Lost Season 5 Official Thread!

extrahammer

3. Locke, Sun, Ben, etc. Do we know for sure they are in 2007? I know the plane left in 2007 LOST time, and that jack etc went back to 1977. But did the rest of the plane land in 2007 or some other time between Dharma and the present. Remember, they went from flying during the night to crashing during the day.

I agree. Either they are in a different time or there was an F up in the show. I doubt it was the latter, I'm not sure why more people aren't picking up on that.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it were just a test of Miles' ability, Felix was part of Widmore's group, and Naomi already knows.... Still, why would Widmore need a fact-finding dossier about something he did? Or, supposing Felix was working for Ben, why would Ben be gathering damning info together on something he did? All signs point to Ben.

How else would Widmore test Miles ability and determine whether or not it is real or a sham other than to use someone he knows?

3. Locke, Sun, Ben, etc. Do we know for sure they are in 2007? I know the plane left in 2007 LOST time, and that jack etc went back to 1977. But did the rest of the plane land in 2007 or some other time between Dharma and the present. Remember, they went from flying during the night to crashing during the day.

Or they could be in the future.

Ok, finally getting caught up here. Mom was visiting the past week, so i had 2 eps to catch up on last night. Lots of good ideas as usual thrown about and i have a few to add.

1. Alpert - i think he's the owner or keeper of the island and the "others." He seems to get the pieces in place where they need to be, but then let the individuals make their own choices. This was highlighted with Young Ben and baby Alex. There was a disagreement between Ben and Whidmore about what to do with Alex, and Richard kind of sat there and had a look of, "you make the choice."

2. On the topic of Alex, i wonder if Ben keeping her had something to do with the others' inability to have children. Perhaps Ben was supposed to kill her as a baby, but if he did what "he wanted" instead of what the island wanted, the island punished the group by not allowing any babies to be born. Ben seemed to do a lot of what he wanted as the leader, which may not have been what the island wanted.

4. The new group in 2007 seems to be the leftovers of the DI. With all the guns, it makes sense they are primed to re-take the island.

2. Are we sure that the pregnancy problem didn't exist prior to Ben's takeover? E.g. the charges of how Widmore left the island in order to have children. Eloise Hawking evidently left the island and had Faraday. The last on-island conception and birth that we know of is Ethan in '77. Juliet described the problem being like the woman's body treats the fetus as an infection (?); we've heard from Rousseau, Kelvin and Desmond about a virus, but could it not be an antivirus? Remember in the secretly-filmed Swedish(?) tape, the DI scientist described a drug development that would reduce the pregnancy rate by exactly 30 percent.... and perhaps something went wrong.

3. Don't know for sure. But they are definitely post-2004, b/c the runway that Sawyer and Kate were forced to help clear in S3 is where the Ajira plane landed. And things looked pretty dilapidated even from the 2004 state.

4. Just to be clear, I don't think by far that they are the "leftovers." The DI has likely been alive and well even since the Purge, tho they couldn't get back to the island b/c it had been moved (by a polar bear? Possibly by the polar bear that Charlotte found in the Tunisia exit?). Also bear in mind that the food/supply drops had still been going on since the Purge at the Swan station --- how did that get there? No one saw any planes, etc. yet the crates had parachutes. DI is still out there (and now, suspected, back on the island) much like the Others have a network of people off-island.

In fact, from Ilana's involvement, it looks like Ben was sending Sayid to kill DI off-island people (e.g. "The Economist" which is kind of similar to how the DI jumpsuits describe people, no? Horace's reads "Mathematician"), not Widmore loyalists.

How else would Widmore test Miles ability and determine whether or not it is real or a sham other than to use someone he knows?

Maybe the answer to that lies in the questions that Miles asked of his mum... "How did I get to be this way?" We don't know this, but since he was born on the island, it would seem that his 'gift' is somewhat similar to the smoke monster's, tho Miles says he "feels" the messages rather than sees/downloads them.

Perhaps Miles was taken by the Others and given 'tests' similar to what they did with Walt. That's just conjecture. There's still a large gap for Miles.

Maybe the answer to that lies in the questions that Miles asked of his mum... "How did I get to be this way?" We don't know this, but since he was born on the island, it would seem that his 'gift' is somewhat similar to the smoke monster's, tho Miles says he "feels" the messages rather than sees/downloads them.

Perhaps Miles was taken by the Others and given 'tests' similar to what they did with Walt. That's just conjecture. There's still a large gap for Miles.

I think the "tests" they had Walt take had alot to do with ability to dream future events....I wouldnt be surprised the runway they were clearing out was a result of these "tests"

I think the "tests" they had Walt take had alot to do with ability to dream future events....I wouldnt be surprised the runway they were clearing out was a result of these "tests"

given that Walt had said that the Others had him sitting in front of a computer, punching numbers in, wouldnt it seem like they had him working on 1 of 2 things?

either:

1. trying to see if he could guess/predict the numbers needed to change the Valenzetti Equation

and/or

2. trying to see if he could predict the next place the island would be (a la Elouise Hawking)

Vis-a-vis the reason for the clip show, what's the status of Idol? How many shows do they have left before they crown the next one? (Just what this country needs. Another person who doesn't have a real job. In about six years, the whole US will be singing to each other as our whole economy.) The execs may be timing it so the LOST finale won't be in direct competition with AI. I could very well be off base here and there's 12 people left and it'll run 'til June. Dunno. I've never watched it.

