rocket science!

I think the calculus is this: DE is by far the most expensive of those four positions in free agency. Draft one in the first round. Tight End has the least available talent in free agency - round 2.

Then you're looking for a center, and an LB in free agency with lots of good choices. I'd target Dansby and Brown, but it's not critical with the options out there.

There you go! Done

I would do this:

Matt Birk C

Crowell (unlikely but I would) LB

Orakpo DE

Chase Coffman TE

Somewhat my plan as well. If not Crowell, then im not sure who. But Thats a decent plan. My fear is that Coffman might not be there when we pick round 2. But who knows.

Free Agency really dictates what a team will do come draft day.

I just dont get why so many want Maleguga so bad. I just dont really get it, he is a bigger slower LB (quick yes, but top end speed is lacking) who plays the run well but cannot cover that well. So pretty much we would have three Lbs, who are slower, and not as good in coverage as they need to be. All three of them would be better off blitzing than covering, yet we never blitz our LBs.

I have been saying for a long time we need a LB who can cover (insert nightmares of Mitchell getting burnt by RBs here). I have been preaching for Nic Harris of Ok. I have read that he coverted to LB for the Senior Bowl and has looked very good there, particularly in coverage. I think he will be around in the 3rd, deff the 2nd. Brian Cushing has also looked great in coverage (from what I have read). Outside of those two I have not heard of any LB being that successful in coverage. We need a Ernie Sims or Cato June type player, not a Trotter or Mitchell type.

I would do this:

Matt Birk C

Orakpo DE

Chase Coffman TE

I totally agree-C and LB have the most available Free Agents (Birk,Saturday,Brown/Vilma,Scott,Crowell,Boley). The draft looks like the best bet for DE and TE (Orakpo,Brown,Maybin,Johnson/Pettigow,Coffman,Cook). Seems like the logical path.

Good plan...I like it :unsure:

I would do this:

Matt Birk C

Orakpo DE

Chase Coffman TE

I like this a lot as well, I prefer Brown over Orapko but I'd be very happy either way.

Don't you think that our team would be upgraded significantly with the additions of these four players?

I do...

I like this a lot as well, I prefer Brown over Orapko but I'd be very happy either way.

Don't you think that our team would be upgraded significantly with the additions of these four players?

I do...

I agree, any one of those four players would be a nice addition to our team...

Free Agency really dictates what a team will do come draft day.

Also, who's on the IR list at the end of a season...and how many are on there. Who will come back to health? What positions?

Podunk B'gals finished with 24 players put on IR during the season - lost a total of 84 games from their game 1 starting squads. They had only 6 starters that played a complete season. And being notorious for having a minimum of scouts as is - they have to be baffled on draft day. Go for an OL or wait and see if the Franchise Tagged one still has a functioning knee? Pass on a decent LB in hopes that last year's #1 recovers from his broken jaw? Go for a CB after your #1 '06 pick broke his foot - again? Your '06 #2 pick OL got a nasty high ankle sprain? What to do?

I think BUF is middle of the pack - 11 on IR at season end, IIRC. They will also have to speculate about the what ifs.

I've always felt that in-season injuries are big determinants of game outcomes. Duh...

And affects drafting plans significantly. Duh, part deux... :unsure:

I totally agree-C and LB have the most available Free Agents (Birk,Saturday,Brown/Vilma,Scott,Crowell,Boley). The draft looks like the best bet for DE and TE (Orakpo,Brown,Maybin,Johnson/Pettigow,Coffman,Cook). Seems like the logical path.

This draft is also deep for good OCs.......which is a position with a very low bust rate(as opposed to DE).

I'd break the bank & get Peppers(looks like he will be a FA & somebody is going to pay top dollar.....why not us)......and grab a LB in FA.

I'd Draft a TE in the 1st & OC in the 2nd.

draft a DE in the first round? so maybe in a year or 2 he will be worth the pick? great Idea ralph. 30 frigginn years of this think has us where we are now.

Fill holes in FA, Draft playmakers. Its that simple. stupid.

Huh? You dont think a top DE is a playmaker? Do you watch football or just the highlights on ESPN? What constitutes a playmaker in your eyes? More importantly, what position would you draft a play maker that is more likely to be an impact in their rookie season than a DE at #11?

Also, given your 2 year impatient window, do you somehow think we will make Super Bowl with one rookie "Playmaker" next year and can not wait for a player to develop in a short 2 year period?

What about receiver ? No more Eric Flowers, pick up one of the free agent DE`s. Draft LB Rey M. from USC move Poz outside. Pick-up another free agent WR. That is a good start. Oh forgot pick up a vet Qb. Done !
Eric Flowers :unsure: please no..

I quite agree,there are 2-3 stand out receivers in the first 20 picks-Crabtree-Maclin-Harvin-Nicks-Bey and Lee Evans really needs a burner on the other side to help him out, one of them will get single coverage and be open. Maclin or Harvin might actually be worth the 11th pick.