Interesting to see it all shown chronologically rather than jumping around b/w the stories. Highlighted for me even more the question of how Hurley got out of jail and how he knew to get on Ajira 316. This seems to be the last big piece of the puzzle of how the O6 got back together.

Tonight, the narration did say that it was Widmore who staged the 815 wreckage. Well, drop my pants and paint me with ketchup. I wasn't so sure the question had been answered. And since the accusation came out of Ben's lips.... Guess I was wrong. So, Widmore paid someone to stage the wreckage and then paid for the freighter folk (left completely in the dark) to find the wreckage. Guess I just didn't get the need for double-secret-Delta-Force-mega-uber secrecy. A'ight.

But there is something that I'm more convinced of than ever, tho... My theory that Jack is Jacob. It just makes perfect sense to me. The full-circleness of Belief with Jack as the 'Man of Science' being the one who's likely going to be working with/through Locke --- the ultimate mindf--k twist to maybe the show's biggest running theme. The fact that Jack can't "let things go" (Jacob has held on pretty tight to saving the island, yes?... through death, even). Christian's close involvement and being "in a position to speak for" Jacob. Jack being a "great man" / One who "walks among us, but is not one of us." Jack --- the name itself --- being a derivative of the Jacob root name. Ben telling Jack in the hotel that "...You're never coming back" and saying this with what I now think is a certainty b/c of something Ben knows, not just general supposition that 'when you leave, you can't come back' rules that have been broken....

BTW --- anyone know who the narrator was? Sounded a little like the main character on the "Better Off Ted" show....

Interesting to see it all shown chronologically rather than jumping around b/w the stories. Highlighted for me even more the question of how Hurley got out of jail and how he knew to get on Ajira 316. This seems to be the last big piece of the puzzle of how the O6 got back together.

Ben's lawyer arranged something. I remember him telling Ben that Hurley was released because evidence showed that the man was killed HOURS before Hurley escaped. Now either the evidence was tampered with, or something bigger is being hinted at. Time travel of some sorts? How he made his way to flight 316, i have no idea. But given the guitar case I would guess that Charlie persuaded him.

Tonight, the narration did say that it was Widmore who staged the 815 wreckage. Well, drop my pants and paint me with ketchup. I wasn't so sure the question had been answered. And since the accusation came out of Ben's lips.... Guess I was wrong. So, Widmore paid someone to stage the wreckage and then paid for the freighter folk (left completely in the dark) to find the wreckage. Guess I just didn't get the need for double-secret-Delta-Force-mega-uber secrecy. A'ight.

The other big confirmation was that the narrator said the rest of flight 316 is in 2007, or "current" time. not in the past or future.

But there is something that I'm more convinced of than ever, tho... My theory that Jack is Jacob. It just makes perfect sense to me. The full-circleness of Belief with Jack as the 'Man of Science' being the one who's likely going to be working with/through Locke --- the ultimate mindf--k twist to maybe the show's biggest running theme. The fact that Jack can't "let things go" (Jacob has held on pretty tight to saving the island, yes?... through death, even). Christian's close involvement and being "in a position to speak for" Jacob. Jack being a "great man" / One who "walks among us, but is not one of us." Jack --- the name itself --- being a derivative of the Jacob root name. Ben telling Jack in the hotel that "...You're never coming back" and saying this with what I now think is a certainty b/c of something Ben knows, not just general supposition that 'when you leave, you can't come back' rules that have been broken....

BTW --- anyone know who the narrator was? Sounded a little like the main character on the "Better Off Ted" show....

I'm under the same belief regarding Jack being Jacob. The name similarity/derivative is obvious. maybe TOOOO obvious?!?!

Does anyone know when they start production each season of Lost? A friend and I are seriously considering a trip to Hawaii getting the LOST tour of all the sets. I've had some friends do it and get to meet the cast and such, I'd love to be able to do it when they're filming.

Obama's TelePrompTer better not be cutting into LOST on Wednesday night, that's all I have to say....

LOST 5.14 "The Variable" - Daniel Faraday-centric episode - (ABC promo copy) The time of reckoning has begun when Daniel Faraday comes clean regarding what he knows about the island.

Per the preview shown after the recap show last week, it appears this episode will include --- or be the lead-in to --- the season-opening scene with Faraday at the Orchid construction site. Looks like we'll find out what Faraday's been up to in Ann Arbor (Has he been there from '74-'77 or was that not answered?). Also looks like there's going to be some fleshing out of the 'sides' after Sawyer's story started to fall apart in "Some Like it Hoth."

On edit: This is also LOST's milestone 100th episode. (And this is for a 1-hour show, not a 30-min sitcom).

‘Lost’ creators never expected 100 episodes

“I said, ‘We’re probably not going to get past episode 13. Let’s all be honest about that upfront,” Lindelof recalled, adding, “If I traveled back in time to tell myself after that meeting that we were going to make it to 100 and still have a season beyond that, I would have laughed in my face.”

In Wednesday’s episode, titled “The Variable” and airing at 9 p.m. EDT, viewers will get a few more pieces of the puzzle.

“We’re not promising any big whiz-bang flash pyrotechnics,” said Lindelof. But it does serve as what he calls “a companion piece” to another memorable episode, last season’s “The Constant,” in which Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) endured vicious, turbulence-caused side effects.

Apparently ABC sent in Ace of Cakes to celebrate Lost's 100th episode with the cast. Here are some pics...

The Island Cake

Josh "Sawyer" taking a swig of beer cake

Hurley and his cake-character

Cast checks out the cake

and last but not least...

Juliet with her and Kate

Juliet and cake

I love me some Juliet...